BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomassj View Post
so im going to go shopping tomorrow or thursday for my carb load. The list is whole wheat bagels white and whole wheat pasta skim milk kids cereal cheerios skinny cow icecream sandwitches, sugar free or no sugar added ice cream no fat frozen yogurt. How much "treats" do you guys eat?
This current UD2 I'm doing a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia on Thurs night, and maybe one Sat night depending on how I feel - the second one is definitely questionable.

Note that you are probably going to want to rethink anything whole wheat for the carbload - but perhaps that's one of those things one has to experience.
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM

No need to be so anal.

Follow the guidelines in the book, yes.

After a while, I stopped being so anal about it. It didn't affect me negatively, at all. Going from 15% down to 10%, I was anal about the re-feed... Results attained.

Going from 10% to 6%, not anal about the re-feed... Same results attained. Along the trip from 10%-6%, I stopped counting re-feed calories, macros, etc. I kept the guidelines in mind. Kept approximations in my head, etc. Definitely had re-feeds that went over suggested carbs, fats, protein. Still, I achieved my goals. 6% without any LBM loss.

Now, of course, I am not suggesting not to follow the book. But, I am also suggesting to see what you can do/get away with, how far you can push it (once you are comfortable with that idea). And, of course, don't experiment and get absolutely absurd with the re-feed. Always keep the books suggestions in mind.

Lastly, I suggest you enjoy your family BBQ. I spent a lot of time not enjoying life, friends, family because of dieting. Enjoy life, enjoy the BBQ. You never know how many more chances you'll get to do so. (Just a suggestion).
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
This current UD2 I'm doing a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia on Thurs night, and maybe one Sat night depending on how I feel - the second one is definitely questionable.

Note that you are probably going to want to rethink anything whole wheat for the carbload - but perhaps that's one of those things one has to experience.
I was thinking about throwing a pint of brownie batter fro yo in for good measure =P.
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicwaste View Post
No need to be so anal.

Follow the guidelines in the book, yes.

After a while, I stopped being so anal about it. It didn't affect me negatively, at all. Going from 15% down to 10%, I was anal about the re-feed... Results attained.

Going from 10% to 6%, not anal about the re-feed... Same results attained. Along the trip from 10%-6%, I stopped counting re-feed calories, macros, etc. I kept the guidelines in mind. Kept approximations in my head, etc. Definitely had re-feeds that went over suggested carbs, fats, protein. Still, I achieved my goals. 6% without any LBM loss.

Now, of course, I am not suggesting not to follow the book. But, I am also suggesting to see what you can do/get away with, how far you can push it (once you are comfortable with that idea). And, of course, don't experiment and get absolutely absurd with the re-feed. Always keep the books suggestions in mind.

Lastly, I suggest you enjoy your family BBQ. I spent a lot of time not enjoying life, friends, family because of dieting. Enjoy life, enjoy the BBQ. You never know how many more chances you'll get to do so. (Just a suggestion).
Thanks for the advice. Ill deffinetly keep that in mind. I did my first depletion workout this morning...it wasnt as bad as i expected mainly becasue for the past few weeks ive been doing an upper/lower split with high volume and ive completed insanity/p90x still pretty hard though definetly felt a small urge to throw up but luckly i didnt eat anything before it.
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomassj View Post
Thanks for the advice. Ill deffinetly keep that in mind. I did my first depletion workout this morning...it wasnt as bad as i expected mainly becasue for the past few weeks ive been doing an upper/lower split with high volume and ive completed insanity/p90x still pretty hard though definetly felt a small urge to throw up but luckly i didnt eat anything before it.
I always throw up after/during at least one depletion or tension workout every week.
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicwaste View Post
I always throw up after/during at least one depletion or tension workout every week.
Sure, but are there any downsides to the diet?
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Sure, but are there any downsides to the diet?
Haha. I do have to eat a ton of carbs on the re-feed, gets kinda old.
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:56 PM

i dont know if i worked out hard enough on the depletion workout =[ i think i did. I also think im being really anal about this whole thing
Unread 08-16-2011, 03:09 PM

I wouldn't use "I didn't throw up, therefore didn't work hard enough" as an indicator as to quality if the workout, but agreed - I wish the body had a heads up display or one of those pop-up thermometer things that they put on turkeys - but for us it would be when sufficiently depleted.

As for the throwing up, certain ordering/pacing of the workout can exacerbate the issue (legs first and less rest between machines, are the two big ones in my experience - I still prefer to keep the rest as low as possible for myself, but I always push legs until the end) and it also seems to come down to a genetic predisposition to it or something.
I can remember that from track workouts in college too - some guys would be throwing up after/during intervals, others not so much - no real pattern that I recall (wasn't a fitness thing, speed, or quality).

I am usually pushing the "be less anal" aspect of it, but for myself am being slightly more so in that I think personally I'm going to need more (any) cardio this round of it than I used in the past. A lot more.

I'm powerfully sedentary.
Unread 08-16-2011, 03:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to JennLifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMichelIV View Post
I find that to hit the macros I can really only have 1, maybe 2 tops, servings of a treat. Usually ends up being an ice cream sammich or a little fro yo or something like that.
Same here. I think the only thing I could fit in... was 1 poptart. Not like ....two, like in the pack. 1! I'm making my rice interesting by adding seasoning etc, and making it risotto. Figured white rice didn't sound really enticing. My sugar total is 123.