BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

If I wanna waste 4 hours of my life accomplishing nothing, I'll take a nap.
Unread 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM

Well, I guess that means you won't be watching the Patriots and the Saints tonight.

Go Pats!
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLMichelle View Post
Well, I guess that means you won't be watching the Patriots and the Saints tonight.

Go Pats!
Lucky for him.

I can't get those three hours back.

KY
Unread 12-01-2009, 01:24 PM

Well darn it! I was pretty sure Brady could pull it off. The Saints are better than I thought...now I know they are undefeated, but they've had to come from behind a bit and I just didn't think they were all that.

I stand corrected.

I went to sleep when the score was 17-31 Saints.

One thing that struck me about the game was the lack of flags. You watch a Cowboys game and it's falgflagflagflag....
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM

WARNING: Overly Long Post Follows. Skip if you have anything productive to do.

@jcfullbr

Quote:
I think maybe college is too broad of a game to try and argue our sides. I was not thinking FBS Top 10 vs. FCS scrub when stating my point.
True, college is a pretty broad spectrum, but that's exactly my point. There aren't enough elite-level players to make the talent levels more even. I'm talking about teams at the top of the big conferences, vs. the teams in the middle, vs. the teams at the bottom. Obviously Florida is going to have better players than Grand Valley or JMU, but they're also gonna have better players than Ole Miss and South Carolina. Every year. Because of the name and because Urban Meyer is a recruiting genius.

Quote:
Week in and week out the majority of the games I see are ACC games.
I'm so sorry My first and greatest love in sports is ACC basketball (Duke fan thanks to Mom, Dad went to UNC, grew up ten minutes from University of Maryland, where most of my friends growing up went). But ACC football is even uglier than the Big 10 has been recently.

Quote:
Aside from this, do you think Rich Rod is a square peg in a round hole in Ann Arbor? I have a special disliking for Big 10 athletics in general, and UofM especially, and I am tickled to see him up there. Take away Pat White and Steve Slaton and the man is just an above average coach still at WVU by way of the Bowden express (Tulane w/Cheater McBowden, Clemson with Tammy) making a ton of money at clinics speaking about the spread.
Not a square peg in a round hole, necessarily. It's worth pointing out that he recruited White and Slaton, which bolsters my contention that recruiting matters more than anything else in college. I went to Michigan, so it bothers me a lot the way we got him...just seemed really sleazy. Plus he has FAILED to deliver, but again a large part of that is that at the end of Carr's tenure recruiting went completely to h-e-double-hockey-sticks. And that has continued under RichRod. We have. No talent. On defense.

Quote:
I agree with you on your Belichick/Jauron argument. NFL is totally a game of how many players are on the coach's side and how many aren't. And a guy like Belichick either by winning over, or firing/hiring will get guys that buy into his system. Jauron was an above-average DC but apparently cannot win over a locker room or hire/fire the right people.
It never ceases to amaze me how many fine coordinators absolutely suck at being head coaches. On the other hand, failed NFL head coaches often find success in college (Little Nicky, Pete Carroll, etc.) because running a football factory program is way easier than running an NFL team. Hear that, Charlie Weis? You suck!

Quote:
I see the Colts thing differently as well. I think it is a large part Dungy's system still in place as a holdover, but it is a large part past success and player leadership.

If you put Mark Sanchez and the Jets coaching staff (another new HC, arguably considered a good coach) in place Manning/Indy Staff I doubt the Receivers Coach and O-Line coach overcome the fact that Sanchez is apparently color blind, afraid of the cold weather, and went to the Dick Jauron school of hard knocks.
No doubt. Peyton was probably a bad example because he's edging closer and closer to GOAT territory. On the other hand, the Colts start a bunch of former nobodies on both sides of the ball --low draft picks and undrafted free agents left and right-- and still are among the best teams in the league. Lots of holdover from Dungy, of course, because Caldwell was the heir apparent for a while before Dungy retired. Stability, another key to consistent success. Pittsburgh has had three HCs in the last forty years. Any wonder they're the best team overall in that span?

You want another example? New Orleans. Beat the living daylights out of New England on Monday by being drilled to absolute perfection. Their stuff is so complicated I can't even tell what's going on half the time, and that's just on defense! It's beautiful and fun to watch and would be impossible without spectacularly good coaching. New England played all right, but they just weren't as prepared as the Saints. They used to be the best-prepared team in football. I think Belichick is getting tired and it hurt losing McDaniels and Mangini. Two other amazing coordinators who haven't exactly dazzled as head coaches; at best they've been inconsistent.

Quote:
Long story short I don't think anything you said is wrong, I just have a different point of view.
Fair enough.

Quote:
You also seemed to be pretty knowledgeable, do you coach or just watch a crapload of football and read a crapload about football?
That. If I were going to coach anything it'd be basketball. Or ultimate frisbee (the sport I play). Actually I think I'd be a better ultimate coach than I am a player, which is sad. @Lyle about wasting four hours: Taking nap is hardly a waste, I'd say In fact, naps can be quite lovely. I wish I could take one every afternoon. @BFLMichelle: You see a lot of flags during Cowboys(suck) games because of bad coaching. Add Wade Phillips to the list of great coordinators who are mediocre or bad HCs.
I am the number one Ninja and I have killed all the Shoguns in front of me. You've got some new young Shoguns trying to step up—Amare, Jermaine, Ming. But by the time they kill this Shogun, I'll be retired, and I'll have two platinum swords and five NBA MVP balls. That is why one day I said my game will be like the Pythagorean Theorem—hard to figure out.
Unread 12-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSS View Post
I think Belichick is getting tired and it hurt losing McDaniels and Mangini. Two other amazing coordinators who haven't exactly dazzled as head coaches; at best they've been inconsistent.
Can't let this go...

Bill made them all. And if you notice, pretty much every player and coach they've cast off has sucked after. It's all about Bill. Nobody wants to believe it.

What's hurt them is that the Pats are actually rebuilding their D this year and trying to win a championship at the same time. Unheard of.

Remember Mike Vrabel? Arguably one of the most valuable linebackers during their run and they traded him.

Richard Seymour? Traded for a first round pick (Oakland).

There are other smaller examples, but the bottom line is the D has a bunch of youngsters in the secondary and at lb. They're taking their lumps now, but hey, they're still in it and they have a bunch of draft picks stockpiled.

The world is going to have to wait until Brady is dead to bury the Pats. And that's probably not for another eight years if Brett Favre is any indicator.

KY
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM

The Saints are absolutely frightening. They looked unbeatable against the pats.

The Steelers....their whole system is predicated on having an absolutely relentless defense. And unfortunately, the biggest key to that defense is Polomolu. Last year when we played the Chargers maybe 8th game....it became apparent our defense was enough to take us deep into the playoffs and possibly even win a superbowl....they were unreal. This year the Saints offense has that same, unstoppable, take over a game feel. And their defense is very good to boot. Everybody right now, even colts, is second fiddle a healthy Saints team.

Undefeated superbowl anyone? As a sports fan, seeing that would almost make it alright that the Steelers are hurting so bad.

But there is a good amount of season left. Don't count out the Steelers if they're healthy...they tend to peak late. Saints are nearly a lock especially since they'll probably get the championship game in the Dome. The AFC still has a few teams that could come up big, the Colts are looking very strong but they're def. beatable.
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM

MN and NO are a lock for the NFC Championship game. Book it.

In the AFC, it's Indy and I'd probably put money on SD at this point.

KY
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Yeah of course I would like to see the vikes finally win a super bowl, I have to admit though I wouldnt mind seeing the saints win it all.
Unread 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to akwaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
Yeah of course I would like to see the vikes finally win a super bowl, I have to admit though I wouldnt mind seeing the saints win it all.
I wanna see the Saints win a bowl so NO tears itself apart.

Wouldn't mind seeing them play the Minnesota Brett Favres either.