BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Default First Day of UD 2.0

Ladies and Gents,

Today is the first day of UD 2.0 for me. I have read the book twice and have been lurking in this forum for almost two months now studying what I need to do for this diet. I think it will work for me and it fits with my lifestyle.

Believe it or not I am going to do the diet exactly how its laid out in the book. That's right, I'm not going to ask how to modify it or if it will work if I only do certain parts of it. I'm in all the way with what Lyle has provided us.

The diet shouldn't be too bad for me because I have done low carb diets before so I know all the side effects such as the light head and lack of energy. I do think the workouts will be a bear!

I hope to have as much success on this diet as some of the people on this forum have had. I have seen some dramatic changes and I hope I can do the same.

I am starting a little heavier than normal beause I just got back from a three week vacation basically. I was gone almost the whole month so far and I have gained some weight. I lost a lot of fat on Kris Gethin's 12 week program but I couldn't lose that last bit of fat we are all trying to lose. I also don't like how the program doesn't have refeeds and just keeps lowering calories to keep losing weight. I think it sets you up to balloon back up at the end when you go from really low calories to normal eating.

I'll keep posting as I progress so others can critique or learn from my experience.
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Today was my first day back on in about three years! Definitely looking forward to following your progress as well as tracking my own. I am using this to prepare for a natural bodybuilding contest in May. I'm right with you on following Lyle's work to a T. Almost to the point where I am over anal about things, but I think that it's a far better approach than being too lax. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:08 AM

Good Luck to you! UD 2.0 is a great program that will definitely give you the results you want. I'm excited to follow your progress
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:51 AM

The first two days have gone well and the third day is going ok too. I was so tired after the workout last night it was crazy.

Today my legs are really sore and I have a pretty good headache but I'm still going to try to do some cardio tonight.

I went to the store yesterday to buy my carb load foods. I bought bagels, bread, pasta, and some cereal. It looks like it might be a challenge to stay under 50 grams of fat but we'll see how it goes.

Last night I did several super sets during the workout to keep it under an hour. I did chest/back together and biceps/triceps together. I actually like it better but it was exhausing.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:55 AM

For those of you who are interested my foods on the low carb days are:

Meal 1. Oatmeal/Protein shake
Meal 2. Chicken breast/Broccoli
Meal 3. Chicken breast/pasta
Meal 4. Chicken breast/Green Beans
Meal 5. 2 Egg whites 1 whole egg/Protein shake

Totals:

Cals

Fat
19 g

Carbs
75 g

Fiber
13 g

Protein
188 g

I also took all the fish oil pills. If I understand it correctly 13g of the carbs I ate do not count becuse they were fiber.

I eat this same thing everyday basically.
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM

19g of fat for the entire day You are committed my friend. Good luck and keep it up, assuming you follow the program correctly you should definitely see results quickly.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:00 PM

I use the food tracker on livestong.com so I hope it is accurate. It has most of the name brands I use in it so it should be ok. Even if it is double that I should still be ok.

Did 45 minutes on the bike today. Cardio wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights workout and the post workout eating!!!
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:11 PM

First carb load seemed to go well. I feel good and I kept the fat down pretty low. I did go over by about 15 grams but for the first load I think I did ok.

I didn't have any trouble with bloating either. I did realize that cereal is not very filling at all. I ate a huge bowl and a 1/2 hour later I was hungry.

Before the carb load I was down 6 lbs and after I was still down 3 so not complaints.

Time for the heavy workout!!!
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:14 PM

FOllowing along millenium.. Also hungry after my cereal and pretty much through the entire carb load.
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:37 AM

NNNoooo!!!

Tweaked my lower back during the deadlifts and couldn't get out of the bed on my own last night. Took a muscle relaxer and have been keeping heat on it today. Hopefully it will loosen up enough I can do the depletion workout tomorrow. I may break up the upper and lower body portions so I can let the old back rest another day.