BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-2015, 07:21 AM

Default Wide hips - oblique training yes or no?

Ive heard controversial things about oblique training while having comparably wide hips.
So will trained obliques make my hips look better (and if so only at low bf% or even if i go up to 12% bf?)
pic related (right side is current)

greets guys

Unread 12-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not the size of your hips that's really the problem, more a lack of LBM. That is not to say you don't look good. I'm just saying you're not packing like Ronnie up top. Take no offense!

Once your shoulders and back thicken up you'll even out great.

Stop stressing about this stuff, you look great man.
Unread 12-08-2015, 07:46 AM

It's been said training obliques has the opposite effect, making your torso look wider and messing with your V-taper or waist to shoulder ratio. But I think it may also result in a beautiful strong looking core, like Klokov or some Greek statues. I doubt your obliques will blow up and make you look terrible with some side bends or whatever. You can always lose muscle mass anyway by dieting and doing a bunch of depletion work, it's not like your obliques will be huge forever, and I dont think theres any good reason not to train your obliques, just like theres not really any good reason to not do calf raises or ab work.

I agree with bigbearbits though, upper body mass is really one of the most important things, especially if you don't have naturally wide shoulders like you (and I think I) do, with comparatively wide hips.
Unread 12-08-2015, 07:50 AM

haha i know that i dont have a lot of mass, but its about the core section mainly (dont worry, no disrespect taken. ive never been on a mass gaining phase more than 2 weeks in my life.)
yes thats exactly what ive heard aswell. but seeing that ill probably not have a v taper anyways with those hips, the question is if the core would look better with trained obliques.
guess ill try just implementing 4 sets of oblique work anyways in the last weeks of my cut and see where it goes. shouldnt pack on anything special anyways and if i notice that it looks bad in a surplus i can still let go of these exercises. thanks guys
Unread 12-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearBits View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not the size of your hips that's really the problem, more a lack of LBM. That is not to say you don't look good. I'm just saying you're not packing like Ronnie up top. Take no offense!
He has a physique that most women will like

Males on the other hand.....
Unread 12-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Can someone look up what the hips are please.
Unread 12-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
He has a physique that most women will like

Males on the other hand.....
its more about feeling good and the clothes i have to wear. gotta wear suits and similar stuff often because of internships where i definetely think leanness > mass in a suit.
on top of that you just cant be lean enough when you were fat during puberty. body dysmorphia or whatever you want to call it.
Unread 12-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Can someone look up what the hips are please.
This.

OP, you're in great shape and proportions. If you don't realize this, then you are officially an idiot.
Unread 12-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrock View Post
its more about feeling good and the clothes i have to wear. gotta wear suits and similar stuff often because of internships where i definetely think leanness > mass in a suit.
on top of that you just cant be lean enough when you were fat during puberty. body dysmorphia or whatever you want to call it.
Unread 12-08-2015, 01:50 PM

dang that looks horrible