BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM

Default Depletion workouts question

Are there any pros or cons to choosing to do a one day depleteion workout on Monday rather than the two day Monday/Tuesday set up, from a fat loss perspective not relating to time taken etc.

Thanks, Kon
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstant View Post
Are there any pros or cons to choosing to do a one day depleteion workout on Monday rather than the two day Monday/Tuesday set up, from a fat loss perspective not relating to time taken etc.

Thanks, Kon
If you can truly manage to do the depletion WO's in one day then it could be marginally better in terms of fat loss because:
  • You would be in completely depleted state for a bit longer
  • You would have more recovery time prior to tension workout
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:09 PM

I think if one option would be significantly better than the other then Lyle would have indicated this or not even given us the choice. Based on his comments if he were to do UD 2.0 then I'm guessing he'd go with two days since he gets bored after an hour of training.

I start in 3 weeks and plan on going with the 2-day option simply b/c I think I'd be too fatigued rather than depleted for a 2-hour lifting workout.
Unread 03-25-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir85 View Post
If you can truly manage to do the depletion WO's in one day then it could be marginally better in terms of fat loss because:
  • You would be in completely depleted state for a bit longer
  • You would have more recovery time prior to tension workout
Following this line of thought, would it then be optimum to do the one big depletion WO first thing on the Monday. Thereby maximising the two points above?
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Following this line of thought, would it then be optimum to do the one big depletion WO first thing on the Monday. Thereby maximising the two points above?
Upon re-reading UD2.0 Lyle mentions morning workouts are ideal, so I guess that's that. Although he points to this being due to having more energy rather than the other noted reasons.
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Upon re-reading UD2.0 Lyle mentions morning workouts are ideal, so I guess that's that. Although he points to this being due to having more energy rather than the other noted reasons.
I always train first thing in the morning which is why I was glad to see the variant on pp. 71-72 that moves the tension workout to Friday (Day 5) and keeps Thursday as a standard low cal/carb day. If you go this route then your tension workout/carb-up day is one day. For me I decided to shift the schedule so tension/carb-up lands on a Saturday since most of the day will be spent eating, eating, and eating. I can then do a power workout on Sunday and use Monday to transition back into 4 days of the low cal/carb cycle. Having a gym at home in my basement will work well for the weekend training.
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:18 AM

There are a couple members on here that prefer to do a one day depletion instead of a two day split. IMO, for your first round of UD you should try the two day until you feel completely comfortable doing the depletion workout correctly. For the first 2 weeks of the program I was screwing up my depletion workouts just due to in-experience with the program.

Another thing to think about is this: doing a two day depletion will get you into the gym twice during your fasted state.

I CRAVE the gym on depletion days because the workout suppresses my hunger until its time to eat dinner.

I would have to assume that if you do a one day depletion on Monday; Tuesday and Wednesday must be Hell to get through.

To each his own though, curious to see what you will choose. Keep us posted!