BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Default Can't get as lean without doing UD 2.0

I simply can't seem to get lean without doing UD 2.0 and I have no idea why.

Whenever I diet on higher carb, low volume workouts around 2,000 cal a day I seem to just get flabbier.

Even if I cut carbs absurdly low and eat around 1,500 my weight drops but I never look any better after months of dieting.

I'm thinking maybe depletion itself + low carb makes you look a lot leaner around the carb up even if your bodyfat is the same as regular dieting. Or in other words, you'll never look/feel as lean without depletion / low carbs.

Thoughts?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 12-13-2017, 02:29 AM

Water weight can actually be pretty persistent. When I approach a certain leanness, it seems as if fat stores just get filled up with water and you look exactly the same. Once you start feeding or bulking again, the water in the fat stores get dropped but is eagerly replaced by fat. Some weird vicious circle.

There are some tricks to get rid of some water weight (e.g. alcohol, supplements, prevent stress, etc.), but I think it all comes down to hormones, genetics and in some cases patience.
Unread 12-14-2017, 02:17 AM

Have never done UD2.0 but I can confirm this for some reason. I have had phases of 10 cal/lb and insane levels of activity (30.000 steps every day) where nothing happened. I know its water weight, but still, it's tough not to see the scale move when, putting so much effort. UD2.0 might be an idea when I find more time, or just more frequent mini diet breaks, e.g. 4 days maintenance for every 2 weeks of dieting.
Unread 12-15-2017, 08:07 AM

Yeah, there's something about UD2 that works and/or that we think works.

I've had my best dieting results with UD2. Hands down. There's something about the depletion and low carb setup that flat out works. Even if you screw up on the margins it still works.

Add to this, what you see in the mirror. I've never looked as lean (prior to carb up) or as lean AND big (post carb up). This may just be a post carb up mind game trick that UD2 plays on us. Come day 7 in a cycle, when water retention is probably at it's highest, I start feeling fat again.

I've tried other approaches, but they just don't seem to work. I more or less start any diet week now with some kind of depletion work out and low carb situation. If anything, I wring the water out of my body and it makes me FEEL like I'm getting leaner.

If it weren't for water retention we'd all be happier and probably diet much less.

KY
Unread 12-16-2017, 06:27 AM

Yes, I think you guys above nailed it.

I carefully examined some post UD 2.0 posts (at day 1 after end of ud 2.0 week).

Even when I was visible fatter, my skin / body looked more dry and I looked better overall.

Yet moderate or even low carb dieting (without depletion) can never achieve that look.

I think If I was contest BBer, I'd probably do UD 2.0 the last week and come in half depleted after a tension workout.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 12-17-2017, 09:03 AM

Honestly, OP, a big part of your (and other people's) problem which is seen time and time again when this is reported, is lack of enough muscle mass. Once you've done enough useful bulking to have reached a certain level, THAT'S when you'll see nice lean results from non extreme dieting methods.

I am telling you, this is a large part of your issue.
Unread 12-18-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Honestly, OP, a big part of your (and other people's) problem which is seen time and time again when this is reported, is lack of enough muscle mass. Once you've done enough useful bulking to have reached a certain level, THAT'S when you'll see nice lean results from non extreme dieting methods.

Yes, for real. Most of the superficial effects of ud2 are temporary, and dependent on your muscularity. It's glycogen manipulation, no duh
Unread 12-18-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, nobody can deal with the fat that comes with the muscle gain.

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Unread 01-29-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:

I disagree with this completely and I agree with op and kyoun1e.
I have plenty of mass and nothing gets me lean like depletion/low carb and carbload. Even if it's not straight ud2 this recipe works like no other. Rfl doesnít work(for me) like depletion plus tension does even if I skip the power wo. I'm basically doing a hybrid of the two by replacing one rfl wo with two depletion wo's followed a few days later with rfl wo then refeed. Depletion is necessary for me to see worthwhile results. I'll stahl on rfl before seeing anything substantial but with same time frame for ud2ish diet it's much more obvious.
Unread 12-18-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I simply can't seem to get lean without doing UD 2.0 and I have no idea why.

Whenever I diet on higher carb, low volume workouts around 2,000 cal a day I seem to just get flabbier.

Even if I cut carbs absurdly low and eat around 1,500 my weight drops but I never look any better after months of dieting.

I'm thinking maybe depletion itself + low carb makes you look a lot leaner around the carb up even if your bodyfat is the same as regular dieting. Or in other words, you'll never look/feel as lean without depletion / low carbs.

Thoughts?
Are you 100% positive your intake is reported correctly? Being conservative if need be? Not taking a bite, spoonful here & there?

Not saying you arenít, but it is a possibility. Nearly all people do underestimate, even registered dietitians.