BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I live in MA. It defintely complicates things. So far the cheapest plan I can find is for around $230 a month. Does that seem unreasonable?

Once I do find a plan do you have any advise on who I should talk to to help me "understand" what is covered and what it will cost me for certain services?

Many thanks,

Drew
damn. that is less than what I pay/month for just ME

Unread 12-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I live in MA. It defintely complicates things. So far the cheapest plan I can find is for around $230 a month. Does that seem unreasonable?

Once I do find a plan do you have any advise on who I should talk to to help me "understand" what is covered and what it will cost me for certain services?

Many thanks,

Drew
Yeah, uh, you might be living in the dark. Here in MA, you can fill out a form and the state gives you a list of insurance plans/companies (private, not state crap) you can pick from that they'll mostly pay for. You'll end up paying like 30 bucks a month. It's part of the mandatory health insurance deal that got passed a couple years ago.

Yeah, here:
https://www.mahealthconnector.org/po...ite/connector/
Unread 12-04-2009, 05:55 PM

Thanks, I have been to that site. Even when choosing the cheapest plan under the "young adults plan" I am still looking at $150 or over (not that this is bad). What is this $30 a month you were referring to?
Unread 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Many thanks,

Drew
Self employed 28 year old male, great health, chew tobbacco though, I pay $280/mo for an Aetna plan. I think I pay $15 at the doctor.
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Google for something called a HDHP , which would qualify you for a HSA.

HDHP = High Deductible Healthcare Plan

HSA = Health Savings Account

---------------

This is what I have, and I recommend it. However, if I were younger and single, I would go the catastrophic coverage only route and pay for the occasional illness out of pocket.

By the way, that's what you end up doing on any health care plan - paying for it out of pocket - it's just that you've got a 3rd party entity (the insurance company) doing something you can do yourself, paying your medical bills.