BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Default Best choices for adding fiber

Right now I try to eat one or two heads of broccoli, along with a slice of whole wheat high-fiber bread in the morning, plus a salad at night, but adding up the totals it seems I'm still a bit under the recommended daily average. I just had an uncle pass from colon cancer so I'm a bit more concerned with getting enough fiber. Just wondering if anyone has any good natural sources suggestions that are low in carbs, high in fiber and are suitable for this diet.

(Metamucil and fiber suppliments are very hard to find in this part of the world, so I'm looking more for natural sources thanks)
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM

Oat bran (not rolled oats, its like sand), though not low low carbs is good as it is high in fibre and in small amounts ok for UD2. Same with things like chickpeas and kidney beans, sprinkle a few in a salad and you're good. Obviously the standard lettuce, cucumber, celery are good ones as very low cal/carb and highish fibre.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM

There's a cereal you can buy here in canada called "holy crap". It's aimed at just that.

You likely can't get it in your part of the world, but don't worry, I don't buy the actual stuff anyways. I just throw the ingredients together.

I get a big container and mix the following:
1 cup chia seeds
1 cup hemp hearts
1 cup buckwheat
1/4 cup craisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste if you like).

Eat 2 just tablespoons of this each morning with a small splash of almond milk (enough to get a pasty consistency). 2 tablespoons gives you 4g of fiber and it tastes great.
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I noticed cabbage is pretty high in fiber and cheap as well, I made a huge bowl of coleslaw with shredded cabbage, half a red onion, garlic, salad seasoning, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, pepper, salt, paprika and lemon juice and it tastes great. About 1/4 the price of lettuce or other leafy greens over here. I found some Metamucil for sale actually but its about 25$ for a box of 44 packs.

*Edit - just saw the metamucil only gives you 2.5g of fiber per pack... I'd rather just eat more broccoli.

Last edited by skank : 03-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Psyllium husk...
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

Asparagus