BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM

I had an ifbb pro tell me to stop drinking sugar free rockstars because of the chemicals. Her husband was there and i asked him "is tren not a chemical"?
Unread 01-10-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
I had an ifbb pro tell me to stop drinking sugar free rockstars because of the chemicals. Her husband was there and i asked him "is tren not a chemical"?
If it's not organic and gluten-free, it's probably a chemical
Unread 01-13-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Fina vs Duta

Hey guys, I'm 41 and I've been on 1.25mg finasteride for at least 10 years(the reason it's 1.25 is cuz I can't cut the pill in fifths). I've been taking before I started working out so it's hard for me to comment on water retention or any other sides.
I have a pretty full head of hair with some very slight receding by the hair line corners. I can't say that ever grew new hair or that it even stopped my hair from falling out as I wouldn't really know if it was working, it was more of me being proactive and preventing any loss that might occur(which I think that's all its meant for).

I heard duta was stronger when I first started fina but didn't really feel the need for it. But after some of you mentioning it here, I read that it actually works for regrowing hair which is awesome but I'm really curious if the side effects are really that much less. Maybe I am having water retention from the fina or maybe fina is to blame for my ravenous appetite. Are the side effects that much less with duta and would you recommend me making the switch or should I just leave well enough alone?
Unread 01-14-2018, 06:01 PM

Canít comment on duta as Iíve never used it before nor done any research but what I can say with fina is that it definitely works. My hair was thinning and I feared the worse. After 3 months using its turned thick to a point where itís been itís thickest ever. Itís not all good news though as the water retention is very real. My skin has suffered and like you for some reason my appetite has jacked to a point where Iím waking up in the middle of the night to snack. Itís 100% and Estrogen issue
Unread 01-15-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredordie View Post
Canít comment on duta as Iíve never used it before nor done any research but what I can say with fina is that it definitely works. My hair was thinning and I feared the worse. After 3 months using its turned thick to a point where itís been itís thickest ever. Itís not all good news though as the water retention is very real. My skin has suffered and like you for some reason my appetite has jacked to a point where Iím waking up in the middle of the night to snack. Itís 100% and Estrogen issue
I can't say for sure if the fina is causing me water retention as I have been taking it a lot longer than I've been training and dieting so no basis of comparison really. And I never had my ravenous appetite before dieting when I was on the fina so in hindsight I doubt the fina is to blame there...probably a lot more to do from creating too big of a deficit I'm sure.
Unread 01-17-2018, 08:59 PM

duta really turned my hair around. It sounds like BS but I now have more hair than I had in my early 20s, and I'm reaching mid 30s soon.

it's thicker and stronger than ever.

even if duta made you more watery, all the leanness in the world isn't worth hair loss.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 01-18-2018, 08:44 AM

Since stopping finasteride two weeks ago Iíve noticed that my skins improved and one thing thatís just hit me now is my beard is much fuller/thicker, where as whilst on fina.. it would be very very patchy and be weaker in certain areas. Whatís this down too?
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:33 AM

sounds like you ate less carbs and stopped shaving

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 02-01-2018, 05:02 AM

Getting off of Finasteride after ~ 8 years last year definitely improved my life big time. Libido, clarity of thinking, body composition, feeling of well-being... you name it.

I suppose it's mostly the estrogen / testosterone ratio. People with a high base-line of test and a low base-line of estrogen might have no bad side effects whatsoever from taking that stuff.