BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa View Post
You're right, perhaps I was a little optimistic there. I always train in the evening so the depletion doesn't really affect my activity levels and also I tend to force extra moving around during the first three days of UD2. Always taking the stairs etc.

Rest days: Active during the day, sitting in front of the computer in the evening

w/o days: Active during the day + training evening, sitting in front of the computer for a while before bed.

Obviously you do it differently and I didn't really factor that in. My bad.

Yes, but this is in addition to the glycogen burned, right? I see no way that the bodybugg could factor that in. Lyle has estimated that a regular weightlifting routine of 1h consumes give or take 500kcal and I just find it hard to believe that I'd consume less during a super intense w/o of 1,5h, at least at the start of the diet when your metabolism is still firing well.

I've had my fair share of water weight fluctuations during UD2. I've tried getting to the bottom of those but in the end it's easier to just let go. In your situation I'd blame salt. Perhaps your not drinking enough water to flush it out?
Here's an excerpt from Lyle in a Bodybugg thread specifically talking about calories burned for an hour of weight lifting, and calories burned during 1.5 hour depletion workout. It's not as much as you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
The values for caloric expenditure during weight training are usually estimated at ~7-9 cal/min but that's only lifting time and it really depends on movement (e.g. squat vs. curl).

We've bugged a ton of different workouts (and used teh polar caloric estimate as well) and you're usually looking at something like 300-400 cal/hr (figure you're lifting perhaps 1/2-3/4 of the total hour with resting periods and that's about right) although you get way more with Ol's and way less with machines.

A 1.5 hour depleton workout, which is fairly continuous would fall right about that 500 cal level I think.
And another from Blade (Borge Fagerli) another great resource and respected member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I seriously doubt you will burn more than 300kcal for 1hr of weight training, unless it's intense, short-rest circuit training for the whole body.

So 15% difference is a fantasy, but hey - go ahead and have that Happy Meal after your workouts since you burned so much calories. Get back to me in 3 months and let me know how it goes.

Last edited by alcahuetej : 05-07-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Unread 05-07-2015, 01:12 PM

Yes, I peed out all of the water by day 3. Back to my old depletion weight. I'm megadosing potassium salt. It doesn't seem to help though, neither does high dose bromo.

I suppose it's a matter of physics. I just don't have enough fat for my body to pull energy from.

I only burned 2800 calories yesterday with 60 minutes physical activity. I used to burn 3000 daily with no physical activity, according to bodybugg. This is with 7.5mg bromo at noon.

Seems the best I can hope for now is a 1000 cal a day deficit with 1500 or so on Day 1 when I have the most energy.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 05-09-2015, 03:17 AM

Another week of UD 2.0 and made it to day 5. Finally lost strength and stamina on the tension workout. Never had such little energy in my life before while dieting. Averaged 1600 cal deficit per day. Almost passed out while doing fasted cardio. Almost fell asleep on the tension workout despite sleeping well all week. 2 lbs down at my lowest vs the week before.

However the bromo kept me mentally sane and helped me sleep well each night on top of killing hunger. Didn't even bother with E/C on Day 4.

I now see the importance of bromo while dieting. It kept my work ethic up as well and my ability to think. All of the typical panic attack type, anxiety thoughts I usually get while dieting were gone.

Done dieting for now. Will research into DNP + Bromo next. Going to keep up at least 2.5 mg bromo for the next two weeks while my brain or whatever it is that needs to recover, recovers.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 05-09-2015, 07:22 AM

what exactly is bromo?
Unread 05-11-2015, 01:03 AM

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=3291

Unread 05-23-2015, 01:26 AM

I kept dieting and had continually easier UD 2.0 depletion days until my 3x a day bromo stopped working and I was extremely hungry by day 4. E/C was just about worthless too.

I guess bromo has limits. Or I need to buy more and dose higher.

Unread 05-23-2015, 05:30 AM

Ephedrine doesn't really have a limit. Well, you'll start hurting, but you won't need to eat. Like Adderall, but easier. Bromocriptine had no effects on me up to 10mg daily for a while. Too expensive. Anyhow, so I don't really get it, but whatever, I'm sure it works for others.
Unread 05-23-2015, 06:20 AM

You mean you'd take more than the recommended once every 4 hours? Or for you it always killed hunger under any circumstance?

Unread 05-23-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Ephedrine doesn't really have a limit. Well, you'll start hurting, but you won't need to eat. Like Adderall, but easier. Bromocriptine had no effects on me up to 10mg daily for a while. Too expensive. Anyhow, so I don't really get it, but whatever, I'm sure it works for others.
umm what? Pain? Where?

No affects? Not even sides? Sounds like bunk bromo

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 05-23-2015, 10:33 AM

I think he meant higher dose? But that's a good question, what happens if you try? I remember Lyle said it was bad though.

Regardless I like sleep so that's not an option for me =/