Intake
protein: 142 g.
carbs: 50 g.
fat: 27 g.

Activity
chest / bis depletion in early am
downhill skiing, although not much

Comments
Struggling mentally today. Maybe it's the Valentine's Day gingerbread hearts I made for The Boy's class. (Each decorated with the students' names ... sometimes I just can't suppress my inner Martha Stewart.) Maybe it's the homemade sour cream chocolate cake on the counter, left over from the hubby's birthday. Didn't have either, BTW, but that doesn't stop me from salivating at the thought of them.

One more day of low carb, a tension workout, a carb-load, and a power workout to get through. I can do this.
Unread 02-15-2011, 05:47 AM

You *can* do it - the gingerbread does sound good though =)
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:25 AM

Strong resistance!!!! I always have to find a way to foget that they are there!

Nice Martha Stuart skillz!

Its a journey, not a joyride.
Unread 02-16-2011, 05:06 AM

UD2.0, Week 4, Day 4
am weight: 140.6

Intake
first half of the day:
protein: 61 g
fat: 11 g
carb: 15 g

pre-wo + post-wo carb-up
protein: 114 g
fat: 24 g
carb: 171 g

Activity
tension workout:
pullups
back squats
flat bench
OH press
leg curls
leg extension
seated row
RC situps
weighted dips
calf raises

Comments
Tension w.o. was OK. My legs and chest were sore going in, and lifts involving them were down about a rep from last week. Same weight, though, so that's something. Ran out of time before I could finish up the iso bicep work. Not too worried that about my "guns" -- water pistols, more like -- being underdeveloped; it's hard enough buying fitted ladies shirts as it is.

Carb-up may be a bit of a challenge because we're in serious fridge clean-out mode and there's not a whole lot to eat in the house. We do, however, have a full container of oats, so I'll manage. (Hot oatmeal with real maple syrup ... twist my arm, why don't you?)
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:27 AM

Default Goal. briefly.

UD2.0, Week 4, Day 5
am weight: 139.6

Intake
(carb-up day)
protein: 226 g.
fat: 50 g.
carbs: 462 g.

Activity
nada, rest day

Comments
Under 140, which was my goal, in the morning of the major carb-up day. I know it will be short-lived because of the carb-up and settling back into an undepleted state.

That was, unfortunately, about the only good thing about the day. The plan was to come home after a 10 am meeting, eat lunch, then work at home between bouts of eating all afternoon. A crisis at work can make a mockery of such plans in an instant. By the time I got home at 6 pm, cortisol levels were through the roof and I was way behind in carb intake.

Managed to make up for lost ground a bit in the evening, but I'm sure it's not ideal to bunch up the carbs like that. It's also not ideal because as much as I like oatmeal, I don't particularly like it as a midnight snack. I prefer to be asleep at midnight.
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:51 AM

"(Hot oatmeal with real maple syrup ... twist my arm, why don't you?)"

Well, you've just given me something that I have to try to incorporate into my eating every so often as a carby treat. Maple syrup.. mmm... Totally spaced that we have a lot of good local honey in the pantry too..

I have to remember calf raises for my next weight day. For some reason I always forget them, and I can definitely do those here at home!
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Nice job on the 139!
Unread 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Well, I'm back from my two week diet break. Although I tried to keep the protein up and the empty calories to a minimum, I didn't count calories, intentionally. I also had a beer or two when the situation warranted it. Which, when you are on holiday at the beach, is pretty much every day.

I also took a break from weight training. However, I ran 2 miles every day in sand (oh, woe is me), except the day we went on an 11-mile hike instead. The halfway point of the run was a convenient pier on which I could do pullups, as long as I ignored the scrapes from the concrete and the odd looks from other beach-goers. The end result is that the trip wasn't a total loss fitness-wise, although I may change my tune when I get to the gym.

I'm still pondering the "what next" question. I'm pretty lean now, and the fat that's left is either essential or so stubborn that it's not worth the effort to me to get rid of. I wouldn't mind getting stronger, but I'm not sure that I want to start a bulking program so close to summer. (Ah, vanity.) That leaves maintenance. I suck at maintenance.

//b. strong
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:30 AM

I left for my break before I posted final results of my RFL/UD2.0 adventure. In total, I did 2 weeks of RFL (cat 1) and 6 weeks of UD2.0. Been on a training and diet break for the past 2.5 weeks.

Measurements
Starting weight: 148.5
Ending weight (post RFL/UD2.0, but pre-break): 140
Current weight: 138.4, but I can tell I'm retaining water

starting bf%: estimated 16-17%
ending bf%: substantially lower than that.

starting waist: 28", but I'm skeptical of this measurement
current waist: 26"
starting hip: 37"
current hip: 36"
starting thigh: 22"
current thigh: 20.5"

I didn't have time to take pics after the UD2.0 cycle. Links to starting and mid-way pics are in [url="http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showpost.php?p=125248&postcount=45"]this post.

Comments
Although I'm happy that I didn't gain a ton of fat while on vacation, I can also tell from yesterday's trip to the gym that I lost strength. So, the plan is to ease back into weight training for the rest of this week and possibly next, then see if I can't build my strength back up (while minimizing fat gains) with UD2.0.

I also need to find time to get my BF% tested. Be nice to know, for future reference and goal-setting.