BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-27-2018, 10:09 PM

Default Question on Tolerance (Caffeine, Ephedrine, Aspirin)

Hi,

I am a cat 1, 5'8" weight trainer. I have about 10 days left before I get some pictures done and am trying to squeeze out some more tightness. I have never used Ephedrine before.

I started an Ephedrine half dose with my first cup of coffee today and a baby asprin. I felt great, actually felt alive but not over the top.

I have a question on how tolerance works and whether there is diminished ergogenic and cognitive effects that comes with such tolerance.

Today I felt like I had laser like focus. I was wondering if I could ever use this combo to replicate my awareness down the road if a project or event needed it. I plan on ceasing ephedrine and daily baby aspirin at the end of the 10 days.

I drink about between 1.5 to 2, max 3 k-cup coffees a day. Each kcup is supposedly 100-140 mg of caffeine. I have gone cold turkey before and got better within 3-5 days. I am shy of going for the full 200 mg caffeine per dose because I don't want to become tolerant.

tl;dr I would like to know about how long it takes to become tolerant to ephedrine, a baby aspirin, caffeine, and how long it takes to sensitize back.

Ty
Unread 03-28-2018, 12:45 PM

For me it takes about 3 days to get tolerant to it, but I sure don't get any cognitive benefits. I don't think anyone drug does that, it's "all in your head".

When they have people perform memory and reaction time tests before and after (insert drug here), they're always worse, even on adderal.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 03-28-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
For me it takes about 3 days to get tolerant to it, but I sure don't get any cognitive benefits. I don't think anyone drug does that, it's "all in your head".

When they have people perform memory and reaction time tests before and after (insert drug here), they're always worse, even on adderal.

Thanks for reading and responding! I appreciate you mentioning that it takes you 3 days. I am surprised you did not notice any cognitive benefits. I am wondering if you were already and more tolerant / desensitized than you think?

I do believe in a placebo effect, however I disagree about the absence of cognitive benefits. Psychoactive drugs like caffeine and other stimulants increase arousal and alertness. These literally affect your brain.
Unread 04-24-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Thanks for reading and responding! I appreciate you mentioning that it takes you 3 days. I am surprised you did not notice any cognitive benefits. I am wondering if you were already and more tolerant / desensitized than you think?

I do believe in a placebo effect, however I disagree about the absence of cognitive benefits. Psychoactive drugs like caffeine and other stimulants increase arousal and alertness. These literally affect your brain.
There is no proof any drug improves cognitive ability in a normal, functioning, healthy brain.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.