BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-2008, 07:20 AM

Default The Exogenous AA between meals Study

In chapter 3, 7 and 12 you refer to the following study:

Exogenous amino acids stimulate human muscle anabolism without interfering with the response to mixed meal ingestion
FULL TEXT here

You write that the study had some flaws and that it's therefore difficult to draw conclusions from it, also p150: ... there's no indication that stimulating protein synthesis in this fashion leads to gain in skeletal muscle...

First, this study was made in 2005, havn't some other ones on the same topic been run since then?

Also based on what you write in the book about optimizing the protein synthesis, I reduced my meal frequency to 4 protein bolluses a day.
So in this scenario, would taking AA, EA or BCAA between those meals still be minutiae and have no impact on skeletal muscle gains and/or wouldn't matter when looking at the big picture?

I'm asking this because I've seen Layne Norton and Sporto using this and apparently liking the effects. So is it that they, as many, possibly didn't really take into consideration the limits of the paper, or is there more to it than this solely study?
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator

no

don't know

probably
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks.

So then, if money were not an issue and one wanted to (be anal) try and take those damn 5-10g EAs or BCAA between meals, you wouldn't at least see any reason for it to be detrimental? (I'm thinking detrimental in the sense were it would just have for effect to increase protein breakdown for example).
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

ther's still more questions than answers regarding the issue of skeletal muscle desensitization and amino acid levels for me to give any kind of decent answer

realistically: bodybuilders ave long eaten protein more frequently than the theoretical 'too frequent' without apparent detriment so it's hard to see how plugging in EAA/BCAA/fast acting protein btewen meals can hurt

will it help? I don't think anybody can say