BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default An Open Apology to the Internet

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/unc...internet.html/
Unread 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM

Hi Lyle - long time reader of your emails and occassional visitor to your forums. I got your email this morning in regards to this and just wanted to post back that even though, yes, I did think you were a bit of a douchebag at times, that I do forgive you (even when it was directed at me ) and wish you all the best for your recovery in 2015 and beyond.

BTW - my sister has bipolar as well.

- Bill, Sydney, Australia.
Unread 01-01-2015, 05:19 PM

As someone who also suffers from bipolar , (likely one as I did have a manic episode).

This post was a nice read. As you have been critical in the past of me.
I'm probably in my depression phase. So I tend not to post here ... as I'm crictical enough of myself as it is... More criticism would be painful.

If you find answers or tips to living with bipolar... Or any advice in regards to training with bipolar (eg how meds effect it)
Post it.

I'm always afraid of meds that cause weight gain or weight issues.
If there's a med that's more suitable for training then others that would be interesting.

Anyways happy new year.
You're books and articles have been immensely impactful on my life.
Good luck.
Unread 01-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Administrator

yeah, I've had concerns about the meds for a while, probably why I didn't seek treatment in the past.

I know that atypicals are some of the worst in terms of weight gain. It scares me too.

I'm just now starting on meds so I don't have much insight beyond what I've googled. We'll see.
Unread 01-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Been following your site for a while and like your stuff. Have done the rapid fat loss and read lots of articles and learned lots.

Just wanted to wish you the best.

I have been on and off anti-depressants for a decade. Hard to judge their impact on weight loss/management, but from my experience on some of them it is really hard to lose weight and is the reason I stopped taking them.

Anyway it is probably worth a bit of weight gain to get your head sorted.
Unread 01-01-2015, 10:22 PM

Great post Lyle, hope it gets better for you.

I too suffer from a different type of depression characterized with some highs followed by long lows.

Ive found to help:
-living near family (glad to hear you are doing this) helps a lot
-meditation
-positive reinforcement
-weightlifting
-prayer (if you are a spiritual person)
-Spending time with friends (something to get you outside of only thinking about yourself and your problems)

I would highly recommend "The Art of Happiness" by the Dalai Lama. Helped me with some techniques for dealing with my depression and some reasons why I am having that depression.

I hope the meds as well as being near family helps! Dealing with depression seriously sucks.

Last edited by ssg10587 : 01-01-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Unread 01-02-2015, 12:08 AM

Well, step in the right direction, I suppose.

You blocked me on FB a while ago, and (on a few occasions) have been very abrasive with me - but - I never have held it against you because I have a lot of respect for what you have done in this field. Have learned a lot from you and I really appreciate your contribution. Have hailed you (and a few others; although their information isn't as accessible as yours) as "the guy" and have directed plenty of people to educate themselves via your homepage.

And, I always suspected something was up concerning your state, so I had some compassion and didn't take it personally.

But, something to note: hopefully you coming out with this changes the tone of some members on here who have otherwise taken it upon themselves to behave in a similar grandiose/authoritative state that you otherwise would project so deeply onto this forum.

Your behaviour spawned little minions which likely made this forum experience sour for others as they'd be bashed or spoken to in a condescending way. And, it never would cease because the guy running the forum (you) was doing it as well.

This issue has never been addressed, likely from fear of scrutiny, but it has been ever so present on your forum for a long time (I have read just about every thread on here).

In any event, I wish you all the best and would be delighted to hear that you have (eventually) reached a place where you are comfortable with your state.
Unread 01-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Good on you Lyle. Be well.
Unread 01-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
-Spending time with friends (something to get you outside of only thinking about yourself and your problems)
This last one is omething that I sort of addressed in the piece I wrote: I don't really have a social circle. well I do but it's all virtual people. I work at home, don't go out, no social circle so you live in your head all the time and and crazy. ONe of the things I'll be actively addressing when I get back to Austin.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Uziel Send a message via AIM to Uziel

Lyle, thank you for posting this.
I've been a long time reader of your books and articles, and the information you provided helped me to lose over 200lbs.

My brother is suffering from many of the same symptoms, and I am going to share your article with my parents as I think that it will help them understand what he is going through. Thank you!
Closed Thread