BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-18-2017, 11:46 AM

Default How to get necessary medication?

My wife takes medication for her bipolar disorder. The medication means the difference between her functioning normally and her being utterly unable to accomplish or do anything. Anyways we found out what works for her a combo of zoloft and lamotrigine. However next year we will be moving and if i happen to get a new job that doew not offer benefits immediately. is there a way i can buy these online without having to pay a psych out of pocket?
Unread 09-18-2017, 12:31 PM

If she's already diagnosed can you get your family doctor to prescribe it? If not, she should still be able to get Obamacare for just a couple of months. I've had to do this for a chronic condition with expensive meds that I needed for the first 60 days of a job before insurance kicked in. This may not be the best sourced forum to be checking on online pharmacies for this sort of thing.
Unread 09-18-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
If she's already diagnosed can you get your family doctor to prescribe it? If not, she should still be able to get Obamacare for just a couple of months. I've had to do this for a chronic condition with expensive meds that I needed for the first 60 days of a job before insurance kicked in. This may not be the best sourced forum to be checking on online pharmacies for this sort of thing.
Well we are both college students (my college is moving) and i am currently a manager of a fast food restaurant. I'm not guarenteed in getting insurance at all because we will have to find jobs that will fit our school schedule and if i keep going the fast food route they don't always offer benefits. Market place plans run like triple what i pay for health insurance now which would be hard on us. Looking for a just "just incase" method.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:31 AM

It's funny, usually when I need prescription medications I ask my doctor. Always more effective than asking bodyrecomposition.com
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
It's funny, usually when I need prescription medications I ask my doctor. Always more effective than asking bodyrecomposition.com
Actually I see where he's coming from. Insurance companies have lists of generics/brands with tiers of copay they'll carry. Whatever she needs aint on the plan I reckon. It won't be an issue getting a script but when the pharmacy runs rhe numbers on his group/coverage claim will be denied and billed full price.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Actually I see where he's coming from. Insurance companies have lists of generics/brands with tiers of copay they'll carry. Whatever she needs aint on the plan I reckon. It won't be an issue getting a script but when the pharmacy runs rhe numbers on his group/coverage claim will be denied and billed full price.
Ah, I see. USA issue.

In the UK, if something is prescribed by a state non-private doctor, then the prescription cost is capped at the equivalent of about $15.
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:31 AM

If cost is the issue (as opposed to securing the proper prescriptions), have you looked at GoodRx yet? Depending on the med, you can find some decent savings. I have one prescription for which I always use their coupons in lieu of my insurance because it ends up being 25 to 30 percent cheaper. Looking at their site right now, I can find sertraline (generic Zoloft), thirty 100 mg tablets from between $8.70 and $13.00 depending on the pharmacy chosen. Lamotrigine (again, 30 tablets, 100 mg each) ranges from $8.70 to $34.42 (though this latter price is the outlier and most are under $12.00).
Unread 09-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
It's funny but usually it's better to actually read the question than spout off like a pompous I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. Or do you think his doc wil know where to source drugs without a script.

But since you clearly think that no question can be answered on line or this forum, how about you leave?
Unread 09-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Yeah there is that but i am talking about potentially not having medical insurance at all psych appointments run up to $300 per visit out of pocket and they want to meet with you atleast every 6weeks. So yeah im talking about the trouble of getting the script too.
Unread 09-19-2017, 09:28 AM

For example my current fast food job only offers insurance after you have been there a year.