BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-11-2019, 07:35 PM

Default Beginner"skinnyfat" start over Journal/Log

Im going to use this as a log for accountability for beginner training/diet.

Im what I would consider skinny fat. I am 17 % - 19% bf based on my electronic scale. 165 pounds.

I have been up and down for with working out. Over the last year or so and, I've been off and on with really low weights machine and body weight exercises.

At one point the realization of what is possible naturally and whats real in the youtube world of fitness kind of through me off serious training for years. Which kind of came a head about a month ago where I just quit lifting all together.

But anyway I came back to this site after years and after reading over some old articles. Now, I want to give it one more shot to build a body I can feel comfortable with and be the best version of me I can be.

My initial approach will be the beginning weight training program listed here:https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle...g-part-4.html/ with some slight variations based on the equipment I have available at home.

As far as nutrition I plan on monitoring my calories to see what my baseline it and then adjust from there. I know bulking is out of the question but I'm very concerned about losing any more weight. I know its superficial but being 165 (5"10)is already uncomfortable enough as is so, I doubt I will be able to do any thing as far as cutting unless its at a very slow rate.

One of the things I feel will help me this time is putting my ego aside and understanding that I am a beginner because of lack of effective an consistent training. Understanding that skipping the steps does you no good in the long term.

I have already gone through two workouts this week, and was surprised how even at very light weight how detrained I am. But it gave me hope that starting at the right place.

Last edited by need2train13 : 08-11-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 08-21-2019, 10:32 PM

Default Week 1

Was able to get all my workouts in. I had to substitute hack squats for regular squats, and cable pulldowns for pull ups.

I like the workout so far and again surprised about my lack of overall strength but on the positive aide I have a lot of room to grow. I will edit this post and add more stats later.