BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-31-2018, 04:33 PM

Went a bit extra yesterday probably 36 to 3800 cals. Took a benadryl at night and ate couple sandwiches with jelly. Noting over the years I get a 'munchies' effect from benadryl. Back at 3000 cals today. About 280/220/100 today gonna aim for 250/300/80 tomorrow or there ish. Woke up with a lot of the water gone and skin tighter, from the 300g+ carbs no doubt.
Unread 09-04-2018, 09:56 PM

Lookin lean already. What's the motivation? A show or just for fun?
Unread 09-05-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Shredderer View Post
Lookin lean already. What's the motivation? A show or just for fun?
Just fun really. Trying to nail habits to keep me in good shape year around.

Time for a deload, next 3 to 4 workouts. Weighed in 204.4 again.

Morning photos: http://imgur.com/a/N5yQsRX
Unread 09-05-2018, 01:15 PM

Some notes from the last few weeks of dieting

-caffeine in the afternoon or later really screws with sleep
-benadryl for allergies gives me munchies, especially at night
-limiting higher FODMAP foods has treated me well. currently mostly eating chicken (for cost, prefer lean beef), yellow potatoes, white rice (cooked in beef stock), cooked spinach, milk protein isolate, chicken/beef liver, walnuts, cheddar cheese, sf jello, corn syrup. Some foods I liked but found issues with; super ripe bananas, avocados. In cronometer I'm usually low on Vit E, D sometimes but been 90% just about daily (mostly from spinach and liver and chicken really)
-basic supplements: d3, mag, 5-htp
-3 days lifting a week is a very sweet spot for me. I'm 'hungry' for more each session, and recovering well, minimal joint issues
-increased sleep is great. some nights I don't get 7-9 hrs, but its been a huge improvement since probably any other time in my adult life. make it a point to go to bed by 9 the nights I'm at my place.
-having a pretty bland diet (I use Tapatio hot sauce and salt liberally with my meat/rice/potatoes, but nothing too crazy honestly) is great for adherence and limiting hunger.
Unread 09-09-2018, 06:43 AM

Dietary adherence has been really great lately. Hitting 3000 cals daily. Sleep could use a bit of improvement for sure on my rest days. Deload feels good, gut feels good from eliminating avocados and bananas.

Currently only eating chicken, liver, spinach, jello, white rice, grits, cheddar, and milk protein isolate and gut feels very good (only lacking vit e/k on chronometer which I supplement), probably the best other than trying out carnivorous diet for a bit. Stopped taking a multi and magnesium and thinking of adding a tin of sardines 2-3x/wk after my fish oil pills run out and ditching the latter too.

Weighed 206 Friday, gonna check again next week with photos. Planning on lifting the next two sessions light as well and keep eating maintenance for next week as well. This might have been the first time where I transitioned to maintenance without having issues of hunger, cravings, etc, and it's mostly from sticking to same foods and not introducing more palatable ones.
Unread 09-12-2018, 07:52 AM

205.6 today, let's say I'm around 205 to 206 maintenance. Gonna have another light session tomorrow and hit 80 to 90% working weights Saturday. Maintenance feels good. Have a pretty perfect gut now, which is actually damn amazing given my issues.

Not sure when I'll drop into a deficit again. Thinking sometime between this Saturday and Tuesday, probably planning close to maintenance on training days and 2-4 days psmf/wk. Aiming for a lb/wk fat loss.
Unread 09-17-2018, 11:34 AM

Starting my deficit today. Aiming for 10x bw on rest days and 11x on workout days. 260-270g p (~1.3g/lb total bw), minimum 100g carb. Really wanna get about 5 lbs fat down in 3-4 weeks and move to maintenance then a small surplus.If I get hunger pangs next week I'll bump up to 11x/12x reassess etc. Added 15mg superdrol to minimise lbm losses. Also, orals kill my appetite sometimes.
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:16 PM

I'm up 2 or 3 lbs water weight from the oral but already leaner around quads, neck, triceps. Feel ok on the low cals. Having some extra food today, small deficit- sons 2nd birthday and a work occasion. 58 hr workweek so barely any time to get bored and hungry haha
Unread 09-24-2018, 03:52 AM

http://imgur.com/a/FjgS0iO

A week in. Feel content with the progress. Bw spiked to 209.8 and down to 203.6 pretty linearly throughout the week.

~6000 deficit last week from diet. No cardio other than walking ..idk 3 ish miles with my partner and her dogs on the weekend. I'll aim for that again this week. If I get too hungry I'll add a couple hundred cals in. Aiming to wrap this up in 3 to 4 wks max, with increased cals as the loss phase comes to a close.
Unread 09-26-2018, 11:34 AM

Gym strength is good. Going to upper/lower 4x is good for me to spread out the work sets (overall sets unchanged).

Having some weird water issues, scale went 203 to 206 205 204 etc. I don't mind it, heavier I stay my leverages maintain. My deadlifting and squatting form have been very good lately. Just flat benching 3rd or 4th time in a while and pretty weak at it, and using hammer inclines as my lighter chest movement.

Sleep and mood are meh from the low cals and carbs) but I'm not far away.

Last edited by w1cked : 09-26-2018 at 11:38 AM.