BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd
Costco for the win
Hmmm... I think I teach this stuff :lol:

Different operating points on the price-elasticity curve...
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david
Totally agree. LEF is the best, and most expensive, available. I can afford it.

I use, as a foundation, their Life Extension Mix ubermegamultinutrient tabs, their Life Extension Booster, and the dog gets their Dog Mix.

I add other specific suplements from other reliable sources.

David
Ditto. After all, what is the point of getting older and making more money if you don't spend it on great fish oil gelcaps????
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Does the fact that I am purchasing LEFs anti aging supplements make you think we are close in age?

LEF also was one of the only resources I could find to carry pregnenolone over 50 mg, but that was not my sole reason for buying them. I love reading their articles and studies.

I am interested in reading more about the fish oil and immune suppression, so I'll go off to google Alan Aragon. I am now concerned I may be taking too much. The 1 Tbs of CLO I consume daily contains ~ 14 grams of fish oil, with DHA and EPA at ~ 1500 mg each and 1200 mg ALA.

My nutritionally-focused, holistic physician recommended I consume up to 2 Tbs of CLO a day, but I haven't seen him in almost a year. HIs recommendations were for me to get my D3 levels up.

Recent serum results from another doctor showed that all my sex hormones are suboptimal, D3 is still below range, and I still have mild (but improved) adrenal insufficiency.

I am certain insulin/systemic inflammation are at the root of my health concerns, but I was under the impression fish oil would help, not hurt. Especially after reading Weston-Price articles about it.
Unread 02-10-2008, 06:35 AM

Just out of interest, what are your thoughts on krill oil. Do you think it is in anyway superior to ordinary fish oil?
Unread 02-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:

Where do you get yours?

I am a fanatic on this stuff and have joined the Life Extension Foundation, a bunch of like-minded fanatics who have joined together to form a buyer's club. If you order in volume and are a member, then 120 gelcaps cost around $17. These are literally the best in the world - they get tested all the time, are molecularly distilled, formed in an inert nitrogen process, etc...

As you no doubt know, fish oil is extremely unsaturated and so can go rancid very easily. I realize that $17 for 120 isn't cheap, and that I have quite a bit of disposable income, but you might want to consider it if you are worried...

Just a thought - I have no financial interest in this stuff...
I get my EFA caps from Sams club, but I have started to just use Carlson's Cod liver oil, which I use up in about a week per bottle. Flavor doesn't bother me.
Unread 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM

This thread freaked me out a bit, as I found an oldish bottle of fishoil gelcaps in the back of my fridge and have been taking. I cracked one open just now and it smelled fine, actually not fishy or rancid at all. The bottle is about 6 months old, but I guess the airtight gelcaps as well as the cold storage does a great job of preservation.