BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-13-2011, 10:43 PM

Default ud 2.0. workout question/ diet question

so monday and tuesday i workout with weights doing the same except tuesday the chest press is subbed out for the incline bench and the row is subbed out for the pulldown. I do each set and each rep for each workout then once im through do it over.
Wednesday i dont workout maybe cardio if i feel like it.
Thursday AM cardio
Thursday PM: ill follow the workout in the book
Friday: rest
saturday: workout in the book
sunday: rest

My question is can i have candy as my post workout carb because thats sugar witch is glucose if im not mistaken i dont have any carb powder i do have whey. Are oats an acceptable carb source in the load the fat in them can add up fast.
If anyone could give me a couple examples of good carb choices to have in the carb load id appreciate it. I plan on starting the diet 2 weeks from now as i am eating at maintenance starting monday so i wanna get eveything together thankyou.
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomassj View Post
My question is can i have candy as my post workout carb because thats sugar witch is glucose if im not mistaken i dont have any carb powder i do have whey.
Sugar (in that context) is sucrose, the book talks about it.
"carb powder" is irrelevant if you don't care about the speed at which you are replenishing - you have so much time, just eat carbs and don't worry about fast/slow (noting that if you do things like whole wheat and/or higher fiber, it will likely be physically uncomfortable)

Quote:
Are oats an acceptable carb source in the load the fat in them can add up fast.
You are coming at it from the wrong direction.
Don't look at it, see it as food, and think "is this acceptable" - look at the macros the book states, and then go out and get those macros.
If you can have X grams of fat, it means you can have X grams of fat.
It doesn't say "X grams of fat, unless they are from oats, because those are awesome"

Quote:
If anyone could give me a couple examples of good carb choices to have in the carb load id appreciate it.
In the book and all over the forum, it is noted what you can have, and what people tend to do.
Most common and what is in the book: pasta, bagels, and milk (and I think Lyle mentions sherbet)

It is very easy to work out:
1) look at the macros
2) look up foods you are asking about to see what macros they have
3) eat until you meet those macros

The reason foods are mentioned is that they make the process easier, but it isn't like "oh, you didn't have beets, well in that case it was all a wasted effort"
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. So I font have to worry about what kind of carb or fat source it is so I can get white pasta or w.e. And ill be okay. Also I can't afford mcts so ill use different fat sources. Did I have the workout right though?
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to JennLifts

coconut oil is cheap, it's mentioned in the book as a good fat source to use.
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Err, yeah, did you actually read the book?
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:09 PM

Me or him...?
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Err, yeah, did you actually read the book?
It seems im not understanding the book fully and ill have to re-read.
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Took me a couple tries too, don't feel bad. Info dense, hard to pick it all up at once!
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLifts View Post
Took me a couple tries too, don't feel bad. Info dense, hard to pick it all up at once!
Im on page 9 right now...ill have to come back when im done either much later tonight or tomorrow and re-establish my question.
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM

Alright guys...I revised my question i just finished the book. Okay so i decided im going 4 days low carb/low calorie. Saturday AM will be the high intensity workout and Sunday PM will be the power workout Monday wll be the off day then ill repeat. Cardio on every off day for atleast 4 miles. Plus i walk to the gym. Calories on low calorie low carb days 1300-1400 protein roughly 170 grams, carbs roughly 60 grams fats roughly 40 grams. Carb up after saturday morning Carbs 1150, protein 170, fats below 50 grams. Sunday Calories 170 grams of protein, roughly 300-400carbs rest fats 15%below maintenance. Monday 170 grams of protein 150 grams of carbs all eaten before night time cardio rest fats 25% below maintenance.
Question:
1. Is it more beneficial to start the carb up at night and have a full carb up day so i can have 24 hours between the High intensity workout and the power workout?
2. How do you guys keep fats low and do you even consume any other protein then that coming from the carbs? Also do you count the post workout sugar into the 100 grams of sucrose or not? Im going to use lowfat poptarts or a sugary candy because i dont have any dextrose powder or maybe ill use gatorade?
Thanks for everyones help in advanced =]