BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-01-2017, 10:58 PM

Default What is this life?

Really though. What do? Is? Why?
Is the pursuit of happiness the happiness?
Is it wrong to never be satisfied with progress for a long period of time?
Is always wanting more the wrong way to go about things?

How long could one possibly stay zenned out for before returning to the rat race?
How much money is really enough? Do you really LOVE your spouse?
Why do people have sympathy for you when are down but hate you when you are up and wonder "why cant that be me?" ?

Im 25 by the way. I left my old life of partying and abusing certain things about a year ago. I was opiate dependent since 18 years old and it basically ruined some of the most beautiful years of my life. Lost my wife too. But recently I Started working out and lost about 30 lbs. I own a small furniture business now.I guess i could say im a handsome young man. Im single and no real friends anymore. My point is that i dont really have anyone to vent to. I still feel lost sometimes and i dont know the meaning of this thing called life. Anyone else still wonder about all this sometimes? /VentOver
Unread 06-02-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragos75 View Post
Really though. What do? Is? Why?
Is the pursuit of happiness the happiness?

Sometimes the chase IS the joy.

Is it wrong to never be satisfied with progress for a long period of time?
Is always wanting more the wrong way to go about things?

Only if always pushing for more makes you miserable. And it's okay to change the goal if you have to; healthy even.

How long could one possibly stay zenned out for before returning to the rat race?
How much money is really enough?

YMMV. This will depend on what you mean by zenned out and what standard of living you are really comfortable with. For me money is about having more options vs. having more stuff/impressing other people.

Do you really LOVE your spouse?

Hopefully. To what degree remains to be determined.

Why do people have sympathy for you when are down but hate you when you are up and wonder "why cant that be me?" ?

People like that don't really hate you, they hate themselves for not living up to their own expectations whatever those may be. Usually the same kind of people that feel better about themselves when they see someone else is worse off. A little of this (thank god that's not my problem) is normal.

Im 25 by the way. I left my old life of partying and abusing certain things about a year ago. I was opiate dependent since 18 years old and it basically ruined some of the most beautiful years of my life. Lost my wife too. But recently I Started working out and lost about 30 lbs. I own a small furniture business now.I guess i could say im a handsome young man. Im single and no real friends anymore. My point is that i dont really have anyone to vent to. I still feel lost sometimes and i dont know the meaning of this thing called life. Anyone else still wonder about all this sometimes? /VentOver

Congratulations on turning that corner. Be on guard for relapse and avoid people/places that can take you there.

Everyone feels lost sometimes. Personally have been enjoying some Jordan Peterson videos on YouTube. Insightful guy and I agree with him on most everything (so I might be biased), but he basically says "life is hard, happiness is fleeting, chase meaning instead".

And, the internet is great for venting.
Unread 06-02-2017, 11:38 AM

Thank you for responding. I actually tried to delete the post after i posted it but couldnt figure out how to and just left it alone. I do feel better though so thanks and sorry if this post was pointless.
Unread 06-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Hm share summadat fine dank stuff you on pls
Unread 06-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc
Unread 06-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Respect!
Unread 06-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Enlightenment is addicting. You get shot with an epiphany gun and everything makes sense. Everything that ever happened to you makes sense. It all led up to that universal omniconciousness. Only problem is that its short lived. But thats how its supposed to be. Its not maintainable. But highly addictive. Being is funny. I think whats helpdd me is to just take a minute to take a minute. Have a moment to just have moment. It helps me come back to my senses.
Unread 06-04-2017, 04:20 PM

OCEANIC FEELING //// thats the phrase i was looking for.
Unread 06-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Look at some positives

You're only 25, which is quite young.

You say you are good looking.

You have a furniture business which I assume is teaching you some good life and business lessons. Hopefully you are making good money as well.

You have gotten into exercise/fitness which can greatly enhance one's life when done reasonably.

Everybody makes mistakes in life. If I told you some of the things I messed up in my late teens and early twenties you would laugh. But hey, you live and learn and you have more going for you than most do. Maybe get off the computer more, go out into the world and meet people, make new friends, and try new things.
Unread 06-08-2017, 12:13 AM

Appreciate the love. It honestly helps to hear things like this from strangers. Peace love and respect guys!