BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-01-2014, 09:48 AM

Default Arachidonic acid

What are your opinions on this stuff for muscle gain? I've been digging around and found quite a wealth of studies supporting its effect and safety, so I'm thinking about giving X-factor a run for my next bulk.

My main concern is the link between Omega 6's and tumor growth, which is also documented. Although I have no existing tumors or family history with problems one never really knows, so maybe it is wise to have a full check up before using AA?

Any experience and info will be greatly appreciated
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Run it for 50 workout days. Meaning that if you lift 3-4 days a week, an ARA cycle will last around 12 weeks.

It's very good for strength, but diet (as always) should be tuned before jumping in. Dirty bulking is not beneficial on an ArA cycle. I did both times and wasn't that fond of the end result.

First time I ran it, I ran it with PES Anabeta Elite and had some very good aggression and strength in the gym. I gained weight, but about 40% of it was fat. My diet sucked at the time.

The second time, I ran it with a full-body workout routine working out 3-4 days a week and backloaded all of my carbs. This was before I stumbled upon this forum and lyle's info. That resulted in mostly strength gain since, again, my diet sucked.

If I were to do it again, I'd run it alongside Anabeta with an on-point diet and cals slightly over maintenance incorporating weekly HIITs.

Remember that because it is a fatty acid, it can be disposed into fat cells in the presence of insulin, so make sure you take it fasted so that to achieve higher muscle content of ArA.

Some forums might advocate using GMS as emulsifier for ArA, I wouldn't. Just run it with a carnitine salt and make sure to dose with 81mg of aspirin since ArA thickens the blood.

Also make sure to NOT dose your fish oil and any other anti-inflammatory supplements with a four hour window of taking ArA. For example, if you workout at 4pm, your last dose of fish oil will be noon and you can resume supplementation again at 8pm.

Last edited by Burntwookie : 09-01-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM

Woah, thanks for the info man.
So you're only taking it on Workout days? And how did you go about the dosing, I've seen week 1:750/week2:1000/week3:1250 etc as a staple on other boards
Unread 09-01-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlol View Post
Woah, thanks for the info man.
So you're only taking it on Workout days? And how did you go about the dosing, I've seen week 1:750/week2:1000/week3:1250 etc as a staple on other boards
Both runs were only on workout days and I dosed it in the morning 1hr pre-workout and fasted. First run I did 1.5g and moved up to 2g. The second run I only did 1.5g and noticed no difference between 1.5 and 2. Next run I might even just do 1.25. Also I plan on adding in bcaas 30 min pre workout with at least 3-5 grams of leucine to stimulate mtor.

I would only worry about cancer if it runs in your family. Also if you're susceptible to inflammation be wary since ArA increases inflammation. I had to start taking cissus both runs a month into the cycle.
Unread 09-02-2014, 01:12 AM

Save your money. X-factor is yet another supplement that is a total waste of money.
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Adams View Post
Save your money. X-factor is yet another supplement that is a total waste of money.
I agree out of pure odds, but they did publish a recent placebo controlled trial. Haven't had time to pull the paper to see if it was sound methodology but of course the x-factor group gained more muscle. Was hoping to see discussion about the paper on here.
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:43 AM

Yeah, me too. I'll try to find it, but from what I remember the AA group had a 3lbs increase in LBm over 50 days/1.5g AA daily dose
Unread 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM

There will be a decent article coming out on this on EliteFTS. I'll post it up here when it does, if it's OK with the head honcho.

-S
Unread 09-02-2014, 10:41 AM

Default Search first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlol View Post
What are your opinions on this stuff for muscle gain? I've been digging around and found quite a wealth of studies supporting its effect and safety, so I'm thinking about giving X-factor a run for my next bulk.

My main concern is the link between Omega 6's and tumor growth, which is also documented. Although I have no existing tumors or family history with problems one never really knows, so maybe it is wise to have a full check up before using AA?

Any experience and info will be greatly appreciated
As stated countless times in the forum, as well as Forum Rules sticky do a proper search before starting a new thread:
"arachidonic acid site:http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/"
Unread 09-02-2014, 11:02 AM

I did in fact. All I found was 2 one-reply topics, both saying that AA is useless, yet none providing any backing up or explanation