BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-28-2018, 04:15 PM

Default Discrepancy: Book vs. Calculator

So I'm reading through Flexible Dieting. For a category 2 dieter, it says that a full diet break should occur every 6-12 weeks (along with a note that the recommendation is identical to what's found in the RFL book, for anyone who wants to gripe about where I've put this post).

When I spit my information into the RFL calculator, it tells me this:

Quote:
As a category 2 dieter, you should have a full diet break every 2-6 weeks. You are allowed 1 free meal per week and should perform a 5 hour refeed once per week.
Those are two very different recommendations.
Unread 05-28-2018, 07:54 PM

RFL is a lot lower calorie diet than you would have on a flexible diet so that will cause the hormonal and metabolic slowdowns from dieting to occur more quickly. That's why you need more frequent diet breaks.
Unread 05-28-2018, 11:04 PM

GFD is general. And explicitly states that his recommendations, found there, are identical to those found in RFL. I'd cut and paste but searching in Kindle is a chore. I'm not disagreeing with you. It's just that that isn't what the book says.
Unread 05-29-2018, 03:40 PM

Honestly i dont recall 100% if I ever read flexible dieting or not...i probably did but i read RFL and SFS so many times I lost count so I recall things from them a lot better.

IIRC, flexible dieting is a lot more like 500 kcal a day or 1 lb/week...

On RFL you're literally looking to shed 2-3 lbs of fat (perhaps more if you're really heavy) per week... the leptin levels drop more significant and you're at much greater risk of causing long-term damage on RFL. Or at the very best you're just working really hard without achieving a lot of results to show for it after you've dieted so aggressively for that long.

Either way the important thing is that you just take the diet break. The stricter the diet, the quicker it should come. The leaner you are, the quicker it should come.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.