BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:21 AM

Default Short PSMF

Today is the last day of my 2 week diet break in which I ate above maintenance. I'm not sure if my hormones are fixed because I'm still abnormally hungry sometimes. I definitely gained fat in my lower belly. My school starts next week, and I'd like to get rid the fat I gained from the diet break. I was wondering would I have to lift if I planned on doing a PSMF for just 5 days? It would be really easy for me to restrict calories because I just had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, and all I've been doing is sleeping all day long. I could just intake 300g of protein from protein shakes and greek yogurt. How important would lifting be if I was only planning on restricting calories to that degree for 5 days?
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
How important would lifting be
How important for what? Preservation of LBM? Clearly lifting, say 2x, would be better, but if you're laid up you can't lift, then you're decision is made for you.
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowens View Post
How important for what? Preservation of LBM? Clearly lifting, say 2x, would be better, but if you're laid up you can't lift, then you're decision is made for you.
how significant would the loss of LBM be? I've also forgotten to note that I haven't lifted in 4 days either
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statusfresh View Post
how significant would the loss of LBM be? I've also forgotten to note that I haven't lifted in 4 days either
Nothing "significant" is going to happen on any front in 5 days. But of the 1.5-2 lbs max you'll actually lose (once the water comes back with carbs), the majority will be fat.
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shza View Post
Nothing "significant" is going to happen on any front in 5 days. But of the 1.5-2 lbs max you'll actually lose (once the water comes back with carbs), the majority will be fat.
I don't have the RFL handbook, and if I was to order it, it would kinda be too late. How would I go about doing this? Basically, will eating 170g of protein and getting my EFAs as well my daily multivitamin suffice for these 5 days?

Last edited by statusfresh : 08-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM

buy the e-copy, then it won't be too late.

Week 1: 7/13 - 7/19 (-7.4 lbs, net -7.4)
Week 2: 7/20 - 7/26 (-4.6 lbs, net -12)
Week 3: 7/27 - 8/2 (+2, net -10)
Week 4: 8/3 - 8/9
Week 5: 8/10 - 8/16
Week 6: 8/17 - 8/23
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventy7x View Post
buy the e-copy, then it won't be too late.
Didn't think of that, but realized a PSMF would be bad idea because I've had binging problems in past. Plus it would take too much preparation. I'm just going to do a moderate cut.