BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-28-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbcool View Post
I can say this happens to me every time I start dieting. 4-6 weeks will pass. I'll drop 5-7lbs water weight and maybe a pound or two but largely no progress. Stomach will feel different, like small beads under the skin. At this point I hit a wall showing no scale progress.

When that happens I'll take 2-3 shots before bed OR consume 200-300G carbs usually from rice. Wake up the next day and weigh more if I did the brief rice carbload or less if I dehydrated myself. Visually look much leaner in either case.

About 4 weeks after that it'll go away permanently. Once I start back on the diet and eating normally i'll usually go back to whatever weight I was before.

I can see why so many dieters struggle though, hard to deprive yourself for that long and still see zero progress. The body is strange

4 weeks is plenty of time to lose 8-12 lbs of fat for someone beginning a diet. Now you have to remember some of that fat is visceral and is surrounding your organs rather than subcutaneous under the skin where it's more visible.

But in 4 weeks of dieting if you aren't seeing progress in your waist I'd be awfully suprised. Try finding a pair of pants that "fits" perfectly around your waist but muffintops you and would be extremely uncomfortable to wear to work that day. Then 4 weeks later try them on again. Big difference if you've even been semi-dilligent.

Usually when i lose the first 10 pounds the progress is more visible in my face and perhaps even my arms than my belly. It takes a long time to make significant progress on your belly for most men. In fact, I practically have to lose ALL the fat on my lower back before i ever start noticing significant visual belly fat loss... at the beginning of my diets i monitor my lower back closely.. it helps keep me motivated for the long journey ahead before we start hammering the belly.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.