BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-23-2018, 11:25 AM

Default Should I jump into this diet before starting to work out again?

Hello all. I am very eager to get this RFL diet going. I am 155-160lbs 5í4 male. I think Iím between 25% and 30% bodyfat. I used to work out religiously but for about a year I stopped. Iím wondering if it would be better to do a 2-4 week period where I train at maintenance before I start doing RFL. I read the book but Iím not sure if I fall into the category of ďperson who never trainedĒ or ďperson who is currently trainingĒ.

Thank you!
Unread 05-29-2018, 04:48 PM

If you go in Full Blast on the workouts and on RFL you are going to crash & burn.

I would say do one of the following:

1) Jump into RFL and do mild exercise. Say 2x per week weightlifting with very low volume. Workout should be over in ~30 minutes. Then you can walk 30-45 min 2-3x per week. No running.

That's the option to select if you want to immediately look 10 lbs lighter.

2) Start making healthy choices and focus on strength training. If you focus on strength training while eating near maintenance you will gain strength and shed fat. Particularly if you do compound lifts. If you're over 15% bodyfat your body is going to pull you back to this if you're not binging on food. You might not make the FASTEST strength gains imaginable but they will still be significant. Once the strength gains come to a near halt then I'd probably switch to a more aggressive diet like RFL for a few weeks as you're still too fat to even think about "bulking". if you switch to low volume, heavy weight, low reps (2 sets of 5 reps on 3-4 lifts, 2x per week) you will maintain all the strength/muscle you have while you shed the fat.

I would choose this if you're looking to set up a more sustainable path to looking great.

Don't get me wrong. I've used RFL numerous times with great success... I've even posted a thread on here where i did EXTREME RAPID FAT LOSS (look it up it's freaking brutal) . But it takes an incredible amount of dedication. I've also set out to do RFL many times and failed to achieve success despite my best intentions.

That isn't a diet you just set out to do because you think you'll lose weight.

That's a diet you do to prepare for wedding photos, a vacation in two weeks, a girl you want is flying in from LA next week, you made a $1,000 weight loss bet with a friend, etc... What I mean is that is a diet you do when you MUST LOSE WEIGHT. Like you gotta have some serious motivation or you're going to be telling your cornerman "No mas" by Day 4.

It takes 30 days to form a habit. So set out to eat correctly for 30 days and go to the gym daily for 30 days. That will set you up for long term success. You can't really do that on RFL.

If you're bent on doing RFL though, give it a try. Fully commit to it for at least 2 weeks. Some of the best principles of dieting I learned via Rapid Fat Loss. Like I'm not going to die if i don't eat two bowls of cereal a day. I don't have to eat a whole box of pasta post workout. I don't "need" to eat Lance crackers to tide me over at work.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 05-29-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: a
Unread 05-30-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
If you go in Full Blast on the workouts and on RFL you are going to crash & burn.

I would say do one of the following:

1) Jump into RFL and do mild exercise. Say 2x per week weightlifting with very low volume. Workout should be over in ~30 minutes. Then you can walk 30-45 min 2-3x per week. No running.

That's the option to select if you want to immediately look 10 lbs lighter.

2) Start making healthy choices and focus on strength training. If you focus on strength training while eating near maintenance you will gain strength and shed fat. Particularly if you do compound lifts. If you're over 15% bodyfat your body is going to pull you back to this if you're not binging on food. You might not make the FASTEST strength gains imaginable but they will still be significant. Once the strength gains come to a near halt then I'd probably switch to a more aggressive diet like RFL for a few weeks as you're still too fat to even think about "bulking". if you switch to low volume, heavy weight, low reps (2 sets of 5 reps on 3-4 lifts, 2x per week) you will maintain all the strength/muscle you have while you shed the fat.

I would choose this if you're looking to set up a more sustainable path to looking great.

Don't get me wrong. I've used RFL numerous times with great success... I've even posted a thread on here where i did EXTREME RAPID FAT LOSS (look it up it's freaking brutal) . But it takes an incredible amount of dedication. I've also set out to do RFL many times and failed to achieve success despite my best intentions.

That isn't a diet you just set out to do because you think you'll lose weight.

That's a diet you do to prepare for wedding photos, a vacation in two weeks, a girl you want is flying in from LA next week, you made a $1,000 weight loss bet with a friend, etc... What I mean is that is a diet you do when you MUST LOSE WEIGHT. Like you gotta have some serious motivation or you're going to be telling your cornerman "No mas" by Day 4.

It takes 30 days to form a habit. So set out to eat correctly for 30 days and go to the gym daily for 30 days. That will set you up for long term success. You can't really do that on RFL.

If you're bent on doing RFL though, give it a try. Fully commit to it for at least 2 weeks. Some of the best principles of dieting I learned via Rapid Fat Loss. Like I'm not going to die if i don't eat two bowls of cereal a day. I don't have to eat a whole box of pasta post workout. I don't "need" to eat Lance crackers to tide me over at work.

Hey well thank you man! Finally a reply haha.

I am doing 22:2 intermittent fasting and as close to Keto as possible. Iíve been doing this for I think 2.5 weeks now and itís going very well. I am pretty much never hungry and I can barely finish my 2200 cals at the end of the day. I am also working out again. I am on the last day of my first week! My body already has a better shape lol.

I am going to do what you said. Eat at around maintenance while progressing on my lifts and when I stall in a few months I will do RFL. I honestly think that by that time, my body will be so adjusted to eating only once a day and eating basically no carbs that RFL wonít be that hard for me. But we will see.

I just want to get to around 15 BF so I am not fat anymore and I can do a real bulk.
Unread 05-30-2018, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I'll just add that given that your you're young and overweight, you may want to focus on a sustainable diet that let's you develop long term eating habits/skills. Something in the way of a regular four meal diet at maybe a 250 calorie deficit and high protein. You'll knock off about half a pound a week while learning to measure and control your caloric intake.

Last edited by fyodor : 05-30-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 06-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Yeah, I'll just add that given that your you're young and overweight, you may want to focus on a sustainable diet that let's you develop long term eating habits/skills. Something in the way of a regular four meal diet at maybe a 250 calorie deficit and high protein. You'll knock off about half a pound a week while learning to measure and control your caloric intake.
I have to disagree. If he's doing well on the 22:2 IF diet then why on earth would you want to stop? He's going to make massive improvements and if you can build a lifestyle around IF dieting it will make a huge difference over the long run.

It's also going to make keeping a caloric deficit easy as heck because it's such a short eating window.

Anyone who has success on IF and enjoys IF should stick with it IMO.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.