BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-30-2009, 09:51 AM

End of Maintenance

That's it. Three weeks of maintenance.

Power workout went surprisingly well. Shoulder/back issue is still there, but it didn't really slow me down too much. I figure with a rest day tmrw, then a lower day Sunday followed by an upper depletion type workout I should be fine by mid to late next week to lift balls out heavy.

And for that reason, maintenance is done and I'm going to head to a controlled bulking and cutting situation. I'm basically going to use Lyle's full bag of tricks to add lean mass and cut back as necessary with the goal of getting both bigger and leaner by May 31, 2010. We're talking about a bulking program that leans on UD2 Mass but will also use Lyle's generic bulk when I'm either sick of UD2 Mass or the schedule just doesn't work. And then, I'll use either UD2 or RFL to cut back the fat a little.

We're talking about small spurts of bulk followed by even smaller spurts of cut.

I'm going to wrap up this log either later today or tmrw and start a new one.

It's time to shift gears my friends.

Wrap up on UD2 experience coming.

KY
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:39 PM

UD2 Complete -- Recap

This journey is complete.

First, I want to thank all those who provided support and helpful comments over the last few months. You know who you are.

Here's the final tally on UD2:
  • Timeframe: April 19, 2009 - Oct 10, 2009; 21 weeks with three maintenance breaks of 7, 7, and 9 days in between.
  • Starting Weight: 209 lbs
  • Ending Weight (Depletion low): 174.5 lbs.
  • Total Fat Loss: 34.5 lbs. (Probably some acceptable muscle loss in there, but I have no idea really).
  • Bodyfat %: Was measured at 11.2% at the end.
  • Measurements: Didn't take any, but I went from a size 36' waist in jeans to 32' waist.
  • Strength: Stable from prior to UD2 outside of flat bench. Increases seen across all legs.
Some key takeaways:
  1. UD2 flat out works. If you follow directions and do what you're told, you'll get results. Even if you screw a few things up, over the long haul, this will work.
  2. UD2 has changed my life. I forever will workout and eat differently. Prior to UD2, I worked out 5-6 times per week. The result? 209 lbs and a lot more bodyfat. Post UD2, I'm going to be working out smarter and feeding not only my workouts but everyday activities more intelligently.
  3. UD2 is a bitch. It takes discipline, a flexible schedule, supportive followers, and supportive family. That said, the payoff is worth the work.
  4. You'll find how you behave on no carbs/high carbs quickly. I clearly can operate on zero carbs. Good to know if I choose to leverage RFL. On the flip side, my tummy cannot take carbloads too well. Bummer. For me, the hardest part of UD2 is the carbload, NOT the depletion workouts.
  5. One of the reasons UD2 is so attractive to me at age 41 is the mix of workouts, weights, and rep ranges. I just can't lift heavy all the time. I was able to finish 21 weeks of UD2 without a serious physical breakdown. Oddly enough, I probably suffered my worst "tweak" on maintenance AFTER UD2 when I was doing nothing but lift heavy.
  6. I can't recommend UD2 enough.
That's a wrap folks.

Be on the lookout for my new bulking (and cutting log) that will take me through to next summer. Featured stars over the next few months will include UD2 Mass, Lyle's Generic Bulk, UD2, and RFL (and me of course).

Hope this log has been of value to folks and sometimes mildly entertaining.

See you in the new log.

Log closed.

KY
Unread 10-30-2009, 01:42 PM

Congrats! You're a UD2 machine - very dedicated, consistent, and driven. You really earned those results.
Unread 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM

I say we keep this sucker going until we hit 1000 posts.
Unread 10-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Good luck with the new log. I'll definitely keep track of it there too. That's a huge loss in the waist size...
Unread 10-30-2009, 03:05 PM

That's awesome! Congratulations! I'm toying with the idea of starting UD2. I've been following your log.

I need to finish the book first and see what I think.
Unread 10-31-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radaar View Post
I say we keep this sucker going until we hit 1000 posts.
Thanks for the kind words as usual.

Hitting 1000 posts would mean I'm still in fat loss mode. That would make me trully insane.

Let the bulking begin!

And it starts today with lots of snickers bars and spiked apple cider.

New log will be started today.

KY