BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Just a quick cardio question (would appreciate Lyle's input)

For UD2.0, I know that cardio is said to be very beneficial on Wednesday and Thursday. Can I also do it on the other rest days (Friday and Sunday)? Also, what does the book mean by "moderate cardio"? I've found that you want a steady pace (as opposed to intervals), but what is the definition of "moderate cardio" according to UD2.0?

Thanks
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Did you read the book? You're supposed to conserve strength for Saturday's power workout assuming you're on a 7 day cycle. Why would you want to do cardio on carb load day?
Though not a necessity on Sunday, it's useful to jump start glycogen depletion process.
As for cardio what I do is a range of 5.6 to 6.0 kph with a degree of incline on the threadmill but that's my preference.
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight79 View Post
Did you read the book? You're supposed to conserve strength for Saturday's power workout assuming you're on a 7 day cycle. Why would you want to do cardio on carb load day?
Though not a necessity on Sunday, it's useful to jump start glycogen depletion process.
As for cardio what I do is a range of 5.6 to 6.0 kph with a degree of incline on the threadmill but that's my preference.
Gotcha.

I've also chose to do abs and cardio together, so on Friday, instead of both, I'll just do some abs.

Just finished today's cardio - 45 mins fluctuating between 4.5-5.7 mph (treadmill adjusts automatically based on heart rate to keep it in the specified zone). That's probably what I'll do every time I do cardio.
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM

Don't do any exercise on the carb load day. If that's friday for you, just rest and eat. Ab workouts will deplete glycogen and your goal should be to load up on glycogen through the overfeeding.

Save cardio/abs for the day before depletion workouts and the day before the tension workout (Thursday for most people). You could throw some cardio in after depletion workouts but most of us normal humans are spent at that point.

Don't do abs on Fridays just to do abs. Place your ab workouts on better days...ie Sundays and Wednesday/Thurs morning (if you are following Lyle's original setup)
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:32 PM

I do cardio after training on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday fasting without food,then sometimes after training on Thursday

but Friday, Saturday never and I sometimes Sunday football or running something very soft
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslam96 View Post
Gotcha.

I've also chose to do abs and cardio together, so on Friday, instead of both, I'll just do some abs.

Just finished today's cardio - 45 mins fluctuating between 4.5-5.7 mph (treadmill adjusts automatically based on heart rate to keep it in the specified zone). That's probably what I'll do every time I do cardio.
There is an actual schedule when to do abs. If I can recall correctly, Lyle did mention it was one of the minor details he left out in his book. You can do ab work on Days 1,2,4 and 6 with the rep ranges recommended on those days.