BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Seriously, you're using "the personal trainer" card as an argument of you being knowledgeable?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and personal trainer stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe." - Einstein
i like how you automatically assume i know nothing about working out because i think that 4 minutes of rest between sets is too long. i get that it depends on how you train, but for me, i cannot stand around or sit around doing nothing for that long, it's a waste of time and a waste of a pump. and yes i consider myself knowledgeable because i managed to put on a decent amount of muscle mass and weight without ever bringing myself above 10% bf.
Unread 01-19-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triliad View Post
and a waste of a pump
Go for the pump bro. That's the holy grail bro. You found the magic pill bro.

On a more serious note, please go read a book and leave your ego and bro-science at the door. It's getting ridiculous.

Besides, even the most idiotic idiot can put on a fair amount of muscle with an idiotic training regime. It doesn't make you knowledgeable, it makes you mediocre at best.

Last edited by Determinism : 01-19-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 01-19-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Go for the pump bro. That's the holy grail bro. You found the magic pill bro.

On a more serious note, please go read a book and leave your ego and bro-science at the door. It's getting ridiculous.

Besides, even the most idiotic idiot can put on a fair amount of muscle with an idiotic training regime. It doesn't make you knowledgeable, it makes you mediocre at best.
my ego? you're making some real generalizations and assumptions so i'm only left to believe that you're ignorant.
Unread 01-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
i like how you automatically assume i know nothing about working out because i think that 4 minutes of rest between sets is too long. i get that it depends on how you train, but for me, i cannot stand around or sit around doing nothing for that long, it's a waste of time and a waste of a pump. and yes i consider myself knowledgeable because i managed to put on a decent amount of muscle mass and weight without ever bringing myself above 10% bf.
I highly doubt the last part. Cool story tho
Unread 01-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrenator View Post
Ooooooo, I want to play - what about 'functional strength'?????
Lol thats so 2010s
Unread 01-20-2018, 01:39 AM

Quote:
my ego? you're making some real generalizations and assumptions so i'm only left to believe that you're ignorant.
Arguments like "I'm a personal trainer" or "that's a waste of pump" are ego my friend.
Unread 01-20-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and probably strength and output suffer as well. Not able to overload. Hence, not a lot of gains.
Go figure this. Read an abstract indicating that cardio acceleration (cardio & weight intervals) produced greater gains in fat free mass, muscle endurance and more body fat loss in 28 women average age 19.8 than weights followed by same cardio.

Anybody seen the actual paper or any paper. Maybe itís not so crazy? Who knows?
Unread 01-20-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
Go figure this. Read an abstract indicating that cardio acceleration (cardio & weight intervals) produced greater gains in fat free mass, muscle endurance and more body fat loss in 28 women average age 19.8 than weights followed by same cardio.

Anybody seen the actual paper or any paper. Maybe itís not so crazy? Who knows?
If the women are late-intermediates or advanced trainees, I'm all ears.
Unread 01-20-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
X10

Hiit might be one of those words that I instantly hate, along with 'healthy fats' and 'plant based protein'
Also everyone that says "healthy fats" then specifies like butter, coconut oil, nuts, and avocados. So saturated fat is healthy, polyunsaturated is healthy, monounsaturated is healthy, MCT is bulletproof, added fat is healthy, so I guess synthetic trans fat is the only unhealthy one and that is on its way to being outlawed in most of the world so why even specify?
Unread 01-21-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Also everyone that says "healthy fats" then specifies like butter, coconut oil, nuts, and avocados. So saturated fat is healthy, polyunsaturated is healthy, monounsaturated is healthy, MCT is bulletproof, added fat is healthy, so I guess synthetic trans fat is the only unhealthy one and that is on its way to being outlawed in most of the world so why even specify?
Buzzwords rule the day i guess. Personally i guess i consume a lot of plant based protein. .. second hand