BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-27-2015, 01:38 PM

Default Martin Berkhan

He doesn't update his website anymore; nor his facebook or twitter. Seems to have fallen off the map? I enjoyed reading his articles as well. one of the few other websites I would read about nutrition on.
Unread 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM

Maybe he found a new fixation. If he's as insecure as he seems, he probably wasn't content with being a guru.

Maybe he got fat?

Maybe he realized the premise of his diet is just as ridiculous as the popular diets that antagonized him.

Maybe he realized that when you let yourself mix macronutrients, food tastes better.

Who cares? He's just another abrasive personality. You'd say he clarified some things for the layman dieter, but he really just added noise for most people. Most people can hardly understand these concepts. In fact, in line with 'who cares,' I don't think we're even supposed to talk about him here anymore.
Unread 04-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Administrator

He had a complete mental breakdown, wrote a tirade against me and Alan, called me a coward, took it down 4 hours later and then disappeared. I think he's a good case study for what happens when you try to stay 6% year around, your body eats your brain.

Last I heard he was on Redditt somewhere talking about video games.
Unread 04-28-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Maybe he found a new fixation. If he's as insecure as he seems, he probably wasn't content with being a guru.

Maybe he got fat?

Maybe he realized the premise of his diet is just as ridiculous as the popular diets that antagonized him.

Maybe he realized that when you let yourself mix macronutrients, food tastes better.
Or he just made a ton of money off suckers and quit while he was ahead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
He had a complete mental breakdown, wrote a tirade against me and Alan, called me a coward, took it down 4 hours later and then disappeared. I think he's a good case study for what happens when you try to stay 6% year around, your body eats your brain.

Last I heard he was on Redditt somewhere talking about video games.
Well, after water the brain IS mostly fat, right?

RFL Round 2 Log (ended 10/25/2013)

UD2.0 Log (started 12/29/13)
Unread 05-12-2015, 07:24 AM

He answered my coaching request a few months ago, after three years since my original e-mail. I think I'll wait two or three years and then politely decline. This will make ours the slowest e-mail conversation in history.
Unread 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Is he still charging $1500 per month to tell you to not eat for 14 hours?
Unread 05-12-2015, 09:12 AM

All of the documents he charges that much for consultations were released by an angry client years ago. You can find them online if your Google-fu is strong enough. Heck for $500 I'll provide anyone the cliff notes.
Unread 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Someone offered to send them to me once. I couldn't be bothered to care.

1. Don't eat for 14 yours
2. ON training days, put 75% of cals after training. Maintennace of slightly above
3. On non-training days eat less
4. Cheesecake

I was doing this with EOD a decade before him without the fasting bit.
Unread 05-12-2015, 09:33 AM

You just killed my entire business model. I need this to be on the BR Facebook group so I can cuss a little more.

My biggest annoyance with Martin was him acting like he personally was responsible for being the one to kill the bro myth of 6 meals a day 3 hours a apart or you go catabolic. I'm pretty sure you had said that in UD2 way back in the original version from the early 2000s.
Unread 05-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Most of what he said I had probably said long before he said it. But he had better abs so perhaps more listened to him.

He sold out, went nuts and everything had to be in support of IF even when it wasn't. The worst kind of guru and by the time he got to 'breakfast makes you hungry', he was done.

Then his psychotic break, calling me and Alan Cowards before pulling his rant down 4 hours later (like a coward) and now gone. Typical