BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
She said that intuitive eating probably won't cause weight loss. Well, great.

She even said to do it you need "to eat as much as you want" and figure out your body's signals.
And that's why I don't watch nonsense like this video. She's an idiot if she says that. What she's doing is projecting what maybe SHE can do. But that does NOT work for most of humanity. Not in the modern environment.

People have to become aware of what they are eating an what real portion sizes are, along with imposing some self-control ni an environment that promotes overconsumption. Call that a diet if you wish but that's what has to happen.
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
That study is interesting. To be honest I find it odd that anyone could eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies and go to the gym but stay obese. Obviously they can be eating a lot more food than their body needs, but I never want to go to the gym if I am eating too much...or eat many vegetables for that matter.
Your signaling for satiation may be different than that of an obese person.
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I see obese people at teh gym all the time. You can out eat any activity program and eating 5 servings of fruits/veg per day has no impact per se if the rest of your diet is garbage.
I tend to be an all or nothing type of person so it is hard for me to think about going to the gym when I am overeating. Either I am eating right and going to the gym or doing neither. Obviously this isn't true for everyone though...and the people that can overeat and still go to the gym are probably in a better position than myself.
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Your signaling for satiation may be different than that of an obese person.
My bmi is 37.2 down from 49 at the beginning of 2013. lol, I am quite obese. Basically since the beginning of 2013 I have gone through cycles of eating healthy and losing weight and binge eating and gaining weight. I am either actively gaining or losing weight at a fast pace either way. I have been staying between 235 and 255 for almost a year unfortunately though.
Unread 08-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I tend to be an all or nothing type of person so it is hard for me to think about going to the gym when I am overeating. Either I am eating right and going to the gym or doing neither. Obviously this isn't true for everyone though...and the people that can overeat and still go to the gym are probably in a better position than myself.
This isn't about you. So how about you stop projecting YOUR nonsense anymore than the stupid woman behind this video projects HERS.
Unread 08-12-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
My bmi is 37.2 down from 49 at the beginning of 2013. lol, I am quite obese. Basically since the beginning of 2013 I have gone through cycles of eating healthy and losing weight and binge eating and gaining weight. I am either actively gaining or losing weight at a fast pace either way. I have been staying between 235 and 255 for almost a year unfortunately though.
Great work-and I'm truly glad that increasing your vegetable/fruit intake is an effective strategy for you (as it can be for many people). But the mental signaling around satiation is really complicated and varies from person to person.

As for the gym part, the amount of calories burned in a reasonable-length workout isn't that high and can easily be overwhelmed by eating.
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:40 AM

"Eat whenever I am hungry"

I'd be up to 600lbs by now.
Unread 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post
"Eat whenever I am hungry"

I'd be up to 600lbs by now.
And many people that agree with this philosophy are grossly overweight. To some people that don't crave eating a large amount, this is a great way to eat. For people that are already overweight when they start or naturally have a large appetite, it is a great recipe for an early heart attack. Healthy at every size though, am I right????
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Well, the game changed for me once I hit single digits. Since then, how I view food is completely different... and it "feels" different. Very weird.