BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > About this forum: Read this first
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethreidnz View Post
Don't worry Lyle a friend and I are starting a new online business, and he's just wrapping up a double degree in business and computer science and we were just yesterday discussing how all current trends and research show that content marketing is the way of the future. So you're just ahead of the curve.

We plan on using your model as an inspiration (well he already was going this way when i joined but your site is a prime example of what he was proposing); providing the top quality product with top quality advice and support to use the product all available in one easy to find place.

It is by far the best way I've seen anyone set up a business such as this one. I can fully appreciate why you don't wanna 'play the game' to such an extent. The game is falling apart around us anyway so who cares!
Whilst your optimism is appreciated it is unfortunately misplaced. If you analyse marketing from the 19th century, it is eerily similar to that of today's apart from colloquial differences. Magic tonics, elixirs, and bodybuilding booklets promising all but providing little has always been the order of the day. Human nature hasn't changed in two hundred years, and I don't see a reason to feign naivete and believe it will be any different in the future....ever.

Tom Venuto and Pavel Tsatsouline actually have great business models. Both of them provide a lot of great advice (with some garbage here and there) through an effective marketing vehicle. As far as optimizing longevity that is probably the best bet. But Kevin Trudeau has become a literal billionaire by selling cancer cures and all kinds of trash. I can assure you that unless one is willing to participate in what we believe are underhanded marketing strategies, they won't be making that kind of money, ever.

Given my schedule, I have the pleasant misfortune of turning on the telly at odd hours of the day, and what am I inundated with? The old EMS ab belts that were in all kinds of adverts about ten years ago. That is the way of the world, terribly sorry. Take solace in the fact that Lyle can probably sleep at night, and if you and your mate run your business similarly, you ought to be able to as well.

Cheers.

Last edited by Gladius5 : 10-26-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:54 PM

I see your point but all you've done is make me want to prove you wrong; In a non-confrontational way; In a thanks for the extra motivation sort of way. haha

I was mainly referring the internet and how things like pop-up adds and spam advertising have been shown to be loosing their effectiveness. I'd rather provide a website that creates discussion and traffic and all the information and products required to do a specific thing that you're product does which is practically free (discounting the time to write the articles) than pay facebook or some other website for tiny side bar adds no one (or at least judging by everyone I've ever asked about internet adds) even glances at.

Thanks for your input though. I am certain that in our case, considering you don't even know what I'm talking about selling or in what way, our model is going to work very very well. No doubt. I'll link you the website if you like when we are launched, succeed or fail.

Last edited by sethreidnz : 10-26-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethreidnz View Post
I see your point but all you've done is make me want to prove you wrong; In a non-confrontational way; In a thanks for the extra motivation sort of way. haha

I was mainly referring the internet and how things like pop-up adds and spam advertising have been shown to be loosing their effectiveness. I'd rather provide a website that creates discussion and traffic and all the information and products required to do a specific thing that you're product does which is practically free (discounting the time to write the articles) than pay facebook or some other website for tiny side bar adds no one (or at least judging by everyone I've ever asked about internet adds) even glances at.

Thanks for your input though. I am certain that in our case, considering you don't even know what I'm talking about selling or in what way, our model is going to work very very well. No doubt. I'll link you the website if you like when we are launched, succeed or fail.
I'm looking forward to it mate, thank you. My comments were more academic than anything. When young minded fellows embark upon great ventures in hopes of changing the world, I feel it right to at least offer a reasonable dose of reality.

An honest, straight forward business model can absolutely succeed, no doubt there. My only argument is that in no way will the principles of marketing ever change. Marketers tie their strategies to the deepest elements of the human psyche...insecurity, despair, hope, guilt, etc. I think that if one executes a business strategy well, they need not use those hideously exploitative techniques, but they will also have "left money on the table."

I wish the way of the world were different, but it never will be.
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Everything we want but convince ourselves that we need is the result of Edward Bernays.
Unread 06-16-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureisNow View Post
So a spin like this doesn't work for you?

Learn the 5 secrets of bodyrecomposition!

Secret #1:

Calories matter!
Calories in vs calories out over time determine your weight loss or gain.
But now,for a change learn how to eat DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS!
Learn the most important body movement to lose weight. Hint: it involves shaking your head no. You will learn how!

Secret #2

Train to grow so you don't lose!
Dieting without some intense weight training can cause you to lose muscle. YIKES! We will show you the
7 best exercises for maintaining muscle mass and building the hot body you always dreamed of.

Secret #3

Love the carbs, hate the carbs!
Carbs are not either good or bad but some people do better with less or more.
FIND OUT which type of dieter you are with one simple test!
Then start SHEDDING THE POUNDS!!

Secret #4

99.9% of the supplements are crap.
If it hasn't been around for 10 years, it's probably bogus!
Learn what works, and aLso receive 1 free week's supply of LM-7000 - our new formulation of fish oil, creatine and vitamins, ALL IN ONE!!

Secret #5

There are no secrets. Anymore that is!!
Start with the basics and be consistent. Measure and log your progress. When you reach 10-12% bodyfat (for a guy) 18% for a woman then we'll talk. Until then, keep it simple stupid!!
Got it? Good. Now go DO IT!!

With Lyle Mcdonalds bodyrecomposition plan, even a macaroon can lose weight and build muscle. But don't wait any longer. If you order now, you will receive 1 free month's access to forums.lylemcdonald.com, where you can receive free advice from the members and sometimes the master himself!

Act now, before it's TOO LATE!
BUT WAIT! Order in the next 20 minutes and we'll DOUBLE YOUR ORDER!
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Imagine the body you deserve. Lyle's bodyrecomposition plan has helped many people just like you reach their physique and fitness goals.

You can do more. You can be more. Learn the secrets and start building the body you deserve TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureisNow View Post
So a spin like this doesn't work for you?

Learn the 5 secrets of bodyrecomposition!

Secret #1:

Calories matter!
Calories in vs calories out over time determine your weight loss or gain.
But now,for a change learn how to eat DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS!
Learn the most important body movement to lose weight. Hint: it involves shaking your head no. You will learn how!

Secret #2

Train to grow so you don't lose!
Dieting without some intense weight training can cause you to lose muscle. YIKES! We will show you the
7 best exercises for maintaining muscle mass and building the hot body you always dreamed of.

Secret #3

Love the carbs, hate the carbs!
Carbs are not either good or bad but some people do better with less or more.
FIND OUT which type of dieter you are with one simple test!
Then start SHEDDING THE POUNDS!!

Secret #4

99.9% of the supplements are crap.
If it hasn't been around for 10 years, it's probably bogus!
Learn what works, and aLso receive 1 free week's supply of LM-7000 - our new formulation of fish oil, creatine and vitamins, ALL IN ONE!!

Secret #5

There are no secrets. Anymore that is!!
Start with the basics and be consistent. Measure and log your progress. When you reach 10-12% bodyfat (for a guy) 18% for a woman then we'll talk. Until then, keep it simple stupid!!
Got it? Good. Now go DO IT!!

With Lyle Mcdonalds bodyrecomposition plan, even a macaroon can lose weight and build muscle. But don't wait any longer. If you order now, you will receive 1 free month's access to forums.lylemcdonald.com, where you can receive free advice from the members and sometimes the master himself!

Act now, before it's TOO LATE!