BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default Muscle Growth and Post-Workout Nutrition

Article on the main site
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM

you forgot to plug Surge. Also, to your knowledge has the whole vs skim milk study ever been replicated?
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Nope
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

How does this apply to IF?

I believe (could be wrong) that Martin trained fasted in the morning, not eating until several hours later.
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator

99% certainty

a. you're wrong
b. he advocates at least BCAA

Also you do realize taht I'm talking about POST-WORKOUT nutrition right. And the bit about being fasted has to do with IF you train fasted and DON'T eat anything afterwards.

Which wouldn't be IF anyhow. Because youd be eating AFTER worout. Which is what POST-WORKOUT means. Which is what the article was actually TALKING ABOUT.
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned

Good article.

What about timing of the post workout meal? Have heard 20 min to 2 hours, is there any research on this?

Also at what point does someone need fuel DURING a workout? Is this based on time working out, intensity, or something else and is there research on if this of any anabolic benefit.
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Yes there's research and it doesn't matter, immediate to 3 hours and it's all the same. This doesn't exactly hold for endurance athletes and the dynamics changes in the elderly where faster appears to be better. Elderly here = about 70 years old.

And the article was only about what it was about which was post-workout nutrition. If I'd wanted to discuss during workout nutrition, that would have been discussed.
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
How does this apply to IF?

I believe (could be wrong) that Martin trained fasted in the morning, not eating until several hours later.
I believe Martin has stated many times his system involves breaking the fast with a medium sized (~500 kcals) mixed meal typically comprised protein & fruit, trains around an hour later, then consumes the rest of his calories in 1 or 2 meals post workout during the remainder of the 8 hour window.

He doesn't advocate training completely fasted. If you don't have a pre workout solid meal he recommends a whey shake or at least come BCAAs.
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

And even if he did it still wouldn't apply to this article for reasons stated above. Where I only mentioned fasted in terms of training fasted and not eating anything afterwards.
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

[quote=lylemcd;80823]Yes there's research and it doesn't matter, immediate to 3 hours and it's all the same. This doesn't exactly hold for endurance athletes and the dynamics changes in the elderly where faster appears to be better. Elderly here = about 70 years old. [quote]

So 20 min Heavy Weights / Low Reps and 60+ min Light Weights / High Reps would benifit from the same amount of pro/cho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
And the article was only about what it was about which was post-workout nutrition. If I'd wanted to discuss during workout nutrition, that would have been discussed.
My Bad, thought the article said Muscle Growth and Around Workout Nutrition. (it doesn't cover pre workout either so maybe change the title)