BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-02-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v View Post
Hi all, quick update. Since my last post here I manged another strict week of UD2.0 before finally breaking form on Monday two days ago (massive junk carb binge in the morning) as well as quitting depletion mid-way during Tuesday yesterday, and binging on more carbs/junk.

So it's wednesday today and I performed an upper body depletion in an effort to start burning off the glycogen and my plan is to just eat maintenence until next Monday so I can re-start.

I seem to only be able to manage 2/3 cycles of UD2.0 before I snap!

As for progress, I'm very happy with my current physique and very surprised the last two days of carb binging don't seem to of effected my negatively?!
p.s I've swapped back-squats for front squats in both depletion/tension and power. They hit my quads better and seriously hammer my core, too. Abs have popped out more since front squatting!

looking good, get rid of that hair so you can see the real results!
Unread 04-02-2014, 11:14 AM

3 cycles or so of UD2 also tend to make me want to binge. That is probably a sign that I need to take a break, or at least adopt a more flexible approach. Before, with the more flexible approach (with at least 3500 calorie deficit per week) I could go about 5-6 cycles before really wanting to binge/think about food all the time.

While the diet does certainly work, it does have its limitations.
Unread 05-17-2014, 01:52 AM

Hi guys I've just returned from the two week vacation and here's the results.

Here's a photo of me on the first day. By this time I had finished UD2.0 two weeks ago and had just simply been on a Protein Sparing Modified Fast with normal heavy workouts for the two weeks leading up to the vacation. As you can see I'm nicely cut, but very low muscle mass. I'm 147lb here.

Fast-forward to the last day of vacation and I have managed to keep my abs just as visible as the start of vacation, and look fuller overall. I would like to share how I achieved this while freely eating!

First and foremost the hotel, to my surprise had a small gym that was free to use, albeit a very small gym that had a treadmill, a bike, and a multi-functional cable machine that had a lat pull-down, an adjustable pully, and a cable rower. Not a single freeweight whatsoever. I knew I had to get creative.

Firstly diet.

The hotel fed breakfast and dinner as buffet-style where you could eat all you wanted. I was determined to, at a bear minimum, ensure I was hitting my protein macro every day, but still eat whatever I wanted to at the same time, whilst maintaining my leanness.

So for breakfast I would simply not eat anything whatsoever and just drink the free coffee. Once breakfast was over I'd head to the gym and do a 5 minute "sprint" on full incline on the treadmill then perform full body workouts on the limited equipment available.

For squats I would adjust the pully to the bottom position, then curl the cable up to my chest, then perform goblet-style squats which were in fact hitting my quads better than any barbell squat ever has.

For chest it was dips using the handle bars of the treadmill, then explosive pushups, then single arm cable crossovers.

For shoulders all I could do were upside-down pushups using a chair to support my legs. These hit the shoulders like nothing else can! Then I'd superset was single arm cable lat raises.

After my workout I'd enjoy the day as you would on vacation, without eating anything, so basically I'm fasting all day long besides maybe the odd espresso or a small bit of my partners ice cream or sip of her cocktail.

Come 7pm dinner time I'd first pile-on the lean protein which was varied from day to day between roast chicken breast to roast beef or pork, and grilled white fish. I'd avoid the carb-coated fried crap, maybe having a bite now and then only.

Once I had eaten all my protein and hit my daily 150g target I'd then go for a huge salad, then go for either a plate of clean carbs such as roast potatoes or rice, or go straight to desert which was a mix of cakes and dairy deserts and have as much as I wanted without any holding-back.

I avoided fruit for the most part.

I did this for all 15 days and gained only 3lbs in bodyweight! I havn't worked-out yet so I'm eager to find out what my strength is like now. Will update soon