Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM

Default 3 Week Dnp Log

Starting weight:
179 lbs

Goal:
168 lbs

DNP Dosage Plan: I'm gonna shoot for a 25-day cycle.

200 mg for days 1-10
300 mg for days 11-25

This is the plan but I do not know how my body will react to the DNP so i will of course have to observe my body temperature and side effects and adjust my dosage accordingly.

Supplements:
- DNP Crystal 100mg tabs (source claims the tabs also have a added blend of Taurine, Sulbutiamine,TMG and L-Carnitine but who knows....)
- Opti-Men Multivitamins 3 ED
- Omega-3 Fish Oil - NutriGold Triple Strength 2 ED

Other Unrelated Supplements/Medication:
- Creatine 5-10 mg ED
- Glycopyrrolate 4 mg ED
- Raw Maca 3,000 Mg ED

Diet:
High Protein, Moderate to High Carb, Low to Moderate Fat. Under 2k calories a day.

Training:
Heavy Weightraining 3-5 times a week. May add in some light cardio on days I feel like it.
Unread 03-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Day 1
Nothing much to report yet and no sides yet but I'm not expecting any sides until around day 4-7 since the DNP has to build up in your system first. I forgot to mention in my first post I'm taking EC stack and im taking the E everyday but I take the C very sparingly and only as needed . Today I only took the E, 25 mg of bronkaid.

I was very gassy towards the end of the day but I'm gonna attribute that to the extremely satiating protein fluff that I Made for the first time today , I couldn't even finish half of it and it was only 400 calories in the whole thing . I also only ate around 1500 calories today , I may consider keeping my calories around there so that I don't have to worry about needing to do cardio.

I have a feeling that casein protein fluff is going to make lowering my calories however much I want very easy and doable even though I usually have a insane appetite , but I will see how effective it is in consistenly knocking out any hunger pangs or cravings .
Unread 03-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Cool log but wrong section man: http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Unread 03-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebkallday View Post
Day 1
Nothing much to report yet and no sides yet but I'm not expecting any sides until around day 4-7 since the DNP has to build up in your system first. I forgot to mention in my first post I'm taking EC stack and im taking the E everyday but I take the C very sparingly and only as needed . Today I only took the E, 25 mg of bronkaid.

I was very gassy towards the end of the day but I'm gonna attribute that to the extremely satiating protein fluff that I Made for the first time today , I couldn't even finish half of it and it was only 400 calories in the whole thing . I also only ate around 1500 calories today , I may consider keeping my calories around there so that I don't have to worry about needing to do cardio.

I have a feeling that casein protein fluff is going to make lowering my calories however much I want very easy and doable even though I usually have a insane appetite , but I will see how effective it is in consistenly knocking out any hunger pangs or cravings .
Actually I'd attribute the gas to dnp, my first cycle of DNP came with some awful GI effects...but it settled down about 4-5 days in.
Unread 03-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleRB View Post
Actually I'd attribute the gas to dnp, my first cycle of DNP came with some awful GI effects...but it settled down about 4-5 days in.
Oh ok yeah your probably right then it seems to have settled down alot already on Day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
Oops lol maybe Lyle will move it over there if its really a issue .
Unread 03-09-2015, 01:39 PM

Day 2

No increased heat I felt normal and my thermometer says I fluctuated between 95.8 in the morning and 98.5 in the evening . But the lethargy hit me hard today , I had absolutely no energy all day. I woke up feeling pretty normal and decided to skip taking a caffeine pill and hit the gym without it because I figured I didn't need it. I was wrong. I literally had the worst workout ever , I seriously can't remember the last time I felt so tired and unenthusiastic at the gym.

Usually when I workout early in the morning I may come in still groggy and half awake but once I start lifting my adrenaline starts pumping and I gain momentum. But not today , today It was like I got weaker and weaker and sleepier with every rep. I ended up doing around half my usual volume and walked out feeling like you know what. Absolutely did not even consider cardio at all , it just wasn't an option.

I went home to eat and take a nap to try and see if it would help me the lethargy , it didn't. Ate around 1800 calories today, I'm finding it hard to hit the high protein numbers I would like so I'm considering adding some BCAA's for some extra insurance. Gas and stomach issues settled down settled down considerably since Day 1 not nearly as much of a problem today, but still somewhat apparent.

I did take some Benadryl the night before to help me fall asleep so it's possible that was the cause of my fatigue today but its hard to say. I will discontinue its use for now and compare my energy levels , hopefully they improve . No increased heat or night sweats or anything though, but i did just wake up weighing 175.6 this morning (Day 3 morning) which is great, although I'm almost sure it was most likely water weight .
Unread 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Cool log, following thread. Btw, you might want to get used to taking caffeine in appropriate doses with your ephedrine if you want to survive on DNP (based on what I've read anyway...), perhaps add l-tyrosine as well. I work out in the mornings too and benadryl does leave me feeling drowsy upon waking, especially when I get less-than-optimal amounts of sleep; 25mg E/200mg C counteracts this well enough.
Unread 03-16-2015, 09:19 PM

Every one of these days my calories have been between 1300 and 2000 with the exception of the Day 7 3500 calorie refeed.

Day 3
3/9

Felt like I had a couple mini heat flashes, body temp was in normal range though never went over 98.5 according to my thermometer so maybe just placebo. Ate around 1800 calories. Still felt pretty lethargic, Probably going to need caffeine at least every workout day. Felt a little warmer today though. Also felt warmer during night but again possibly placebo since body temperature is in normal range. May start taking DNP later in the day before bed to see if that helps minimize the lethargy during day, I don't think it will though.

Day 4
3/10
Weight Update:174.2

Woke up with a headache, took some caffeine 200 mg and I had a great workout. Was feeling a little warmer today, but nothing significant. Sleep was fine, no night sweats or anything. Sides are minimal so far just some minor headaches and low energy. Found out my sperm was not yellow which was disappointing since I am skeptical of my products authenticity but whatever, I'm hoping it's just a mix of confirmation bias and impatience causing my doubt. Since sweating and heat have been minimal I'm going to up the dosage and see what happens.

Day 5
3/11

Woke up feeling pretty much the same as the past few days. Upped my dosage to 300 mg of DNP.

Day 6
3/12
Weight update: 173.8

Sides have actually gotten better. Nothing new to report really. Took 300 mg today. Probably going to bump up the dosage again. 90 degrees today in Cali but I was outside hanging out with friends all day and I was fine, somewhat sweaty today but no more sweatier than I usually would be in this type of weather. Either my DNP is bunk, under dosed, I have a high tolerance, or I just respond to it very differently than most others and it doesn't make me sweat . Nice short workout today, I was still pretty tired even with Ec stack.

Day 7
3/13
Weight update: 172.6

No change in sides. Bumping up to 400 mg today. Had a 3500 calorie refeed. Again, not sure if it was the DNP or the weather but I definitely felt very hot after my refeed. It's really hard to distinguish between placebo and the real thing due to the recent temperature increase in California as spring approaches.

Day 8.
3/14
Weight update: 176.4

Took 400 mg. I had Diarrhea and a very upset stomach. Felt a lot hotter too but temperature was in normal range and sweating was normal. Took Ec stack, workouts are getting worse and worse every day, sadly my refeed and EC Stack did not help increase my energy a whole lot. Somewhat sweatier than normal today. Only ate 1300 calories

Day 9
3/15
Weight update:171.8

The past few days that I have been taking the EC stack I have only been taking 25 mg of bronkaid and 200 mg of caffeine but today I doubled my dosage because after taking the first dosage it did absolutely nothing for my energy and I literally did not feel like moving at all. Took 400 mg of DNP today. Ate 1500 calories did light cardio and ran a lot of errands. 90 degrees outside and I hardly broke a sweat, just extremely tired.

Day 10
3/16
Weight update: 173.6 .

Took EC stack twice again. Nevertheless, I was so tired I drove to the gym but immediately turned my car around in the parking lot and came back home because I felt so weak I couldn't bring myself to step in the gym and even attempt to work out. No gas or stomach problems today. Feels like I'm getting a sore throat and I'm coughing now , probably from sleeping with the fan directly on me the past few nights. Hunger has not been much of a issue at all the past few days, the EC Stack has been really great for that , but it hasn't been very effective at increasing my energy like it usually does .
Unread 03-16-2015, 10:07 PM

All in all so far I can't say I have any concrete evidence the DNP is working for me at a moderate dosage of 400 mg. Most of the side effects I have been experiencing could very possibly be placebo or simply caused by factors other than DNP. Let me elaborate on that..

Weight loss: From 179 to 173 lbs , so I lost 6 lbs in 10 days so far. That's pretty good I guess but some of that is most likely water weight because before I started the DNP cycle I was coming off a 2 week diet break gone wrong and I had several really big cheat days during those 2 weeks. Also, I have been eating pretty low calories during this DNP cycle so the weight loss could be caused by my diet alone

Sweating: Has not been a big deal and the days where it was noticeable it was moderate at the most, but it has been around 90 degrees on most of those days so what do you expect.

Urine color: Has been a very bright yellow every day but that might be explained by the multivitamins I'm taking.

Lethargy: Has been extremely significant and definitely the most noticeable side effect but could be caused by my diet alone since I'm consuming pretty low calories for someone my size.

Gas and stomach pain: Has not been much of a problem lately and could have been caused by the extremely voluminous protein fluff I have recently begun eating.

My physical appearance in the mirror : I will admit I seem to look leaner and leaner every day and I have noticed my abs popping out and I honestly feel I am the leanest I have ever been in my life. But this could be explained by my diet alone and or placebo.

Hopefully I just have a high tolerance to DNP and my DNP tablets aren't fake , and although I'm tempted to keep increasing the dosage I'm afraid that If I do I will find a dosage where I am truly sweating as much as I think I should be and I kind of don't want to risk that with these extremely high temperatures in California right now. But if my DNP is truly bunk or underdosed it may actually just be a blessing in disguise considering how hot it has gotten in California recently.

Last edited by Ebkallday : 03-16-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Unread 03-17-2015, 10:27 AM

Thanks for updating this. Have you read the DNP thread/summary .pdf? DNP apparently causes water retention, as does dieting. 5-10 mg of creatine every day would probably add to this. Surely these are factors to consider, as is the quality of your source. DNP is something I would want to encapsulate myself to avoid measurement inaccuracies. That aside, I'm confused why you think it "isn't working" and then say things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebkallday View Post
Lethargy: Has been extremely significant and definitely the most noticeable side effect but could be caused by my diet alone since I'm consuming pretty low calories for someone my size.

My physical appearance in the mirror : I will admit I seem to look leaner and leaner every day and I have noticed my abs popping out and I honestly feel I am the leanest I have ever been in my life. But this could be explained by my diet alone and or placebo.
which are pretty much pointing to that it is working. How much of a deficit is 2k calories for you?