BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1411  
Unread 03-11-2016, 11:44 AM
m314 m314 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Default

I've read speculation that the metabolism boost is higher among bodybuilders today. This study was mostly looking at obese women, not athletic men carrying a large amount of muscle mass. Some people think more muscle means a higher boost from a given DNP dose.

I'm still taking 150 mg/day. I was thining of getting my basal metabolic rate tested at a place near here, then getting it tested again after the cycle. It would be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #1412  
Unread 03-11-2016, 05:16 PM
kdt kdt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m314 View Post
I've read speculation that the metabolism boost is higher among bodybuilders today. This study was mostly looking at obese women, not athletic men carrying a large amount of muscle mass. Some people think more muscle means a higher boost from a given DNP dose.

I'm still taking 150 mg/day. I was thining of getting my basal metabolic rate tested at a place near here, then getting it tested again after the cycle. It would be interesting.
DNP does act primarily in muscle tissue mitochondria.

BMR/TDEE is primarily based on LBM as well. If anything, being obese would increase BMR/TDEE

A measly 11% is like 200-300 extra calories burnt a day. If so, it would take 30 days to lose a couple pounds.

Your test definitely would be interesting. Any resutls on 150 so far?
Reply With Quote
  #1413  
Unread 03-11-2016, 05:25 PM
m314 m314 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Default

I started at 236 a couple weeks ago. I got down to 232 in the first week at 100 mg/day.

I overdid it last weekend and got back up to 239. I raised the dose to 150 mg/day. As of today I'm down to 231. I'm working my I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. off in the gym, eating at a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit, and taking other drugs, so it's not just DNP.

These big changes in weight are mostly glycogen and water, but I've lost a lot of fat this year overall. I weighed in at 256 on January 1st. Now I have visible abs again at 231. I'm getting close to my goal weight of 220.
Reply With Quote
  #1414  
Unread 03-11-2016, 07:13 PM
kdt kdt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m314 View Post
I started at 236 a couple weeks ago. I got down to 232 in the first week at 100 mg/day.

I overdid it last weekend and got back up to 239. I raised the dose to 150 mg/day. As of today I'm down to 231. I'm working my I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. off in the gym, eating at a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit, and taking other drugs, so it's not just DNP.

These big changes in weight are mostly glycogen and water, but I've lost a lot of fat this year overall. I weighed in at 256 on January 1st. Now I have visible abs again at 231. I'm getting close to my goal weight of 220.
Visible abs at 231 -- competitive BB'er on gear?? That's a huge weight for abs!

Do you think your 5lb drop is a result of fat loss or is that also water, during the 2 weeks you have been on?
Reply With Quote
  #1415  
Unread 03-11-2016, 07:31 PM
m314 m314 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
Visible abs at 231 -- competitive BB'er on gear?? That's a huge weight for abs!

Do you think your 5lb drop is a result of fat loss or is that also water, during the 2 weeks you have been on?
I'm 6'4", and I've been on test year round since 2008. Plus other gear occasionally, and I've been lifting for 26 years. I'm nowhere near competitive bodybuilder lean. I'm still at least 15%. "Visible" means I'm starting to see the top 4 come out. I should have a fully defined 6 pack at 220. If not I'll keep cutting.

I think I've lost at least a couple pounds of fat in the last 2 weeks. I would have lost more if I didn't slip up on Saturday and Sunday. I've got my appetite under control this time. I plan to eat at around maintenance tomorrow, then get back to the deficit on Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #1416  
Unread 03-11-2016, 07:43 PM
kdt kdt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m314 View Post
I'm 6'4", and I've been on test year round since 2008. Plus other gear occasionally, and I've been lifting for 26 years. I'm nowhere near competitive bodybuilder lean. I'm still at least 15%. "Visible" means I'm starting to see the top 4 come out. I should have a fully defined 6 pack at 220. If not I'll keep cutting.

I think I've lost at least a couple pounds of fat in the last 2 weeks. I would have lost more if I didn't slip up on Saturday and Sunday. I've got my appetite under control this time. I plan to eat at around maintenance tomorrow, then get back to the deficit on Sunday.
Thanks for sharing. First DNP stint?

I did one about 3 wks back. I think I got screwed by water retention -- waited 8 days after last dose and still was HEAVIER than I started. Sigh. 1 mm drop in each of the 3fold caliper sites tho. Ate under maintenance a few hundred the entire time and 8 days off. Went back on earlier this week so I need to wait another 8 days.

Yeah the cravings are INSANE. Definitely consider EC.
Reply With Quote
  #1417  
Unread 03-11-2016, 08:16 PM
jcf jcf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
Hmm wondering if they used proper wording. I don't see how the math could possibly add up for people to be losing ~a pound a day of fat on dnp if it's just 11% per oral administration of 100mg, considering that means an additional 3500 is burned on the daily.

If saturation levels were used, however, it becomes much more likely (dosing every day creates a saturation of 2.7x original dose after 6 days or so).
The participants in that study lost 1.5 lbs per week, on average.
Reply With Quote
  #1418  
Unread 03-11-2016, 08:24 PM
m314 m314 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
Thanks for sharing. First DNP stint?

I did one about 3 wks back. I think I got screwed by water retention -- waited 8 days after last dose and still was HEAVIER than I started. Sigh. 1 mm drop in each of the 3fold caliper sites tho. Ate under maintenance a few hundred the entire time and 8 days off. Went back on earlier this week so I need to wait another 8 days.

Yeah the cravings are INSANE. Definitely consider EC.
My first mini DNP cycle was last month. I went from 244 to 236 in 10 days. I ended that one early because I got sick with a cold, and the itching got unbearable. The itching isn't bad at all this time. I'm tempted to up the dose, but I'll probably leave it here since I'm getting results without bad side effects.

I started EC in the second half of my first cycle last month. Last week I tapered off, which led to the weekend binge. By Saturday I was exhausted and ravenous with no willpower left. I ate too much for 2 days then got back on EC on Monday. I think I'll stay on until I'm done with this cycle.
Reply With Quote
  #1419  
Unread 03-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Beti ona Beti ona is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
A measly 11% is like 200-300 extra calories burnt a day. If so, it would take 30 days to lose a couple pounds.
If you keep 100 mg (11%) in the body (for this you need to take 75 mg a day), no dieting, not training and not cardio, you should not expect major fat loss.
Reply With Quote
  #1420  
Unread 03-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Beti ona Beti ona is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 95
Default

There are some recent study with DNP cause neutropenia?

I have G6PD deficiency, I think in my last DPN cycle suffered some loss of white blood cells, I was weak but the fever was low, 37.5.

They were 24 days in a row, first 8 days 250mg, second 8 days 300 mg and last days 375 mg.

Symptoms of extreme weakness came the day after the last take, after a bad night I could recover the next day and even went to train with weights.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.