BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Default Transition off RFL

I'm entering my last month of RFL (cat 3 female, I started at 216.7 and now I'm at 196.0) and I'm thinking about transition into keto at the end of my last month. Has anyone had any experience or luck transitioning into a new diet? A lot of my friends are successfully losing weight on keto, but I'm a little concerned the increase of calories (430 to 1300) will lead to weight gain and not a loss. Any advise would be great!
Thanks!
Unread 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Technically RFL is a keto diet, even though Lyle doesn't necessarily say that in the book (that I remember). I assume your additional 900 calories are going to come from fat since RFL and keto already both have minimal carbs. You won't get the immediate water weight loss your friends did on keto because you already had it when you started RFL. The additional calories just means fat loss will slow down, you should still be below maintenance given your bodyweight.

If anything I would recommend you pick up Lyle's Flexible Dieting book if you want something a little more sustainable for dieting over the long term for yourself. If you are just hoping to get faster fat loss with the keto over RFL, that won't happen because you're increasing calories and it will only slow down.

And since you're a woman the Women's book would be highly valuable no matter how you go.