BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > About this forum: Read this first
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Default Since we need a reminder

1) Do your own homework.

Seriously. This forum is organized principally around Lyle's books. If you have a question, before posting it, LOOK IN THE BOOK THAT CORRESPONDS WITH THE FORUM IN WHICH YOU'RE POSTING.

If the book doesn't answer the question, then SEARCH THE FORUM. We've been up and running for a couple of years now; there's a lot of accumulated knowledge here. A lot has been asked and answered. I know that the search function here isn't the most robust thing in creation, but it works well enough.

If you ask a question to which you could easily have found the answer by doing one of the above, you are wasting time and bandwidth. It may be easier for you to ask someone to spoonfeed you information, but do your own damn homework.

And, a corollary to number 1:

2) Don't clutter up existing threads.

If all you have to add to a thread is "lol stop trollin troll", or "omg that's been answered so many times already," have a hard think about how much richer your life would be if you stepped away from the internet and read a good book instead.

If you feel that someone is trolling, or that someone has said something so egregiously stupid that it deserves a warning, or that someone has created a thread that treads old ground, PM A MOD AND WE'LL DEAL WITH IT. Your razor-sharp one liner does nothing except increase the number of posts that I have to filter through in order to figure out what's going on.

3) Read the rules post.

hugs and kisses,
your friendly neighborhood mod guy
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Administrator

And on the topic of the rules post.

If you get mad at me, do NOT pm me asking to delete your account. I do not delete accounts. If you post it, it lives here forever. If you don't like it, tough.
Unread 12-09-2010, 02:15 PM

Could I add something. Searching the site may be a bit vague. The vBulletin Search Function is pretty crappy.

Hence, use Google's handy feature of site-specific search. Before your search query, type:

site:http://forums.lylemcdonald.com

That means that the entire query (search) for Every-Other-Day refeeds would be:

"site:http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/ eod refeed"

without the quotation marks of course.

===

Random Tidbit:

Google can do this nice little thing called proximity search. Using the pattern:

first_search_term AROUND(n) second_search_term

finds the results for the first_search_term separated by ≤ n words from the second_search_term

so for example, everything between the single quotes in the query below searches for the words 'fructose' and 'nonsense' if they occur 10 or less words apart from each other:

'site:http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/ "fructose" AROUND(10) "nonsense"'

will give you all you need to know about fructose.

Cheers, and happy searching
Unread 12-09-2010, 03:46 PM

First with the English translation of Blade's diet and now these tips on google-fu, I never realized I'd be so grateful to a gentleman named Toiletmoose.

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan