BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Default Low carb things to mix with isolate

In the near future I am to spend over a month at a faraway land known as Canada. During this time my attention should be fully focused on elliptic curves (these are non-food items), and I need to structure my food independently of shops, restaurants, opening hours, etc.
In the hotel room I won't have a fridge, but I am taking a dual-voltage kettle with me, so coffee/hot water will be available.
Because I am unfamiliar with what is available in Canada and won't have time for explorations, I am taking with me a tub of Nutrisport Chocolate powder and a shaker, so in the worst possible case I can just live off the shake and peanut butter for a month (might also get very low carb crackers if available).

Question: what other low-carb things that don't require refrigeration can you think of that would go well with my protein powder? (Oatmeal, other cereals or fruits won't do - can't have so many carbs). I racked my brains, but peanut butter seems to be it. Please help!
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:28 PM

canned or foilpack tuna or chicken.
jerky
I hear they sell eggs in canada.
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Where in Canada? An isolated rural area? Look up nearby grocery stores online and see what they offer. Where are you coming from? We might have a lot of the same foods you do.

A lot of hotel rooms do have small fridges, but if you are sure yours won't have one, you could buy a cooler for about $20 or $30. Canadian Tire has a styrofoam one for $8.00. That would keep fat free cottage cheese good for a few days. It's good mixed with protein powder. Celery and cucumbers would be okay in a cooler.

I like protein powder mixed in a bowl with just a wee bit of water, to make a pudding. Will you have a way to heat anything up? As mentioned, there are all kinds of meat and fish in cans, also canned beans (many types) and vegetables that you could eat cold.

"An elliptic curve is a particular kind of cubic equation in two variables whose projective solutions form a group." ~ googled. .
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Canada is one of the most prosperous nations on earth, and has a healthier population than the United States. Everything available to you here will be available there, and is likely to be higher in quality.

Tuna will work for you, but your options are going to be limited if you don't have a fridge.
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbee View Post
Where in Canada? An isolated rural area? Look up nearby grocery stores online and see what they offer. Where are you coming from? We might have a lot of the same foods you do.

A lot of hotel rooms do have small fridges, but if you are sure yours won't have one, you could buy a cooler for about $20 or $30. Canadian Tire has a styrofoam one for $8.00. That would keep fat free cottage cheese good for a few days. It's good mixed with protein powder. Celery and cucumbers would be okay in a cooler.

I like protein powder mixed in a bowl with just a wee bit of water, to make a pudding. Will you have a way to heat anything up? As mentioned, there are all kinds of meat and fish in cans, also canned beans (many types) and vegetables that you could eat cold.

"An elliptic curve is a particular kind of cubic equation in two variables whose projective solutions form a group." ~ googled. .
Actually, Toronto. I'll be staying quite near the Fields Institute. Trouble is, I'll be very short on time and I don't know Toronto. Your advice on coolers is very good, thanks! I've made a note of my options and will try to get one of those. Is this a type of cooler you plug into the mains? Is there a chance you know where I can get such a cooler in Toronto?
As for elliptic curves, yes, they are that and much, much more... I totally love them.

Last edited by gnost : 05-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshia2m View Post
Canada is one of the most prosperous nations on earth, and has a healthier population than the United States. Everything available to you here will be available there, and is likely to be higher in quality.
Far be it from me to suggest otherwise. My problems are lack of time, ignorance of Toronto and absence of a fridge, not the prosperity of Canada.
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrhino View Post
I hear they sell eggs in canada.
Hmm, never heard of 'em...
Are they any good for people without a fridge and a stove?
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnost View Post
Actually, Toronto. I'll be staying quite near the Fields Institute. Trouble is, I'll be very short on time and I don't know Toronto. Your advice on coolers is very good, thanks! I've made a note of my options and will try to get one of those. Is this a type of cooler you plug into the mains? Is there a chance you know where I can get such a cooler in Toronto?
As for elliptic curves, yes, they are that and much, much more... I totally love them.
I will look up Fields Institute and see what is close. Okay - it's right in the thick of things. There are stores all around there.

I was thinking of a styrofoam cooler. They don't plug in and don't last very long. They are sort of disposable.

If I were you, I would contact the place where you are staying and ask if there is a fridge in your room and request one if there isn't. I think you are worrying too much.

Last edited by Elbee : 05-29-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: adding more.
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnost View Post
Hmm, never heard of 'em...
Are they any good for people without a fridge and a stove?
Have you heard of hens?
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbee View Post
Have you heard of hens?
Oh yes, the two-legged things that don't require refrigeration. One is to chase them, dunk them quickly into the protein powder and consume them before they have a chance of getting away... or of needing refrigeration...