BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-07-2012, 11:04 PM

I have been using bromo during my psmf (cat 1), as far as I can tell it has worked well but now that I am ending this cycle do I need to taper it in any way? say from 5 to 2.5, 2.5 then just 2.5 or quit suddenly?

I am just worried if prolactin would rebound harshly if I quit suddenly, is this worry unfounded?
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Hi I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone has experienced a reduction in their acne from bromocriptine?. Any information would be helpful. I have had acne for a while and recently it was suggested to me that high prolactin levels can cause acne. So if bromo has helped with your skin at all, let me know! thank you....
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oner View Post
Hi I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone has experienced a reduction in their acne from bromocriptine?. Any information would be helpful. I have had acne for a while and recently it was suggested to me that high prolactin levels can cause acne. So if bromo has helped with your skin at all, let me know! thank you....
I will try it and let you know.

Seems promising:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2449020
Bromocriptine treatment in patients with late onset acne and idiopathic hyperprolactinemia.

Twenty female patients with late onset acne and idiopathic hyperprolactinemia--but without increased levels of androgens or decreased levels of SHBG--were treated with bromocriptine. All patients had a fall of basal prolactin levels to normal and a great improvement in or even disappearance of their acne.
Also see:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ind...ay-cause-acne/
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:13 AM

Question Going too far?

Hi,
sorry for a longer question and sorry if it had been answered (I haven't found it).

I'm on cabergoline and wellbutrin for third week and it's frickin' awesome. Results are amazing yet I hardly care about food. Plus no noticeable muscle wasting. You changed my life and I love you... Really thanks.

Btw. for anyone - wellbutrin works much, MUCH better than e.g. sibutramine.

My intention is simply to go "all-the-way" and see where it takes me. (Or is this idea stupid already?) I'm not an athlete and I've never really been that skinny before. There's just no other specific goal I could think of.

I'm aware I'll get back to my natural setpoint eventually, but I'd just like to see myself like that for once.

Now under usual circumstances you don't have to worry about going too far and essential fat, since you would look like an Auschwitz survivor just to get there...

But on bromo(/cabergoline)? If I understand it right, my brain doesn't really know the body is losing fat. Without other symptoms, will there be some kind of warning for me that I'm overdoing it?
You haven't mentioned anything about that in your book (Bromocriptine, I don't have others)...

Also, in the end I'll have to actually figure out my appropriate maintenance intake and corresponding habits - simply by slowly raising my daily intake.
So I might remain in deficiency for some time even after I'll decide to stop.

Could that be dangerous? Or is it something I just don't have to worry about?

Best regards and thank you again.

Last edited by ljsiqbvjbjq : 01-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:47 PM

If someone doesn't feel any sides or appetite blunting, other goods from bromo, does this mean it's useless for this person and not lowering any setpoint?
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM

In my personal experience, after two weeks of continous usage, Bromocriptine reduces acne.

From what I've read, Bromocriptine isn't as strong of an appetite suppresant as the EC stack. If you don't feel sides it might mean you need a higher dosage or it really does nothing for you. For example, Yohimbine doesn't do anything for me, period. I've taken up to 10 pills and got nothing. Tried various brands, nothing.
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalin View Post
In my personal experience, after two weeks of continous usage, Bromocriptine reduces acne.

From what I've read, Bromocriptine isn't as strong of an appetite suppresant as the EC stack. If you don't feel sides it might mean you need a higher dosage or it really does nothing for you. For example, Yohimbine doesn't do anything for me, period. I've taken up to 10 pills and got nothing. Tried various brands, nothing.
That's weird because 5 pills (12.5mg) gives me heart palpitations and sweats.
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM

A question.

Do people for whom bromocriptine doesn’t work, in terms of helping diet to work, still get the adverse effects (nausea, drowsiness etc.)?

Or put another way, if they are experiencing the side effects is this a good indicator that bromocriptine is going to work well. Conversely, if side effects are not experienced does this mean that they unlikley to respond to bromocriptine?

Thanks,
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM

I have *NOT* seen any correlation between side effects and desired dietary effect.
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Thanks Myles,

That's what I was getting at.