BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-29-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Honestly, OP, a big part of your (and other people's) problem which is seen time and time again when this is reported, is lack of enough muscle mass. Once you've done enough useful bulking to have reached a certain level, THAT'S when you'll see nice lean results from non extreme dieting methods.

I am telling you, this is a large part of your issue.
I disagree with this completely and I agree with op and kyoun1e.
I have plenty of mass and nothing gets me lean like depletion/low carb and carbload. Even if it's not straight ud2 this recipe works like no other. Rfl doesn’t work(for me) like depletion plus tension does even if I skip the power wo. I'm basically doing a hybrid of the two by replacing one rfl wo with two depletion wo's followed a few days later with rfl wo then refeed. Depletion is necessary for me to see worthwhile results. I'll stahl on rfl before seeing anything substantial but with same time frame for ud2ish diet it's much more obvious.
Unread 01-30-2018, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrumdiet View Post
I disagree with this completely and I agree with op and kyoun1e.
I have plenty of mass and nothing gets me lean like depletion/low carb and carbload. Even if it's not straight ud2 this recipe works like no other. Rfl doesn’t work(for me) like depletion plus tension does even if I skip the power wo. I'm basically doing a hybrid of the two by replacing one rfl wo with two depletion wo's followed a few days later with rfl wo then refeed. Depletion is necessary for me to see worthwhile results. I'll stahl on rfl before seeing anything substantial but with same time frame for ud2ish diet it's much more obvious.
Are you sure you disagree, though? You just said you had plenty of mass. Bigger your glycogen stores, greater the potential changes. You can see how it seems you equate depletion with leanness, and that is misleading. Having said that, we understand how cyclical dieting+depletion are effective for body recomposition. No use beating a dead horse...
Unread 01-30-2018, 07:05 AM

I'm just saying for me depletion plus deficit equals better fat loss than straight dieting with same deficit whatever that means to you

Last edited by redrumdiet : 01-30-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Unread 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrumdiet View Post
I'm just saying for me depletion plus deficit equals better fat loss than straight dieting with same deficit whatever that means to you
Ah. Well yeah, that's true. UD2 does make this claim. Depletion makes fat loss easier, when you are lean to start. Still, doesn't seem like you disagree with bigbreasts. The diet is more effective for muscular people.
Unread 01-30-2018, 11:49 AM

I like the rigid structure of ud for short stints mentally. Feels mentally easier when you HAVE to be precise vs left alone to screw things up on your own
Unread 02-01-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
I like the rigid structure of ud for short stints mentally. Feels mentally easier when you HAVE to be precise vs left alone to screw things up on your own
I agree with this. The more moving parts in a diet that need to be tracked and coordinated in order for it to be effective the better. Oddly enough It helps with my adherence. It keeps me preoccupied and far more engaged in the process along the way. Keeping all those plates in the air appeals to my ocd.
Unread 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM

This works for me as well, short term. Long term ends up being too much of a hassle and the depletion workouts seem to get more and more painful the longer I go on that diet. I prefer to use a regular hi protein, low calorie approach and then use UD2 as a finisher.
Unread 02-02-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokahn View Post
I agree with this. The more moving parts in a diet that need to be tracked and coordinated in order for it to be effective the better. Oddly enough It helps with my adherence. It keeps me preoccupied and far more engaged in the process along the way. Keeping all those plates in the air appeals to my ocd.
My guess it cuts back on decision fatigue
Unread 02-02-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
That is certainly part of it.
Unread 02-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
People like us that frequent these forums may tend to overthink things too...

With UD2: Do this. It sucks, but it works.