BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Unread 04-15-2018, 04:56 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Update
On week 5 of my bulk
Nutrition: 3000 calories since 1 week (increase of 100 calories because I want to be sure I’m gaining enough weight to maximise muscle growth)
Protein: 2.6 to 3.3 gr per kg
Fat: 15-20%
Carbs: make up the rest

My weigh: between 58.4 to 59.3kg on average this last week, i’m 0.5kg heavier than before the bulk accprding to my application happy scale

Trainning: all my performance have increased from week 3 to now (except incline curl and machine row)

This morning: http://www.noelshack.com/2018-15-7-1...99a4ae24a.jpeg
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-15-7-1...183a1ab887.png
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 04-15-2018, 08:13 AM
alaloum alaloum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
Nutrition: 3000 (increase of100 calories because I want to be sure I’m gaining enough weight to maximise muscle growth)
How did you come up with that?
__________________
"I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that"

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:30 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
How did you come up with that?
To MAXIMISE muscle growth we need to gain weight
At 2900 daily calories my weight did not really increase
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:56 AM
alaloum alaloum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
To MAXIMISE muscle growth we need to gain weight
At 2900 daily calories my weight did not really increase

That's not maximizing muscle growth though. Too small of an increase. What you are doing is MINIMIZING/eliminating fat gain. 0.5kg/1 pound increase after 5 weeks is not a bulk, not even a lean bulk.

Read

https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle...gains-qa.html/

Or if you're happy with what you're doing keep at it.
__________________
"I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that"

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:50 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
That's not maximizing muscle growth though. Too small of an increase. What you are doing is MINIMIZING/eliminating fat gain. 0.5kg/1 pound increase after 5 weeks is not a bulk, not even a lean bulk.

Read

https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle...gains-qa.html/

Or if you're happy with what you're doing keep at it.
I thought I was going to gain more weight! so I'm making adjustments, I thought increasing by 100 calories was the right thing to do (Helms recommends 100-150 extra calories for intermediates)
I have to learn about bulk anyway lol
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 04-15-2018, 12:33 PM
alaloum alaloum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
I thought I was going to gain more weight! so I'm making adjustments, I thought increasing by 100 calories was the right thing to do (Helms recommends 100-150 extra calories for intermediates)
I have to learn about bulk anyway lol
Yeah, let me give you an example. I'm a female, 160cm tall and weigh 48kg. I'd consider myself lucky if my body fat is ~18% (relatively lean) and my maintenance calories are 1700. Even with low-moderate(10-20%) increase in calories for bulking I get to eat 170-340 more than maintenance. And you're a male, taller, more muscular and incredibly lean. You need much more than 100 and you still don't need to worry about fat gain (don't go crazy, though I doubt you will lol). You will see much better progress
__________________
"I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that"

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 04-15-2018, 12:49 PM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Yeah, let me give you an example. I'm a female, 160cm tall and weigh 48kg. I'd consider myself lucky if my body fat is ~18% (relatively lean) and my maintenance calories are 1700. Even with low-moderate(10-20%) increase in calories for bulking I get to eat 170-340 more than maintenance. And you're a male, taller, more muscular and incredibly lean. You need much more than 100 and you still don't need to worry about fat gain (don't go crazy, though I doubt you will lol). You will see much better progress
thanks for your advice
it may sound weird but what interests me the most in all this is testing stuff, gaining experience
this week 5 is deload so I stick to these 3000 calories for this week
I will increase them for my next mesocycle next week
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 04-16-2018, 01:10 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
(increase of 100 calories because I want to be sure I’m gaining enough weight to maximise muscle growth)
Be careful, you might get fat.
__________________
"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 04-16-2018, 06:13 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Be careful, you might get fat.
Stop with that lol
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.