BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2018, 06:44 AM

Question Confused... RFL vs UD2.0

Hi,

Stupid question perhaps... I've read both RFL and UD2. I thought it would be better to do UD2 first to get real low and then end off with RFL to get to the desired BF% (single digits). Somehow in all the threads I read, it seems to be recommended the other way around. Which is recommended to do first?
Unread 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM

RFL is not recommendable for lean people (<15%). It works, but just not nearly as well and with higher potential for muscle loss. It's way better at a higher bf% because you can create a larger deficit and stay on longer. UD2's prime purpose is maintaining muscle mass while dieting down to very low body fat percentages. It attempts to mitigate the problems generally encountered by the very lean when attempting to diet down further, and is essentially a really complicated way to lose less fat for those at higher bfs. I saw your last post about UD2 and you said you were around 24-25% bf. This is far away from the fat percentage at which UD2 becomes useful. May I ask why you are still considering doing it?

At your body fat, a straight deficit with any decent training program will give you the results you're looking for. If anything, give RFL a go, but don't do UD2 unless you're just trying to waste your time.
Unread 05-03-2018, 09:03 PM

Lightbulb But why?

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm doing all this for two reasons :
1) I'm not just asking for myself. I have a partner that is at much lower bf% (18)
2) I'm trying to educate myself so that I understand both these in order to use both at the correct times hence asking for help on calculations.

I will do RFL first now that I understand that but may suggest my partner to jump into UD2 shortly after.
Unread 05-04-2018, 07:21 AM

If your partner is male, I would guess that 18% is probably higher than ideal for UD2 for a couple of reasons. First, everybody underestimates their bf%, or at least it seems that way to me. Second, why resort to complicated stuff when you haven't milked the easy stuff for very long? It seems to me that doing something small like cutting out dessert or going on a walk after dinner can make an impact at that stage. Why not do something easy like that? Also, you don't have to do both of these diets (or either of them for that matter) to get great results. Keep things simple until simple doesn't work any more. There is no magic secret. Even RFL, which causes people to lose weight very quickly, takes a long time for some people.
Unread 05-04-2018, 07:41 AM

Our BF% was measured by biokineticist using 9 site skinfold caliper... We don't likely indulge and eat clean most of the time. Have been training for years etc. I did not say we will do UD now, I said we will do RFL first but then push into UD soon as BF% drops enough - both of us only has 3% to drop in order to "qualify" for the UD2 program if I read correctly on page 2. Hence wanting to know how it works.

I understand (and appreciate) all the advice and pre-warnings about starting the UD diet too soon, I just it find it frustrating that we pay money to buy the books but when we need clarity and help on how things work we just get told not to do it instead of someone actually helping us to learn how to do it so that we can do it when we're ready to do it. Perhaps there should be a warning on the book cover or description that says do not buy until you are at BF15% or less so that people don't waste money on it which would be a waste in itself as I think it does contain educational material that would benefit those aspiring to get real lean.
Unread 05-04-2018, 09:21 AM

That sounds like a solid plan. Definitely give UD2 a go when you reach the required bf%. I was just speaking from experience UD2 is torture and it doesn't even help unless you're already really lean because of the way lean individuals partition nutrients. At higher bfs, you're more likely to spin your wheels or actually get fatter than to actually drop body fat. A lot of us are more than happy to answer your questions and provide advice. My biggest advice now is just not to do UD2 yet. You don't have to listen to us
Unread 05-04-2018, 01:19 PM

Sorry, maybe I was reading too much into your question. I'm not speaking from experience here, so take everything I saw with a huge grain of salt. I think if one were to try both diets, then the best way to do it would be to go with RFL to get lean in the first place and then to start on UD2 after taking a diet break.

Have fun. I hope you and your partner get great results!