BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-15-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Yes, both my fingers are yellow, and it's not washing away, so confirmed DNP.

Thanks.
it tastes like a dye should. next time parachute it (roll it up in cigaretta wrapping paper and swallow). avoids the throat issue.
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Does anyone have experience with glycerol while on DNP?
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Ok, so the second pill was a bunk. All the side effects have subsided and I'm now back to baseline...
If the pill contained the same amount of DNP than your 1st then you should still be feeling the effects, although it really start to get perceptible around the 3rd-5th day. So you may have just felt the initial kick... your body is adjusting to the new substance so don't increase dosage before day 4 at least.

Also read this entire thread if you didn't already as all guidelines and proper recommendations were made in details, addressing the most common questions/issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxxelig View Post
No, your tolerable limit is dependend on your sensitivity which is not a constant. 40mcg today can give me nasty side effectd but after a week of taking 20mcg none of that. In one study they titrated it up to >700mcg because the sensitivity decreases as you take it but your sensitivity does not stay this way when you've been off for weeks/months.
I second that. I mentioned this before elsewhere and Clen is not about hovering over your tolerable limit but cycling until your receptors upregulate and then starting another cycle from the lowest dosage possible....

Conciliator harped a lot on this very issue and there's no need to push to the limit and staying there. You will basically quickly downregulate your receptors to get the same results a lower dosage would provide (during the cycle dosage should be indeed raised, up to a limit).

Also another issue that I saw is research showing evidence that Clen causes heart damage with dosages usually used by BB (not to be confused with those researches using monstrous dosages... this one used ranges like 120mcg), and I didn't see yet a proper rebuttal for that. Just in case I avoid going over 100mcg (or staying there for more than a couple weeks at most).
The fact is that unlike Ephedrine, Clen is not well-researched and in most countries it's a substance only approved for veterinary use so it's wise not to abuse it.

Quote:
Guys, eating a few milligrams of powder directly could create problems? I opened a cap to check, and some spilled on my hand, and I ate it.
Now my throat feels kinda uncomfortable.
I knew in advance that swallowing the powder have nasty effects... so when I opened my pre-capped DNP attempting to detect what was the filler used to cut (looked like table salt or sugar) I put a bit of it in my tongue.... that very small bit was enough to give a nasty acid sensation in my throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Does anyone have experience with glycerol while on DNP?
There's some logs in other forums based on old bro-guides that recommended it, but in case you are wondering it's utterly unnecessary. From what I remember of the posts I saw, it doesn't improve the experience any bit, it's really just a misguided recommendation.
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:28 AM

Thanks
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:28 PM

I have a question regarding the cravings increase under DNP.
I've had way more than my fair share of cravings fighting during my keto period and, even more, during my IF period, but the cravings under DNP appear much different than that.
Keto cravings are "if I don't eat that cake my life is not worth living, so might as well kill myself". IF are "I haven't eaten for 20 hours, a little more food won't make that much of a difference", while DNP ones are "I wonder how does that food taste when mixed with that other food. I wanna try NOW!".
And since my curiosity is my greatest weakness, they appear to be much harder to control.
Has anyone else experienced this difference?
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
DNP activates AMPK
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...regulator.html

A number of cellular stresses can activate AMPk. This includes metabolic poisons (DNP anybody?), glucose deprivation, ischemia (decreased blood flow), hypoxia (insufficient oxygen), oxidative stress and hyperosmotic stress
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboned View Post
DNP activates AMPK
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...regulator.html

A number of cellular stresses can activate AMPk. This includes metabolic poisons (DNP anybody?), glucose deprivation, ischemia (decreased blood flow), hypoxia (insufficient oxygen), oxidative stress and hyperosmotic stress
What does that have to do with his quesion?

In case you missed it:
"Does anyone else have experience with this?"
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
What does that have to do with his quesion?

In case you missed it:
"Does anyone else have experience with this?"
Did you read his question?
or
Did you read the link I provided?

Quote:
I explained, via the link, why he is having issues with cravings. How you deal with cravings on a diet, that is answered in many places, even on the main site
Dieting Secrets for Fat Loss
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...g-secrets.html
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I've had way more than my fair share of cravings fighting during my keto period and, even more, during my IF period, but the cravings under DNP appear much different than that.
Keto cravings are "if I don't eat that cake my life is not worth living, so might as well kill myself". IF are "I haven't eaten for 20 hours, a little more food won't make that much of a difference", while DNP ones are "I wonder how does that food taste when mixed with that other food. I wanna try NOW!".
And since my curiosity is my greatest weakness, they appear to be much harder to control.
I assume you already read all this thread from the beginning, since you are already using DNP and this question was previously debated with many people describing the cravings/increased hunger.

What I can add to all that was previously said in the subject is that there is individual variability regarding that. Also how experienced you are with diets and dealing with cravings and diet-induced hunger plays a role. Overall there is a tendency of getting a sharper appetite, at least occasionally with carb craving being constantly mentioned by many people.

However it's nothing overpowering and it can be ignored/controlled. Even refeed/free-meal days doesn't need to fall into disarray because of that. But like I said your previous experience with dieting will play a major role here.

There's no excuse to blew up a DNP-diet on account of some "overpowering hunger". That's not the case, specially if we look into the technical explanation for that.
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:57 PM

As I mentioned before, there was two things I would like to share here.

First the processing of the moist powder into usable dry and homogenous powder ready for encapsulation.

Using common kitchen tools it's easy to get the job done with no hassle. I thought it would be messy given all the reports about dealing with raw powder but as previously speculated here, the crystal version may be more "forgiving" in that regard.

So using the electric oven was as expected the best route. I spread about 1/4 of the package into a small inox plate like this one: http://www.pyramisgroup.com/inst/pyr...OX-PLATE_N.jpg (just a test batch) and took to the oven at about 60c for around 3 hours. I checked progress every once per hour and revolved the powder in the plate each time (although that's not really necessary). Then I left resting for some minutes until it reach ambient temperature.

After that it was necessary to grind it into a finer powder.... I improvised using the smooth part of an old meat hammer (like this one: https://www.tigerchef.com/itempics/W...183_xlarge.jpg) to crunch the powder against the plate
Then I used a plastic sieve (like this one: http://www.e-secure.biz/images/galle...B1/31936_1.jpg) to filter the powder, getting a fine and homogeneous powder ready for encapsulation.

I did this process over the kitchen countertop and didn't used gloves at the time. Even being careful, once dried.... small particles of the powder will float around even with no air current. The sieve part was the one that raised the most and it reached my nose quickly causing some sneezing lol.
I washed my hands and even though no direct contact was made with the powder, surprisingly a lot was washed away like yellow tint; Same thing with my nose.... I blew it and it all came out yellow
But no stains.... all washed out easily, except for small stains at 2 of my fingertips (which disappear in 1 or 2 days).

Well none of the utensils I used in the process got any stain whatsoever. Water easily removed all: the countertop, the inox plate, the aluminum hammer and even the plastic sieve came out 100% clean with no DNP trace whatsoever. The most problematic spot is the skin (hands), it seems that it may take 1 or 2 minutes before DNP will stick in it for good. At least for small exposition (indirectly thru the air in this case).

So using some latex gloves is a wise idea. A dust mask (like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-2985-No...ords=dust+mask) is also recommended. If no mask then don't breath to close to the stuff since it have the tendency of raising small particles no matter what. So that's it, no big issue and not a deterrent for those wondering about the process.

The delivery of my capping kit was delayed due to transportation issues.... so for now I'm emptying capsules of some stuff I'm not taking anymore and filling it with DNP (no cutting, just filling it with DNP and using a cotton stick to compress the powder to properly fill the caps) then using a mg-precision scale to verify the results.

Using 00 caps ("1g") filled to the top I could squeeze around 550mg of crystal DNP. Accounting for the 2% impurity plus 25% sodium content and lets say eventual 3% residual moisture (probably less but just to use round numbers...) it should give 30%. So 550 - 30% = 385mg actual DNP content. So almost 400mg which is my daily target anyway. I started taking it after 24h hiatus from the pre-capped (non-crystal) I had here.