BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-02-2017, 06:15 AM

Wedding went fine. Felt a little bad for the bride and groom as they had about 50% their RSVPs not show. They still focused on enjoying their day together.

I was up a pound when I got home, so not too bad. Last two days walked 18+ miles, spent an hour -ish lifting and ate 1400 calories a day, which should be about 200 under sedentary maintenance.

Weighed this morning...and now I'm up 2 pounds. My bust and hip are down an inch each over the last month though.

Are my scales about as useful as a Magic 8 Ball?

All signs point to yes.

Keep at it.
Unread 07-12-2017, 08:25 AM

Default Check In

So I'm still at 156. Some unfortunate things have happened in my life that I'm struggling to deal with.

Not so good things:

- Still drinking too much at night
- Had to go back on sporadic Xanax to help me w/panic attacks at work (I don't love Xanax and I feel it slows my metabolism down)
- Haven't done any kind of diet

Better things:

- Have maintained my workouts and even added in HIIT and yoga to help mix things up
- Have been doing occasional bulletproof style coffee in the AM and find it really works to suppress appetite till lunch. I've never loved breakfast and I'd like to make this a near-daily habit

I'm not even sure why I'm writing here except to say that I'd really, really like to get to 149. It's so silly but that number would really help me. It's a kind of 2-year anniversary of a few changes in my life on August 1st so while I don't think I'll lose 6.5 pounds of fat by then, I'm going to figure out some sort of plan that can get me close. RFL is too intense for me but anything would be better than the freewheeling I've been up to over the past 6 weeks.

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125
Unread 01-10-2018, 06:49 AM

Default Happy 2018

Hey everyone,

Happy 2018. It's good to be back here and I'm hoping to stick with some regular updates as I attempt to lose more weight.

Brief history: in mid-2015, I was at 178 after going on antidepressants, up from my regular weight of 135-145. A good 35 pounds heavier than where I spent most of my adult life.

I gradually made my way down to the mid 160s by the end of the year, and have spent 2016/2017 somewhere in the 150s. Briefly tried RFL and didn't have the discipline for it but saw results; did low carb for a bit last April/May and saw good results for me.

(On that note, I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant 6 years ago, and run the risk for diabetes in general.)

With all of this said, I've never made a truly SUSTAINED effort at weight loss (more than a couple of months or so) and it's crazy to me that it's been 2 years and I'm still in the 150s. I'm turning 40 at the end of April and I'm serious about getting down to the 140s by then, ideally 139 for symbolic purposes. I realize that last number is a big stretch, and would take a big deficit; I'd really be happy at being consistently in the mid-140s by end of April.

My plan?

I've stopped drinking for awhile -- I knew nightly wine wasn't helping me (I had gotten up to 2 to 3 glasses sometimes! Was self medicating my anxiety) so will keep that up. Interestingly, I haven't noticed any weight loss as a result as that's the only recent change I've made in my life, but I think I'm probably eating more at dinner as a result of not drinking because subconsciously I'm still looking for something to soothe/"reward" me at the end of the day.

I know keto isn't popular here but I've dabbled in it and found it really helps me stay sated, so I'm doing keto for 30 days at least and aiming to keep my calories ~ 1300 a day.

Breakfasts are bulletproof coffee with protein, lunch and dinner are pre-prepared meals I purchased and froze.

I'll continue my workouts: basically I do lifting (sandbags, kettlebells, deadlifts) with some light conditioning (burpees, mountain climbers) at my gym 3x/week. I feel like my quads are just getting bigger and bigger and bigger and I want to mix things up (would love to get into pilates; get back into yoga), but I love my classmates and teachers and get such a psychological boost from working out at my gym, I'm just going to keep at it, body shape be damned.

So, for next 30 days, my goal is to track everything I eat here, and weigh myself every day -- and see what happens. After 30 days, I'll reassess my diet.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 01-10-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Unread 01-10-2018, 08:03 AM

Your goal says 139 instead of 149. Anyway, good luck.
Unread 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM

Default Day 1 + Day 2 Meals

Day 1 (1/10)

Nutrition:

1303 (calories)
105 (Fat)
77 (Protein)
19 (Carbs)

Workout:

1 hr class: weighted squats, hanging leg raises, mountain climbers, chest presses, abs ....

Day 2 (1/11)

Nutrition:

1292 (calories)
92 (Fat)
75 (Protein)
25 (Carbs)

Workout:
None

Unread 01-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Default Day 3

Weight: 157.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1,234
Fat: 94G
Protein: 75G
Carbs: 25G

Workout: none

Unread 01-12-2018, 07:21 PM

Default Day 5

Weight: 157.5

Nurtition:

Calories: 1,203
Fat: 85G
Protein: 77G
Carbs: 25G

Unread 01-14-2018, 07:16 AM

Default Day 6

Weight: 155.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1331
Fat: 89G
Protein: 92G
Carbs: 11G

Notes: went to a sauna/steam room/etc with a friend and sweated excessively, so probably have some water weight loss. But also, am on the 2nd day of my period, and I usually go up at least 3 pounds for that. We'll see where I'm at in 3 days. Hormones make this period predictably unpredictable.

Unread 01-15-2018, 06:53 AM

Default Day 6

Weight: 155.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1584
Fat 110
Protein: 107
Carbs: 21

______________________-

My Fat/Protein/Carb count is slightly off (I accounted for it in my calories) because I made a bunch of creamy "keto soup" in the morning instead of my usual Bullet Proof Coffee with Protein. Was suddenly feeling the worst sort of keto fluish kind of symptoms so wanted to load up on electrolytes etc so used a bunch of Jarrow's bone broth and some cream.

Overall, went about 300 calories over my average goal but stayed on track in terms of macros generally. Also realize I've not been accounting for fiber in my net carbs but I'm eating so low carb (steak; brussels sprouts) that it just means I'm definitely under <20 carbs each day when you account for it. I should start doing that going forward.

Haven't worked out in a bit so going today and hopefully going to do a mix of things and just get my heart rate up // sweat for awhile.

Scale wise it's nice to see 155.5 on the third day of my period. Emotionally, feeling rough because I'm dealing with some pretty difficult things and not being able to eat or drink my feelings has caused myself to really sit with my feelings. Interestingly I don't really miss drinking (I went out to meet some friends last night and easily had seltzer) but feeling so sad has, well, been sad. I'm telling myself it's emotionally and physically healthier in the long run but this has been a weird weekend. I should have made sure to get some physical exercise in. Happy to be working out today.

Unread 01-16-2018, 06:01 AM

Default Day 7

Weight: 156.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1489
Fat: 109
Protein: 93
Carbs: 19

---------------------

Was hungry in the afternoon so had an extra (decaf) Bulletproof coffee. Scale up by a pound since Friday but I'm on the 4 day of my period so there's that. We'll see where I'm at by Wednesday. I walked a bunch but the gym was on an off schedule because of the holiday and the class I wanted to do didn't happen. More mentally/emotionally frustrating for me than physical.

Also this is going to be a weird week at work because I have to speak in front of about 500 people at a conference, which I'm anxious about, and all our meals are served. Not sure how I'm going to eat my meals, which need to be microwaved. The conference goes from tomorrow till Friday. Hoping to stick to my plan.