BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-10-2017, 07:40 AM

Default Back to Back RFL Category 1 runs

Hello all,

Starting today, I am embarking on a journey to test my true grit and determination in the face of extreme low carbs and fat. Why? Because I'm a vain SOB and I really want to bring my cuts in as much as possible before my trip to Holland in just under a month. I'd throw this in my main log, but I know a lot of people search the forums for actual results from these kind of endeavors, and this title would much more likely result in people finding what they are looking for than my main log's title.

So here's the plan:
Diet: 1300 calories/day with 260g protein, ~20g carbs and ~20g fat.
Meals: Trying to be as boring as possible here to keep myself from slipping up. I have safely purged my house of all foods I know my body will crave, which should keep me honest. It's one thing to grab a bagel in desperation when you are feeling run down, but it's entirely more difficult to go all the way to the store to buy something you know isn't on your diet. By the time I would get there, I would most certainly have a change of heart.

Essentially, I'll be following the exact same meal pattern every single day.
Meal 1: 2 cups liquid egg whites with diced onions. 6 fish oil caps, 2 vitamin d caps and a multivitamin
Meal 2: 16 Oz boneless, skinless chicken (weighed uncooked) with vegetable soup (zucchini, red onion, peppers).
Meal 3: Same as meal 2
Meal 4: 2 cups Carbmaster vanilla yogurt and 1 scoop of whey. Might throw in some Walden farms chocolate syrup for taste.
Training: Going to perform some full body depletion work at the beginning of each cycle as per recommendation in the book. It will be similar to UD2 but with reduce volume (4x15 instead of 6x15, specifically).
I will attempt to burn ~600 calories through increased activity in the form of fast/incline walking every day. I'm hoping this will offset some of the metabolic slowdown and drop in NEAT I will no doubt experience.

Supplements:
EC stack at 7am, again at 11am, and again at 3pm.
Fiber if needed (eating a bunch of vegetables so I don't think this will be an issue)
Aforementioned fish oil, vitamin d, and multivitamin

Starting stats:
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 173.6 lbs
Bf%: ~12

Before picture (flexed):
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/VhUeVh8

The first cycle will end on July 21st as I will be taking a weekend trip to Chicago. Luckily, this coincides with the 3 day refeed recommended at the end of an RFL run. I'll try my best to stick to the refeed macros, but I'm not going to stress if something is off. The second cycle will begin July 24th and end August 5.

I will try to keep this log updated daily. The diet and workout regimine will be rather boring, but I'm sure people will be interested to see the weight dropped as well as my general thoughts and feelings as I journey down the low calorie hell hole once again. I may consider posting weekly progress pictures if I feel there is a significant visual difference. Stay tuned.
Unread 07-10-2017, 07:39 PM

Default Day 1 - The Calm Before the Storm

Day 1:
Pain scale: 1 (hurts just a little bit )
Calories: 1350
Protein: 280g
Weight: 173.6 (starting morning weight)

One day in the books. Adhered 100% today, and for that I thank Walden farms, Swedish snus and copious amounts of seasoning. Actually felt good to get back to dieting after my break. It's crazy how can you see and feel the water weight coming off over the course of the day. Actually felt more productive at work today than usual. Could be the survival instinct kicking in, or maybe it was just my intense desire to do anything to get my mind off of food. I was experiencing some GI issues during my diet break which resulted in a lot of painful gas and bloating, and I've noticed that those issues have all disappeared in one day of the diet. It may be something to consider in the future that perhaps my body does not run the best on high carbohydrates. Performed 50 minutes of incline walking for a total of 600 calories burned immediately after my depletion workout. Got a little overzealous with the depletion and ended up performing 6 sets of leg press, leg curls, chest press and calf extensions instead of the 4 that I intended on doing. I sort of missed the burn. I am sure my animalistic instinct to consume an entire bag of bagels will come back over the course of the next couple days, but for now, I feel good. What's the best way to ask your roommate to put a combination lock on his ice cream?
Unread 07-11-2017, 12:50 AM

How good is snus, unfortunately here in aus you can only get limited supplies through customs (without it getting stopped)

Fortunately i will be in scandanavia in three weeks!
Unread 07-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Oh man, it's great. The flavor variety, the buzz, the appetite suppression, the slight tingle in your lip. I would definitely recommend it if you ever find your way to Sweden. My favorite by far has been Epok. They make this white snus that doesn't drip and has more free nicotine in it. Recently purchased some strong ice cool mint and strong lime on the interwebz. Luckily, they ship to America.
Unread 07-11-2017, 09:39 AM

Default RFL Recipe to Kill Those Sweet Tooth Cravings

Stumbled upon a nice way to kill some sweet cravings today. I know I said I'd keep it boring, but I'm not always about that.

Ingredients:
1 cup liquid egg whites
1 scoop chocolate casein
1 tbsp pb2
Stevia to taste

Walden farms chocolate or caramel syrup

Stir up all ingredients besides the syrup in a cup or something. Grease a pan and make it like scrambled eggs basically. Throw on some Walden farms syrup when you're done. You can definitely still taste the abundant amount of egg whites in it, but it gets the job done.

I call it PROTEIN GOOP

Macros:
9g carbs
3.5g fat
58g protein
290 calories

Obviously, this can't be a staple of the diet because the carbs are a little too high, but if you've had your 2-3 lbs of chicken for the day and craving something sweet, this could be a nice break from that.
Unread 07-12-2017, 09:37 AM

Default Day 2 of RFL and Chill

Day 2
Pain scale: 4 (in moderate discomfort )
Calories: 1400
260g protein
Weight: 172

Messed up a little bit with the meal prep today and ended up getting by on casein and carb master yogurt for my last 2 meals because I didn't have time to cook. As such, the carbs were a little higher, but calories are still abysmally low and protein is still PETA-enragingly high.

Performed second depletion workout today. Ended up just doing the full UD2 volume because I felt like I could without dying. 6 hours later, my legs decided to stop working, but we're not doing this to have fun, right? Also hit my 600 calories again from moderate paced incline walking.

Someone made popcorn at my school today. I could smell it. My sense of smell for all things carbohydrate rivals that of a German Shepard. I dreamed about cake last night. Anywho, hunger still hasn't been an issue. When you're devouring literal POUNDS of flesh and vegetables every day, you tend to be pretty full. The cravings haven't been as horrible as I expected either. My main issue is the soreness from these GOD AWFUL depletion workouts. Tomorrow (today, actually. I'm logging a day late) will be just LISS which is all well and good because I have a lot of homework and studying to do as finals week approaches.
Unread 07-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Default Day 3 - Brain Fog and Muscle Twitching, Oh My

Day 3
Pain scale 4 (moderate discomfort)
Weight: 169.6 lbs
Calories: 1300
260g protein

Brain fog was in full effect today. I could not concentrate on anything, which may be potentially problematic as I have an exam tomorrow. I must press on though! Still haven't felt too hungry, but I am getting some major cramps and spasms in my calves right now. In fact, they are so bad that I can literally see my calves twitching in different places. Pretty wild since I've been drowning myself in light salt and chicken stock for the past few days.
Unread 07-13-2017, 06:40 PM

Default Day 4

Day 4
Weight: 168.6 lbs
Calories: 1500
311g of protein

Fatigue and brain fog have been at their peak today. Also, hunger. I have no idea how I managed to down 311g of protein in a single day, but I do not think I would have made it through the day if I did not. This diet is not for the weak. I am determined to finish it or die trying though.
Unread 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM

You are pretty lean already. 1 run should put you at a really good bodyfat/look.

2 runs back to back when knocking around 10% is asking for issues in my opinion.
Unread 07-14-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
You are pretty lean already. 1 run should put you at a really good bodyfat/look.

2 runs back to back when knocking around 10% is asking for issues in my opinion.
Yeah, I think you are right. The difference already has been pretty crazy. I might have to reassess once I finish this first run. Thanks for the input!