BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-10-2018, 06:49 PM

Default Day 16

Weight: 143

Nutrition: ?

I know I said I was going to be strict with tracking till the 23rd but I fasted from noon on the 6th till noon on the 8th. Woke up at 146 that day. Had about 1,000 calories, keto, but don't know exact amount as I had a dinner out (sashimi; also had no carb alcoholic drinks).

Woke up on the 9th (yesterday) at 142.5. Whoa. Alcohol is such a crazy diuretic! It's insane. Followed same kind of diet yesterday and woke up to 143.

Also having a lighter calorie/keto day and some drinks today for social event.

No workouts this weekend unfortunately.

Going back to no alcoholic drinks this week and hitting the gym. Expect the scale to be up a couple of pounds without the diuretic effect of alcohol, however, also hoping to do another 48 hour fast at some point. The last one was good. (Decided not to do the 72 hour fast during the workweek; was feeling a little lightheaded.)

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125
Unread 03-11-2018, 07:56 AM

Default Day 17

Weight: 140

Nutrition: ?

Ate a bunch of eggs with my son early in the morning, then didn't eat till late at night at a birthday party. Stayed out really late and had wine and essentially a giant charcuterie board to myself: olives, brie, goat cheese, cheddar cheese, prosciutto, salami ...

And then I woke up to this number? Honestly it's insane to me. Yes, alcohol is a diuretic and I think once I course correct and cut it out this workweek pounds will come back. But it feels like my 48 hour fast or hormones or something caught up with me because whoa, this is the lowest weight I've been since 2010 and I feel like I barely tried this week.

Unread 03-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Day 19

Weight: 141

Nutrition: Keto but high calorie

Notes: Yesterday was at 143. Keto but high calorie as well. Work events have kept me busy today and yesterday and ended up having drinks even though I said I wouldn't! Have 3 client lunches in a row this week during the day. Need to workout/maybe do OMAD to compensate. Still trending down on weight though.

Unread 03-16-2018, 05:32 AM

Default Day 22

Weight: 141.5

Been negligent about tracking anything due to every day being a work lunch out ... and about drinking some red wine at night again/at work events... and working out ... but have stayed strictly keto. I've generally been IF with a 12-8/9 eating period.

I might try a 24 hour fast starting at lunch today. I'm definitely going to the gym tomorrow morning. Will be the first time in a week which is really unlike me to not have worked out for so long.

Unread 04-03-2018, 06:09 AM

Default Round 2 Keto recap

Quick check in on where I've been/recap of the year so far.

Round 1 Diet

1/2: 162 (started low carb)
1/9: 159 (started strict Keto)
2/10: 147 (after 30 days of Keto)

Total loss: 15 pounds

2 week break; went up about 5 pounds

Round 2 Diet

2/23: 152.5 (lazy Keto; mostly 12:8 IF)
3/23: 140

Total loss: 12.5

1 week break (still low carbing); stayed at 140/141

Total loss from 1/2: 22.5 pounds

Being keto has worked for me, plus IF'ing where I can. Would love to get into more 2-3 day fasts, haven't done one of those in awhile. Still would really, really love to see the 130s. Feels like a psychological barrier to not get there! Silly but I have a wedding on Friday and I would love to be in the 130s for it. Ultimately would be really psyched to be down to 125 by the Fourth of July.

Another positive thing: people are really noticing my weight loss now. Feels good.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 04-03-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 04-10-2018, 04:33 AM

Default quick update

Made it to 139.5 on Friday before the wedding I attended. Had a fun time and the scale is up a couple of pounds to 141.5. Still in a bit of a break mode/lazy keto. I'd like to get back into OMAD or fasting and cutting back on drinking again (the nightly wine habit has returned). Also haven't been working out as much.

Unread 04-13-2018, 06:23 AM

Default 7 Day Sprint

Weight: 140.5

Nutrition: Fasting till tomorrow afternoon

It's silly but I have a big event this weekend that I'd love to feel my best for so I'm going to treat this week as a week of clean eating/no drinking sprint to prep myself.

Then after a weekend of celebrations, I'd like to start another month of more disciplined efforts at weight loss. I've basically just been living at 140/141, which is great in that it hasn't been hard to maintain my weight loss in the slightest, but I haven't moved any closer to my 125 pound ultimate goal.

My goal for the week is to drop a pound or two and just feel like I'm "in" the 130s, finally. The only challenge is I have is my period is set to arrive right around then which always brings a 4 pound bump or so. But if I stick to strict Keto and IF and no drinking I'll just feel good the weekend either way!

Unread 04-18-2018, 06:07 AM

Default 4 Day Sprint

Weight: 142

LOL at my 7 day sprint.

On day 2 of a 4 day "sprint," which started at noon on Monday and ends at noon on Friday.

My "sprint" at this point means fasting/eating only keto when if/I do eat.

Originally this was supposed to be 7 days of no drinking/being strictly keto but this weekend was a total wash with nonstop social events. I wouldn't even say I was keto or even low carb. Not sure where my willpower is these days.

I decided to try make up for my nutritional mayhem a little bit by doing a small fast. So, started fasting at noon on Monday and we'll see how far I can go. Would love to make it till noon tomorrow for my first 72 hour fast but I have a big meeting tomorrow morning and don't want to be worried about being lightheaded.

Alternatively, might do a 68 hour fast, then eat something at 8am and then try and fast again until noon the following day when I have a work lunch I can't not eat at, which would be a 27 hour fast. So combined 95 hours of fasting as opposed to just one 72 hour fast.

Unfortunately the scale probably won't budge too much regardless -- the scale is up today, which is a result of the weekend AND my period coming any day now. Also, I don't find that I see a drop in water weight when I fast. Sometimes the scale stays the same from one day to the next or I just drop .5 pounds (I've only ever done 1 or 2 day fasts). But a few days later, I do see a drop and it tends to stick. It's interesting. I'm fascinated by fasting.

Still, when I wasn't drinking and was doing keto I saw the best, most consistent results so I need to figure out a way to get in that head space again, even if just for 2 weeks at a time. Been plateaued for too long!

Even thought i's unlikely, I'd super psyched to be at 139.5 on Friday or Saturday. This weekend is a super special event for me and it'd feel great to feel that I reached this small goal. It's OK if I don't though -- I'll get there, and once I'm in the 130s I'm going to start a new thread with new goals.

Unread 04-21-2018, 02:54 PM

Default Final post in this thread

Weight: 139.5

Despite having my period, I've been at 139.5 for the past 3 days. I normally gain FOUR pound during this time of the month, which means my weight would have been 136 if I didn't. Which is cool. I definitely met my original goal (being in the 130s, if by a hair), which is what I was thinking of when I started this in January. I'm really happy.

Did a 54 hour fast which was actually pretty easy to get here (want to try a 72 hour fast next) and then keto-ish eating. Going to take a little time off and figure out my plan to get to 125. Which honestly is less than 15 pounds but in my experience is mentally a challenge to get to. The lowest I've been post high school has been 130. I'm 40 now ... and want to be strong ... need to come into this with will power and something realistic. Will start a new thread when I start.

For now taking a break from keto ... will probably blow up with water weight for a bit but hope to not go too off the rails.

Unread 06-05-2018, 04:38 AM

Default Quick Update

So, I'm back. I'm not sure of my weight today but yesterday it was 143.5. So after taking about 5 weeks off, I've gained 4 pounds. Not bad.

What is bad is I'm feeling pretty sluggish: pretty bloated, pretty depressed, pretty down in general. I've been drinking and eating whatever I want and not working out as much. While it's been great to socialize, it's also obvious that my lazy lifestyle lately is taking a toll on me.

To be clear: I'm not partying hard or off the rails. It's just interesting what being lax about diet, drinking and exercise can do to my psyche.

So, it's time to get back on track. Set an achievable, short term goal and work towards it. I'd like to figure out some kind of more balanced approach rather than what I did in January (30 days of strict keto; basically shutting myself off from social situations to head to the gym and sit at home). I'm going to start a new thread but whatever my approach is will be a mix of Keto, IF and lifting. I'm going to try and log about some mental health stuff too (trying to get into doing an app like headspace to deal with anxiety, etc).