BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-27-2017, 11:39 AM

Default Omega 3 - Splitting dosage needed?

I take 10 1g omega 3 softgels with 300mg EPA/DHA in each, to my dinner, with the rest of my supplements(D3 and multi-vitamin/mineral), but was wondering if i'm missing some uptake benefits, since Lyle in one place recommended to split the dosage in two; morning/evening, or if it's only meant to ease fish-burps or upset stomach?

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-27-2017, 11:25 PM

once is fine
Unread 11-28-2017, 05:31 AM

Thanks!

Btw, I was referring to this article from Lyle about recommended supplements and dosages: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mu...s-part-1.html/

Under e.g. calcium, he states lastly: "Calcium supplementation should be split into two doses consumed morning and evening with meals as this provides better overall uptake."

Under fish oil he states: "... that daily dose would require 6-10 capsules per day which should be split at least morning and evening (taken with meals)."

Notice the reasoning for this "split at least morning and evening", doesn't contain a reasoning like previously, and even uses the wording "atleast".

Though I know it can cause fish-burps or stomach-upset, but I find it strange if it is this he refers to with the "atleast" wording, as it to me sounds more "uptake" related...

Btw, I've thought about this for 3 years now lol, and as I never found an answer from lyle with my googlefu'ing, then i'd thought to register here just for this

Sorry for blabbing on so much also
Unread 11-28-2017, 08:23 AM

I split my dosage post-workout and in the evening, since there is some evidence that fish oil helps with sleep. But it's minutiae.
Unread 11-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhertz View Post
I take 10 1g omega 3 softgels with 300mg EPA/DHA in each, to my dinner, with the rest of my supplements(D3 and multi-vitamin/mineral), but was wondering if i'm missing some uptake benefits, since Lyle in one place recommended to split the dosage in two; morning/evening, or if it's only meant to ease fish-burps or upset stomach?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know that it's reauired but I personally do it that way. Mainly just b/c I take supps twice a day.
Unread 11-28-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhertz View Post
Thanks!

Btw, I was referring to this article from Lyle about recommended supplements and dosages: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mu...s-part-1.html/

Under e.g. calcium, he states lastly: "Calcium supplementation should be split into two doses consumed morning and evening with meals as this provides better overall uptake."

Under fish oil he states: "... that daily dose would require 6-10 capsules per day which should be split at least morning and evening (taken with meals)."

Notice the reasoning for this "split at least morning and evening", doesn't contain a reasoning like previously, and even uses the wording "atleast".

Though I know it can cause fish-burps or stomach-upset, but I find it strange if it is this he refers to with the "atleast" wording, as it to me sounds more "uptake" related...

Btw, I've thought about this for 3 years now lol, and as I never found an answer from lyle with my googlefu'ing, then i'd thought to register here just for this

Sorry for blabbing on so much also
Good lord.
Unread 11-28-2017, 12:34 PM

Splitting doses of fish oil sounds like a god idea but lot of work. Unfortunately, I split dosages up about twice a year - 2 pills in March & 3 in November. Hopefully, they have long half lives.
Unread 11-28-2017, 02:53 PM

Wow, even a reply from the man himself! Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot guys for the nice input, it's much appreciated!