BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-22-2018, 09:11 AM

Default Rotisserie Chicken Vs cooking your own

Hello Lyle and everyone,

I used to buy the rotisserie chickens from the supermarket (2 or 3) and they would last me for the week to add with rice or Ezekiel bread.

For the past year Iíve been buying raw chicken and using the crock pot to season and make it. The price comes out a little cheaper to get the rotisserie chickens and I donít have to do any cooking.

Are the rotisserie chickens healthy/macro friendly? I know the protein is there, not many carbs.. Iím just thinking and Iíve heard they are high in fat. There is no nutrition label on them though so I donít know. Would you say these are good to eat instead of cooking my own, or no difference, whatís the general consensus for rotisserie chicken?
Unread 04-22-2018, 09:18 AM

Yeah ditch the skin it's easy to make it lean. They are usually loss items hence the cheap price. My child's mom gets them a lot I chew up the bones and marrow
Unread 04-26-2018, 02:55 PM

Most of the rotisserie chickens I've seen in stores are pretty small compared to what you buy raw and cook yourself. It's a pretty clever setup really. Sell the small chickens by the chicken; sell the big ones by weight.

Note that I'm comparing the end products here, i.e. cooked in store vs cooked at home
Unread 04-26-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLifting145 View Post
Are the rotisserie chickens healthy/macro friendly? I know the protein is there, not many carbs.. Iím just thinking and Iíve heard they are high in fat. There is no nutrition label on them though so I donít know. Would you say these are good to eat instead of cooking my own, or no difference, whatís the general consensus for rotisserie chicken?
It's going to vary from chicken to chicken as well as the type and size of the piece, etc. Some of the fat does drip off during the cooking process.

The skin is one of the great parts of rotisserie chicken, or a roasted chicken that you do yourself in the oven. But like w1cked said, you can take this skin off to make it leaner.

Good luck figuring out exact macros.