BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Unread 09-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Myles.Buckley Myles.Buckley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GPS: 50.916752 N, 114.050961 W
Posts: 1,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Hmm, that never happened to me. And I ate three pounds of beets in about two days. I’ll try harder next time.
it might be a specific type of beet - don't try too hard.
__________________
1. Ketosis doesn't matter.
2. Strength training+Protein+DHA/EPA+veggies+vitamins&minerals DOES.
3. Search BEFORE you ask questions.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
  #92  
Unread 09-19-2018, 03:34 AM
Ambitius Ambitius is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I've read his book, to summerize his deficits (see what I did there ) :


Men :

>25% BF = 750kcal
10<BF<25% = 500kcal
<10% = 350kcal


Women:

>33% BF = 500kcal deficit
18<BF<33% = 350kcal
<18% = 225kcal

" 16:8 - Setup " :

Training-Days = maintenance + 7.5%
Rest-Days = maintenance - 7.5%


Now that's what we've all been waiting for a decade….not!

He referes to his website regarding everything else. Training-wise realy low Volume, 3 days split, RPT-style.

No "specific" faster Cut-, Recomp, nor a Bulk-protocol(!) was included.


95% novel, 5% here are some examples with numbers. Take care.
  #93  
Unread 09-19-2018, 07:42 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,888
Default

Wow that's some ground breaking info
  #94  
Unread 09-19-2018, 08:58 AM
alcahuetej's Avatar
alcahuetej alcahuetej is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitius View Post
I've read his book, to summerize his deficits (see what I did there ) :


Men :

>25% BF = 750kcal
10<BF<25% = 500kcal
<10% = 350kcal


Women:

>33% BF = 500kcal deficit
18<BF<33% = 350kcal
<18% = 225kcal

" 16:8 - Setup " :

Training-Days = maintenance + 7.5%
Rest-Days = maintenance - 7.5%


Now that's what we've all been waiting for a decade….not!

He referes to his website regarding everything else. Training-wise realy low Volume, 3 days split, RPT-style.

No "specific" faster Cut-, Recomp, nor a Bulk-protocol(!) was included.


95% novel, 5% here are some examples with numbers. Take care.

I've read most of it, but some of that seems a bit off. For example, he mentioned the 16:8 part, but it's not necessarily part of the protocol.

But your main point stands.
  #95  
Unread 09-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Bandid0's Avatar
Bandid0 Bandid0 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 47
Default

I've seen mentioned on this thread that he didn't push IF / admited that IF wasn't the best way

Is there any new information proving that it sucks or something?

I've been doing it for a while, mainly because:
  • save time having no breakfast
  • no need to spend money or pack lunch with me at work
  • can eat a lot at night when I'm more bored and think more about food. Lyle has mentioned this reasoning before

I thought that the veredict on IF was that it was ok if it fitted your schedule and if you could have adherence with it.

So please elucidate me if there's any new info
__________________
non native english speaker
  #96  
Unread 09-19-2018, 06:03 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandid0 View Post
I've seen mentioned on this thread that he didn't push IF / admited that IF wasn't the best way

Is there any new information proving that it sucks or something?

I've been doing it for a while, mainly because:
  • save time having no breakfast
  • no need to spend money or pack lunch with me at work
  • can eat a lot at night when I'm more bored and think more about food. Lyle has mentioned this reasoning before

I thought that the veredict on IF was that it was ok if it fitted your schedule and if you could have adherence with it.

So please elucidate me if there's any new info
Same here. I dont do it when cals too high but under 3000 perfect.
  #97  
Unread 09-19-2018, 06:55 PM
alcahuetej's Avatar
alcahuetej alcahuetej is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandid0 View Post
I've seen mentioned on this thread that he didn't push IF / admited that IF wasn't the best way

Is there any new information proving that it sucks or something?
Nah he just doesn't have it as part of the Lean Gains protocol. He has a chapter on it, but it's simply another tool one can choose to use if it works for them.
  #98  
Unread 09-20-2018, 07:43 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Nah he just doesn't have it as part of the Lean Gains protocol. He has a chapter on it, but it's simply another tool one can choose to use if it works for them.
Why are you doing this? Why are you being an apologist for a self-admitted conman.

LEANGAINS IS IF. It always was. Except that he says now it was bs and he knew it was he was gouging people $1500 a month.

I have seen LEANGAINS cited in STUDIES on IF. They are synonyms for all practical purposes.

He's full of crap, his book is a piece of crap and and people should not defend this crap on ANY LEVEL.
  #99  
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:11 AM
alcahuetej's Avatar
alcahuetej alcahuetej is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Why are you doing this? Why are you being an apologist for a self-admitted conman.

LEANGAINS IS IF. It always was. Except that he says now it was bs and he knew it was he was gouging people $1500 a month.

I have seen LEANGAINS cited in STUDIES on IF. They are synonyms for all practical purposes.
I'm not defending him or being an apologist for him or his book.

I'm simply stating a fact. Intermittent Fasting is not part of the Lean Gains protocol in his book. It's a separate chapter and he says it is a tool people can use in conjunction with his Lean Gains protocol.

Everything you're saying is likely true. People associate Leangains with IF, it was touted as much for years, they are effectively synonymous, and he's back tracked on that...sort of.

I'm not defending him, his book, or saying it's a bad or good book.
  #100  
Unread 09-20-2018, 09:40 AM
Twitchy Twitchy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
I'm not defending him or being an apologist for him or his book.

I'm simply stating a fact. Intermittent Fasting is not part of the Lean Gains protocol in his book. It's a separate chapter and he says it is a tool people can use in conjunction with his Lean Gains protocol.

Everything you're saying is likely true. People associate Leangains with IF, it was touted as much for years, they are effectively synonymous, and he's back tracked on that...sort of.

I'm not defending him, his book, or saying it's a bad or good book.
Lean Gains = Intermittent Fasting.

Yea haha, in his book is a separate chapter but whether or not Berkham admits it LG was all about IF.

I found out about LG back in 2014 and on his original http://leangains.blogspot.com/ site all he talks about is IF. You can't promote LG as IF for years and all of sudden go back on your word after people have spent thousands of dollars supporting you for it.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.