ha, yes perhaps. well heres what i have:

chitosan
guar gum
xanthum gum
psyllium husk
beta-sitosterol
oderless garlic??
taurine

i use this 6 days a week with my last meal of the day, every morning feeling good like clockwork, and before i could go several days w/o any movement so i feel for you. even your carb load might be enough to free things up, though, good luck, have fun!
Unread 01-15-2011, 03:27 AM

enjoy your oatmeal! Slippery Elm and Ground Linseed/Flax works for me
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:56 AM

Day 12
143.5 lbs (-1.0, -5.0)

Intake
(2/3 PSMF, 1/3 carbup day)
220 g. protein
151 g. carbs (appx. 1/3 glucose)
31 g. fat

Activity
Tension workout from UD2.0

Comments
My cheapo scale died a gruesome death this morning, so the weigh-in is using a different scale. The weight on the new scale is the same as the weight on the old scale before it crashed and burned a few hours earlier, so I'm claiming the 1 lb. loss. It "feels" about right, anyway.

After 12 days of no fruit, I savored the apple I had w/ my pre-workout whey. I savored the dried apricots I had w/ my post-workout whey shake. (Made with skim milk; oh, the decadence!). After that point, the carbup wasn't much fun. Insta-bloat. Not sure if it was the apricots, the bagel, or the sweet potato with dinner, but something was doing the fandango in my gut. I tried to choke down some sherbet to get more carbs in, but gave it up as a bad cause and went to bed. I'll just have to eat more on Day 13.

The resolutioners were in the gym in full force this evening, so the workout was slower than it should have been. I felt pretty knackered afterward, though, so it did the trick.

//b. strong

Last edited by bstrong : 01-15-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Unread 01-16-2011, 07:34 AM

Default refeed!

Day 13
a.m. weight: 143.6 lbs (0.1, -4.9)

Intake
carb target: 538 g (=5.5 g/lb - Friday's post-WO intake)
carb intake: 520 g
186 g. protein
43 g. fat, inc fish oil

Activity
nothing much. Went sledding (appx. 1 hour)

Comments
It was fun to eat carbs with abandon, and especially to have a meal at which I ate (mostly) the same food as my family. But, Lyle warned of mood swings and bouts of drowsiness, and as usual he nailed it. I had a mild headache most of the day, although that could very well have been from much lower caffeine intake. Got up enough energy to go sledding, but after an hour I was ready to sack out on the couch. Started nodding off at 8 pm, and slept in until 7:30 this morning, two hours past my normal wake-up time.

Because Strong asked, here's what I ate:

breakfast
1 c. egg whites
1 c. dry oatmeal
1 c. milk
1/2 c. raisins
5 dried apricot halves

lunch
chicken breast
sweet potato (4 oz, or about 1/2 a medium-sized one)
celery

dinner
-homemade "jambalaya": my portion worked out to 3 oz chicken breast, 3 prawns, 1/2 c. rice, 1/2 c. diced tomatoes, 1/4 of a green pepper, 1/4 med onion, garlic, 1/2 c. chicken broth, 1 tsp. coconut oil, spices. (I also cooked up some andouille sausage for The Boy and hubby to add separately. Jambalaya isn't jambalaya without sausage!)
-slice of ww bread
-lettuce, cuke, and green pepper salad

dessert numbers 1 & 2
1 c. rainbow shebert
1/2 c. yogurt (we only had full fat; this boosted me over my target of 40 g. fat, but not by much)
1 tsp. maple syrup

mini-meals throughout the day
3 bagels, plain
1 tbs. raspberry jam
apple
2 dried pineapple rings

Looking forward to my power workout today (Day 14, as I write this).

//b. strong
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:02 AM

good God you are strict, sherbert was baout the "cheat" food I saw in there. impressive none the less, sure that felt like a ton of food for ya. Hope the tummy feels better, I know the good old bloat all to well.
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong View Post
good God you are strict, sherbert was baout the "cheat" food I saw in there. impressive none the less, sure that felt like a ton of food for ya. Hope the tummy feels better, I know the good old bloat all to well.
"Strict" being a nicer way of saying "anal retentive." Part of the dietary choices were just because that's what's in the house. But, I also wanted to give RFL 100% the first time around.

Speaking of anal retentive ... my gastrointestinal system feels much better this morning, thanks very much. (Thanks, too, for sharing your list of supps for regularity. I'll give some of these a shot my next low-carb stint.)

//b. strong,
Kim
Unread 01-16-2011, 11:44 AM

cool and your welcome. sorry to confuse but what i wrote out was actually just one supp. it is called fibotrim made by advocare, by far the most helpful stuff i have ever tried, i suppose you could probably find most of that stuff on its own, but guessing it would end up being more expensive?
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Using a stimulant laxative like dulcolax once a week might not be a bad idea.

More veggies is always a good idea, especially considering you are taking in fewer than 30g carbs on your low cal days.
Unread 01-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Strong, Cyclist, thanks for the tips!

Today is my last day of RFL. As a Cat 1 dieter, I don't want to do another cycle. I'm still not at my goal, though, and I have 4 weeks until my event. Said event will entail a 2-week diet break and a forced layoff from strength training, because I won't have access to a gym.

So, a few of options, if anyone wants to weigh in (ba dump bump):

1) 2 week diet break, return to RFL for 2 weeks
2) 4 weeks of UD2.0, starting Tuesday (i.e., shifting the cycle up a day, which works better for my schedule anyway
3) full week diet break, 3 weeks of UD2.0
4) moderate diet for 4 weeks
5) full week diet break + moderate diet for 3 weeks

If I didn't have a 2-week break coming up in Feb, I'd go for option 6: a two-week diet break and then 6-8 weeks of UD2.0. But, I do.

I'm leaning toward #2, with #3 and #4 close behind. (UD2.0 would be shifted a day forward, i.e., first depletion workout on Tues rather than Mon.) These seem like the options that would be most likely to get me to my goal without screwing up my metabolism. But, I'm willing to listen to ideas & experience.

//b. strong
Unread 01-17-2011, 04:13 AM

By "event" you dont mean some type of competition do you? soundslike not, but if so this would not be the time to experiment with an unfamiliar diet ie ud2.

So if you are anything like me, and i think you are (anal retnetive, OCD, i have heard them all then i think option 2. you dont "really" want to take a diet break, your are just ready for something different.

that way you'll have 4 cycles to get it dialed in, you'll get some extra cals in on moderate eating days to recover from rfl, and then after your "break" you can decide if you are ready to hit rfl again (u might be surprised) or if you want to continue in with ud2.

2 more things: I actually did the 1 day shift and loved it, more fun to carb load on the weekend. so good call

how are u going to train w/o access to a gym, just curious?